Sign in to follow this  
pagicence

[MOC] Iveco Stralis Hi-Way (42078 alternative)

Great MOC, and thanks for sharing.

I must confess, I find the 50mm tires frustrating for the comment you share:

35 minutes ago, pagicence said:

"I know a lot of people are crazy about double wheels. But if this can only be achieved by reduced stability I would always prefer stability instead. The axles of the back wheels are only hold in place by the small gears inside the differential which is not very secure."

For a 15 wide truck, I have started removing the differential and running the drive from only one side of the wheels. It's not optimal, but the wheels don't fall off. I use a 5.5 with stop axle on one side, and a 8 with stop axle with a bevel gear on the other. I have used this here, and here

These trucks need TLG to develop a 5.5 axle with stop that is 7 or 7.5 long. Here's to hoping. 

I walk pass a Stralis each morning when on my way to work. It is one ugly truck in my opinion. The exterior and emblems just looks a bit tacky somehow. Your model on the other hand looks really good. I'll take your LEGO version over the real one any day of the week. :)

Nice work!

21 hours ago, pagicence said:

A little while ago I've built this MOC (for which I got inspiration from ETS2, where is my favorite truck) in LDD only and it has sat on Rebricable ever since. A month ago, thanks to our fellow builder @Nequmodiva it came to life.

I didn't know you built it in LDD only. I thought you very just too lazy to makes photos :laugh:. Why didn't you build it? Do you not own 42078? Then why did you design an alternate for it?

24 minutes ago, Nequmodiva said:

Do you not own 42078?

I do not own 42078.

25 minutes ago, Nequmodiva said:

Then why did you design an alternate for it?

Why not. I got the idea and went with it. At the time 42078 was very popular and everybody were doing some kinds of mods and mocs for it, so I figured I give it a go. I wanted to build a small scale truck and this came just at the right time.

On 9/15/2018 at 1:19 PM, pagicence said:

At the time 42078 was very popular

Was? It is still quite popular ;)
Nice model, but I'd go for a low loader trailer.

May I kindly ask why those models vanished from rebrickable. It seems there were some parts that may be hard to dismantle, which could be seen as an illegal construction but it's a shame since it was also the only European truck built from 42078. Shame on me for not downloading those before they were removed.

49 minutes ago, fosamax said:

May I kindly ask why those models vanished from rebrickable. It seems there were some parts that may be hard to dismantle, which could be seen as an illegal construction but it's a shame since it was also the only European truck built from 42078. Shame on me for not downloading those before they were removed.

I think that I have LDD file for it somewhere and it was really oddly deisgned at some parts, indluding assemblies that could be really problematic to assemble and take apart.

After searching a bit more, it seems that pagicence edited every topic showing his MOCs on may 10.

His rebrickable account has gone also, as well as his flickr account. Does anyone know what happened, since there's no clue here ?

Here is a photo I took when I built the model:

800x533.jpg

I can't access the comments I wrote back then any more and the page is also not in the internet archive. So I wrote them down from memory again, along with the rest of my photos and the LDD files: https://bricksafe.com/pages/nequmodiva/secs/42078-iveco-stralis.

I thought about making step by step instructions for the model back then, but because of the flaws it has, I rather did instructions for my forklift alternate and the SUV and trailer by Keep-on-bricking (the instructions are in the video).

Edited by Nequmodiva

16 hours ago, fosamax said:

Does anyone know what happened, since there's no clue here ?

Some people can't take a bit of criticism. He was making MOCs with using LOTS of parts in never released colours, he was also making Technic models that did not work properly and/or had odd/illegal connections, like this:

800x533.jpg

And people started complain about those issues.
So I think that was the reason.

Edited by M_longer

You're probably right. A bit sad cause there were some interesting build among those hosted on rebrickable.