one79

What to get on Lego Store overseas

Hi there,

I just want to know whether there are special Lego bricks/minifigs/accessories/sets that are specific to countries or the stores themselves. In case I am going to travel overseas or asking travelling friends/relatives to get me something from there. I know that Legoland have some special products that can only be bought there. But how about the Lego Stores?

In my country, we only have Lego Certified Stores and there is no specialty at all. Only standard sets/minifigs/accessories that are also sold around the world. I just dont want my relatives/friends buy a set that I can get it locally. So I better prepare some pointers to them on what to get.

Hopefully someone can help me in answering this and enlighten me. Thank you!

Best thing ones could get overseas is different special events' stuff if you combain a trip and visiting brick events

1 hour ago, advice said:

Best thing ones could get overseas is different special events' stuff if you combain a trip and visiting brick events

Thank you for your reply, umm....advice. Is that your nick? lol.

Well that is a good idea to visit event bricks. But unfortunately I am asking people that are not AFOL to go to Lego shop for me. So I am not sure whether they are willing to visit any brick events.

I just found out that there is no Lego Store in Australia, only franchised (certified) from fellow AFOL. Does anybody know whether there are any Lego Passport in the United States?

25 minutes ago, one79 said:

advice. Is that your nick?

that is) I can give ones lego advice)) and sometimes need some advice too

26 minutes ago, one79 said:

I am asking people that are not AFOL to go to Lego shop for me

I believe it's hard to get something special overseas as every brand retail stores offers similar sets. Sometimes it's possible to find old items in others toy shops but that's not regular for lego so... Although I saw some interesting and rare promo sets in small stores in Rome where there ain't official lego store

30 minutes ago, one79 said:

there is no Lego Store in Australia

we know both for sure who might helps in Australia. Yes, he is AFOL but very famous. Do I guess?

32 minutes ago, one79 said:

Does anybody know whether there are any Lego Passport in the United States?

The US stores is common and they offer different stuff. If you mean something like 5004932 set, just get it on amazon or ebay

1 hour ago, advice said:

that is) I can give ones lego advice)) and sometimes need some advice too

I believe it's hard to get something special overseas as every brand retail stores offers similar sets. Sometimes it's possible to find old items in others toy shops but that's not regular for lego so... Although I saw some interesting and rare promo sets in small stores in Rome where there ain't official lego store

we know both for sure who might helps in Australia. Yes, he is AFOL but very famous. Do I guess?

The US stores is common and they offer different stuff. If you mean something like 5004932 set, just get it on amazon or ebay

No, not the set 5004932. I owned that. What I mean is Lego Passport that you can have it stamped in Lego Stores. I do not know whether it is only exclusive in Europe and not available in US. Please look it here: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/search.page?q=lego passport#T=A and scroll to the bottom on "Other" section

The lego passport comes with 1st Anniversary Shanghai Disneytown minifigure set. But it's rather rare just 333 of each was produced. 999 passports at total

On 9/18/2018 at 12:46 PM, advice said:

The lego passport comes with 1st Anniversary Shanghai Disneytown minifigure set. But it's rather rare just 333 of each was produced. 999 passports at total

Is it? I thought we can get it anywhere in Lego Stores

Some of which I am aware of that's exclusive to the LEGO Brand Stores: 

London - Leicester Square (Lester polybag and Lester keychain)

New York - Rockefeller Centre and Flatiron Building (NYC minifigures and keychains)

Hello! 

I got a LEGO Passport in the Leicester Square LEGO Store, so far that has been the only place I saw it (LEGO Store Cardiff, my nearest shop, did not have them on my most recent visit).

As Whitefang said, there is an exclusive Lester minifig (£6 on my last visit) and a keychain. There is also a figure exclusive to Hamleys, a toyshop in the UK. A special Royal Guard figure.

On 9/20/2018 at 7:33 PM, WhiteFang said:

Some of which I am aware of that's exclusive to the LEGO Brand Stores: 

London - Leicester Square (Lester polybag and Lester keychain)

New York - Rockefeller Centre and Flatiron Building (NYC minifigures and keychains)

On 9/21/2018 at 3:24 PM, Peppermint_M said:

Hello! 

I got a LEGO Passport in the Leicester Square LEGO Store, so far that has been the only place I saw it (LEGO Store Cardiff, my nearest shop, did not have them on my most recent visit).

As Whitefang said, there is an exclusive Lester minifig (£6 on my last visit) and a keychain. There is also a figure exclusive to Hamleys, a toyshop in the UK. A special Royal Guard figure.

Thnaks for the info, guys. So it seems certain city has special sets related to the location of the store. Oh, I thought all Lego Stores (Not Certified) will have Lego passport and the stamps. So it does not seems so. Well, doesn't that defeat the purpose of getting the passport filled with stamps from Lego Stores all over the world?

I already have the Lester minifigs through bricklink though. It is quite costly in term of shipping cost. That is why I am getting friends or relatives overseas to visit their nearby Lego Stores. Currently, I have my nephew in San Jose, California. I am wondering whether there is Legoland nearby or Lego stores that sell any special items there. Any advice of what to get? Oh, I asked him to visit target to get the Target exclusive but he could not find it. :(