It is one of the basic scaffolding technique.

Good idea to provide a short video that easily explain it to inexperienced users.

It is important to notice that these techniques allows some kind of "fine" movements in LDD, otherwise precluded. For example you can use it to place two minifigures stuff around the neck, or slightly move two colliding bricks to avoid misconnection without manually editing the lxfml file.

That's indeed very useful for the final positioning of sub-models.

Thank you very much for creating the movie and sharing it with us! :thumbup:

Definitely a lot easier than swapping pieces to studded pieces to try and line up in the right spot.  If you want more length you can also use an axle with a 2x2 circle (or really anything with a hole on it) however that clip template looks useful.  Is there a reason you're using a different clip for the Z axis, or does the clip used not matter?

My issue when doing this has always been that I will do something that gets the piece off the rail in LDD and then getting it back on, kinda like shown in the video when you went off the edge.

9 hours ago, Exile Phoenix said:

If you want more length you can also use an axle with a 2x2 circle (or really anything with a hole on it) however that clip template looks useful.  Is there a reason you're using a different clip for the Z axis, or does the clip used not matter?

I mean LDD has some pretty long tubes if I wanna make a longer railing. The setup I am using just doesn't take a lot of space and it's also important. As for clip pieces, it doesn't really matter as long as it has the clip and can be slid along the bar.

Thanks everyone! I was kind of thinking of creating a series of short tips and tricks vids but I don't have a lot of them to be honest.