Sign in to follow this  
Lasse D

Svend Erik Saksun (Colonel) has passed away

Svend Erik Saksun (known under the handle "Colonel" here on EB) has passed away last Friday. Svend Erik was known and will be missed by many in the AFOL community.
He was one of the persons who helped start up LEGO World Copenhagen. He was also an ambassador for the Danish lug Byggepladen, has the World record for the largest LEGO mosaic stamp (and if you look closely on the build itself, you can see that all the LEGO-logos face the same way), has attended countless events (including some this year!), and I could go on and on. It was Jan Beyer who broke the news, and I am taking the liberty to copy his post from another forum as he says it better than I can. I hope it is okay:

It is with the deepest regrets that I need to share the sad news that Sven Erik Saksun passed away last Friday loosing his long fight against cancer.

Svend Erik has been a long term Ambassador, an very active and known member of the worldwide AFOL community, a great supporter for the LEGO Group and last but not least a dear friend.

His death is a tremendous loss and our thoughts are with his family in these hard times.

The funeral will be conducted this Friday - 14th of September 2018 - in Kundby Kirke (Kundby Church), Denmark at 11.00 am.

Farewell my friend!

Jan Beyer