Sign in to follow this  
ProvenceTristram

[MOC] 58-gun Galleon of War "HMS Royal Intent"

Impressive!  Very well detailed, with a lot going on for a ship built on the standard hull.  The color scheme looks great as well.

I'd like to encourage you to step up a bit on your next project, and try to have the hull expand amidships, and contract towards the stern, as ships of that period tended to do.  My only critique of this is that the hull is straight down the sides, but it would probably take so much work to change that for this ship that you'd essentially have to start from scratch.  I think you'll be even more proud of the results if you do that.

8 hours ago, Cousarmy0001 said:

Impressive!  Very well detailed, with a lot going on for a ship built on the standard hull.  The color scheme looks great as well.

I'd like to encourage you to step up a bit on your next project, and try to have the hull expand amidships, and contract towards the stern, as ships of that period tended to do.  My only critique of this is that the hull is straight down the sides, but it would probably take so much work to change that for this ship that you'd essentially have to start from scratch.  I think you'll be even more proud of the results if you do that.

Actually, in most of my mocs, the hull does contract towards the stern. However, when it comes to galleons, you're then talking about three different angles at that point - the angle outwards of the transcom, the angle inwards of the sides, and then a narrowing. i decided, in this instance, to dispense with the narrowing due to the amount of structural detail on the back.

I see!

Still, a very good effort, I quite like her.  I also just noticed her stern ends with a middle hull piece.  That doesn't happen very often here, and I'm always interested when I see one.  There have been some very interesting ships designed that way, and this certainly falls into that category.

I rather like this one ... Being built the way it is I can forgive the missing curves ... Its a nice looking ship really ... I like the parts useage as well ... The upper gun ports are interesting

The only thing I don't like is the lifebelt you have hanging there, as they haven't been part and especially not like that designed, of ships equipment during the 19th century...

There have been some cork vests during Trafalgar Battle (1805) but that was still a way different form of what we use today... so you are using a vests clearly not appeared before he 20th century on ships.

I like the rest, great build, wonderfully detailed. I doesn't care about missing curves as for me it looks really nice how it is

This looks fantastic! I'm always interested in seeing a ship made with modern pieces (for those of us who can't just buy two hundred old-style hinges.) The inclination of the galleries is very striking, especially since you've done a good job hiding the gaps.

Any chance you'll buy parts and build it IRL?

MAC 

On 9/1/2019 at 2:43 PM, DonRamon1981 said:

The only thing I don't like is the lifebelt you have hanging there, as they haven't been part and especially not like that designed, of ships equipment during the 19th century...

There have been some cork vests during Trafalgar Battle (1805) but that was still a way different form of what we use today... so you are using a vests clearly not appeared before he 20th century on ships.

I like the rest, great build, wonderfully detailed. I doesn't care about missing curves as for me it looks really nice how it is

uum if you look at the last picture of the model, you can see that they are gunports not lifevests. Lemme show you.

WvH_(III)_-_Heckspiegel-Detail.jpg