Hey fellow LEGO-fans! 

This is a race car made using the rules of Super-GT - which is basically Japan's touring car championship. This model may look a little familiar because it evolved out of my latest creation. :wink:

1150 parts, steering, fully modeled engine, exact same size as the LEGO F-40. I hope you like it. :classic:

KtQe9Q1.jpg

slue5ib.jpg

wweEbhQ.jpg

OTX6emS.jpg

PjF1wtA.jpg

Edited by GiantAmbushBeetle

8 hours ago, legophisto said:

Another great race car! I would really love to see something completely different from such a talented builder like you.

Thank you! :classic: I actually have a couple of plans to do minifig-scale mining vehicles, I've always loved those big strip and drag shovel excavators. 

I actually built a small vintage diesel strip shovel in the LDD as a fun little project, unfortunately I do not have the money to build a real version of right now, but here is a small digital render: 

(Shovel elevation and shovel is controlled via a small winch and a worm gear inside the engine bay. )

Z6gpCn6.jpg

LNDY1gN.jpg

3 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

That car is a masterpiece ..I love it! :wub:

14 hours ago, roadstermatt said:

nice work on both the car and the shovel

Thanks guys! :classic: 

There is an updated version, now with warm gold color, better side mirrors, improved headlights and improved front fenders: 

A7jvqjl.jpg?1

67ST871.jpg?1

I know this thread is about the car and it does look good, especially with the addition of non-LEGO stickers. I really do like that steam shovel though and I think I have most of those parts laying around so I may give it a whirl, really like the random brown and tan bricks used to simulate rust.