Here's my take at the father of the modern battle tank. Goals: make it green and aim for a reasonable balance between looks and functions. Also, I'm really happy with the upper glacis plate opening up just like in the real tank, because it required creating a complex compact hinge inclined in two planes.

Photos & reading: http://sariel.pl/2018/09/renault-ft-17/

Edited by Sariel

Hah, you're getting quite fancy with the video effects! The presentation is very well done. 

Are the outtakes showing the fragility of this build, or are they just exaggerating it? The access doors seem to have a lot of slack, I'm guessing it's a function of the scale and not being able to attach parts at multiple points. It's still impressive that it can perform outdoors. 

There is no slack in the doors. They are simply held in place only by two 1x1 plates with clips, and if you pull too hard, the plates sometimes let go.

Edited by Sariel

I was talking about the engine access doors, I should have been more precise. I watched that portion again and I think it's just the way that window shutter part is made that makes it loose, not the way its attached on the model. 

3 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Is your white background also greenscreened?

Um no, my white background is physically there.

Cool creation (and movie too)
Also like the 'technique' to move the barrel up and down. Great idea.

4 hours ago, efferman said:

cool. Was it inspired by the Anime Girls and Tanks?

Never seen it in my life.

If anybody is interested in building a copy of this model (doable in light bluish gray to save costs, black should be possible too), the instructions can be bough here: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-25045/Sariel/rc-renault-ft-17/

Free sample of the instructions is here: http://sariel.pl/down/renaultft17sample.pdf

And a complete parts list is here: http://sariel.pl/downloads/renaultft17.xlsx

Great build as always!

Now can't wait for the KV1/2... It would be astonishing if you made the video of it next to a real example (Bowington Museum in England or probably any tank museum in Russia)!

I understand though that this type of trip just to take a picture or video would be quite an effort and expense - just a thought ;)

Sariel, cheers. And sample instructions seem to be +10/10.

I do wish that rebrickable had some other options for the ad thingy. "reject all cookies" for example.

Sariel, I do have uBlock Origin, that I sometimes use.

technicfan, I am no expert, but the normal old PF uses infrared, while PS4 uses bluetooth. So, no to that.

S Brick, that should be a yes.

Video by Sariel:

10 hours ago, technicfan said:

Very nice:thumbup:. Can the PS4 controller be used with a normal PF receiver, or only the S Brick?.

There is no way to use a Bluetooth controller with an IR receiver, no.

20 hours ago, technicfan said:

ery nice:thumbup:. Can the PS4 controller be used with a normal PF receiver, or only the S Brick?

9 hours ago, Sariel said:

There is no way to use a Bluetooth controller with an IR receiver, no

This is a quote from the Brickcontroller topic:

"It supports SBrick, BuWizz 1-2, Powered-Up, Boost and PF infrared (on Android devices having infrared emitter)." 

Edited by T Lego