Hello everyone,

the European journey is now complete!

europa.jpg

danimarca.jpg

I wanted to conclude with Denmark: the nation that has created Lego toys ...paying tribute with the magnificent DSB Nohab! :blush:

nohab-001.jpg

nohab-002.jpg

nohab-003.jpg

nohab-004.jpg

The hardest part was making the three-axle trolleys, but searching on the net I've never found anything I liked.

I know that the bogie I made will disappoint the purists but in its simplicity this is what everyone would want! :grin:

To make it, I've used a Dremel and I'm quite satisfied with the result.

nohab-009.jpg

nohab-010.jpg

nohab-011.jpg

nohab-012.jpg

To power the locomotive, I have perhaps invented a Columbs' egg: using a normal train motor, vertically oriented, inside the body of the locomotive.

nohab-013.jpg

nohab-014.jpg

To satisfy the overall dimensions I've realized this machine in 7 studs.

As always the model has a switch to turn on the front and back lights; the power switch is behind the windscreen and the receiver is mounted upside down under the main body.

nohab-007.jpg

nohab-008.jpg

nohab-006.jpg

Have fun with photos... :laugh:

nohab-005.jpg

nohab-015.jpg

nohab-016.jpg

nohab-017.jpg

nohab-018.jpg

nohab-019.jpg

nohab-020.jpg

nohab-021.jpg

nohab-022.jpg

nohab-023.jpg

nohab-024.jpg

For the next few months, after some interludes with cars from Spain and Italy, the latest creations will be from Germany and only Germany! :wub:

After that my trains collection will be DEFINITIVELY completed :cry_happy: ... stay tuned! :sweet:

Always fun to see another tackle a much beloved locomotive and try and translate it into bricks...a tough one! 
Very nice looking 7-wide version with some unique solutions (!)
I especially like the three-axle bogies (dremel or not) but the nose seems a bit too steep and the portholes a bit off even though they seem ok size-wise (maybe the surroundings?).
And with the dremel already in use, lights in the upper nose shouldn't be a problem :wink:
But well done overall :thumbup:

Edited by dtomsen

Cool train, looks good.
I think it's even looks better than the original one.
I think you inspired me for a creation, to an idea I had years ago

Just now, dtomsen said:

The portholes seems a bit off
But well done overall :thumbup:

I totally agree, the portholes are stickers but the black sometime looks brighter than lego black

Thank for the compliments! :classic:

Just now, neonic said:

Cool train, looks good.
I think it's even looks better than the original one.
I think you inspired me for a creation, to an idea I had years ago

Thanks neonic, I'm glad to inspire you! :wink:

How are those three-axle bogies handling the curves? How tight curves they can handle? I want to build a 4-axle bogie, so I'm wondering will it work? Will a rigid 4-axle bogie, with double spacing between the axles than yours, be able to go through turns at all?

This trolley negotiate the standard lego curves easily :classic:
As you can see in the picture the middle axle is the old one from the 9v era and can slide some mm. I think that a rigid frame more long than mine would compromise the performance of the bogie (expecially with 4 axles).

Very nice.  Clever motor mount.  :classic:

Will you have a group photo of all your engines together?

Really nice train, Lego Train 12v!  I don't know why, but I've always like these Danish double-ended locomotives ever since I first saw one in this old book I got for Christmas in the mid-1980's called "Railways of the World"... I guess it's just a really sleek, unique look that you've managed to capture well.

I also rather like your solution for making a PF-capable 3-axle bogey, even if you did have to cut some perfectly good parts to get it to work.

Emanuele,

Denmark. The most beautiful country in the world. It is all green. Wonderful people - relaxed, forthcoming … and so much more. Since 45 years, I am "visiting" …

And then this. What a beauty. What wonderful usage of pieces. The color scheme. Yes. That is an engine from Denmark.

It is not only the ingenious way you build, your way beyond skills, and your dedication with regard to LEGO bricks: Personally, I really like your approach in times like this: Regardless of region where you live (you have chosen "Europe", but I know that you can easily cover the US as well - and I bet all regions of the world), there is something - or million things - of recognition and appreciation.

Thank you very, very much for all this - and surely for this Beauty.

All the very best,
Thorsten

On 9/16/2018 at 8:47 PM, Laura Takayama said:

I don't know why, but I've always like these Danish double-ended locomotives ever since I first saw one in this old book I got for Christmas in the mid-1980's called "Railways of the World"

I totall agree: the shape and the livery of this Danish double-ended locomotive is so special that I kept this beauty for the end of the tour! :wink:

22 hours ago, Toastie said:

Regardless of region where you live (you have chosen "Europe", but I know that you can easily cover the US as well - and I bet all regions of the world), there is something - or million things - of recognition and appreciation.

Thank you very, very much for all this - and surely for this Beauty.

Thank you so much Thorsten ...it's an honour receive such enthusiastic compliments especially if they come from a great friend as you are! You make me blush! :blush:

14 hours ago, harnbak said:

Very good. The nose is perfect! 

10 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

Ooh, nice one again. 

Thank you @harnbak and @Man with a hat

Good design work. The use of the engine internally is something mind blowing. Can't wait to see where you branch out to next.

On 9/15/2018 at 4:19 AM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

The hardest part was making the three-axle trolleys, but searching on the net I've never found anything I liked.

I know that the bogie I made will disappoint the purists but in its simplicity this is what everyone would want! :grin:

To power the locomotive, I have perhaps invented a Columbs' egg: using a normal train motor, vertically oriented, inside the body of the locomotive.

After that my trains collection will be DEFINITIVELY completed :cry_happy: ... stay tuned! :sweet:

Absolutely brilliant! As is your normal form, your MOC is an excellent take on the prototype. It is too bad that this part does not come in black, or it would have been an easy way to get the horizontal ribbing,

10474.png

The idea of turning the train motor sideways is also absolutely brilliant (but in a different way, grin).

So is the middle axle on the truck floating or how does it navigate curves and switches?

NOOOO! Don't say that you'll stop building trains

On 9/18/2018 at 7:09 AM, Feuer Zug said:

The use of the engine internally is something mind blowing. Can't wait to see where you branch out to next.

Thanks Feuer Zug ...next months your curiosity will be satisfied! :laugh:

On 9/20/2018 at 7:19 AM, zephyr1934 said:

So is the middle axle on the truck floating or how does it navigate curves and switches?

NOOOO! Don't say that you'll stop building trains

Yes the middle axle have a little gap for floating and the locomotive runs on standard lego curves very well. :classic:

About the trains collection I know what you mean but I really have no more room to stock new MOCs ...but if you prefer I can say that unless I find a strong source of inspiration I have no plans for new locomotives! :grin:

With no room, a suggestion could be to start building virtual models using some of the nice building programs out there ?

We want to see more ?