MaximB

Campaign

I have already created a theme with this castle at the beginning of the year. Now it is overgrown with landscape and story.
This stand has already been sent to the exhibition, which will be held in several cities.

"In the last couple of weeks attacks on eastern villages have increased. The first Kwynn and Troughbren were ravaged, then Ehlerdah.

In all cases, the survivors spoke of knights with the flag of the dragon.

More than 10 years have passed since the last conflict with the Empire, during which their leader Emperor Rimusk and most of the vassals were defeated.

The new Emperor Marius maintained a good relationship and seemed to be turned up for peace. But not all lords agree with him...

Whatever it was, the scouts confirmed - the attack involved the warriors of the Empire.

After gathering the army, King Edric and Lord Gerard go to the borders of the kingdom to establish order."

42806822200_bdec940710_b.jpgCam
paign by Maxim Baybakov, on Flickr

More photos in the spoiler

Spoiler

30746677508_de6a6cc215_b.jpgCampaign by Maxim Baybakov, on Flickr

43898071214_fe41218f29_b.jpgCampaign by Maxim Baybakov, on Flickr

42806857930_9c4c61a983_b.jpgCampaign by Maxim Baybakov, on Flickr

44617626961_ec436969fc_b.jpgCampaign by Maxim Baybakov, on Flickr

30746735898_b1b1206429_b.jpgCampaign by Maxim Baybakov, on Flickr

30746642598_11abbced14_b.jpgCampaign by Maxim Baybakov, on Flickr

44567153902_41b6a5b138_b.jpgCampaign by Maxim Baybakov, on Flickr

44617499751_a25303571c_b.jpgCampaign by Maxim Baybakov, on Flickr

30746578318_7de22bc5d9_b.jpgCampaign by Maxim Baybakov, on Flickr

43707804715_5a07b994e9_b.jpgCampaign by Maxim Baybakov, on Flickr

42806741600_a93e845204_b.jpgCampaign by Maxim Baybakov, on Flickr

44617422871_45edfcdaa4_b.jpgCampaign by Maxim Baybakov, on Flickr

Edited by MaximB

This is wonderful great job.  I love the landscaping, the use of different shades of green is awesome.  It really gives the landscape depth.  The castle is nice simple but well executed.  I really like the little flecks of tan and the use of the masonry bricks make it pop.  That army is impressive too.  

Beautiful landscape and castle. Your army is impressive although I'm not sur they would all fit inside the keep :wink:

Woah! *oh2*

Great work!

The castle has nice shapes and the landscape is really bright and nice.

Good to see the 2013 Castle figures in a build.

On 9/12/2018 at 10:12 PM, The Last of Nergoue said:

Nice moc i really enjoy the usage of dk green on the roofs.

On 9/13/2018 at 5:18 AM, zoth33 said:

This is wonderful great job.  I love the landscaping, the use of different shades of green is awesome.  It really gives the landscape depth.  The castle is nice simple but well executed.  I really like the little flecks of tan and the use of the masonry bricks make it pop.  That army is impressive too.  

On 9/13/2018 at 9:27 AM, Phyre said:

I love it!  Outstanding build, very cool army too!!

On 9/13/2018 at 5:53 PM, Wolfhammer said:

love it,

On 9/13/2018 at 8:53 PM, jakbar said:

Beautiful landscape and castle. Your army is impressive although I'm not sur they would all fit inside the keep :wink:

3 hours ago, sander1992 said:

Woah! *oh2*

Great work!

The castle has nice shapes and the landscape is really bright and nice.

Good to see the 2013 Castle figures in a build.

Many thanks for comments! I'm glad that you liked it!

I am impressed. I really like the landscaping with the different greens. It surprisingly does add a lot of depth to it without adding in a lot of variation in height. Incredible.

I like the trees, even though they are smaller, they do represent a nice little forest area that really plays off well with the surrounding area. The winding road is neat also, even though it is just brown baseplate (it still works really well as simple as that is). It just shows how effective the rest of the surroundings are to overlook that.

I did have a question in regards to the torso you are using for the cart driver. I looked on bricklink and couldn't find it, so I should just ask the source.

I don't love the Crown knights, but they are effective here and the blues play off the surroundings quite well. I was more of a Kingdoms fan, even though red is overused a lot.

I am currently remodeling my Forestman River Fortress and adding a lot of surrounding area too, so I may have to look into the texturing you did with your groundwork. Mine was only going to be 3x3 baseplates, so smaller than your area.

Keep up the good work

This looks great, especially the landscaping. The variation of greens is just amazing, allowing the natural part of the build to quite frankly overshadow the castle. I also really like that you did not overdo it on the trees, but instead kept the trunks small and the foliage scaled appropriately. I dislike it when trunks get enormous and out of proportion to the foliage, but you did a great job here. 

@TheLegoDr, the carter's torso is I believe Anakin's from the earliest wave of SW sets, just with different arms. At least I am pretty sure, since I have that fig in my collection somewhere. 

On 9/18/2018 at 8:07 PM, TheLegoDr said:

I am impressed. I really like the landscaping with the different greens. It surprisingly does add a lot of depth to it without adding in a lot of variation in height. Incredible.

I like the trees, even though they are smaller, they do represent a nice little forest area that really plays off well with the surrounding area. The winding road is neat also, even though it is just brown baseplate (it still works really well as simple as that is). It just shows how effective the rest of the surroundings are to overlook that.

I did have a question in regards to the torso you are using for the cart driver. I looked on bricklink and couldn't find it, so I should just ask the source.

I don't love the Crown knights, but they are effective here and the blues play off the surroundings quite well. I was more of a Kingdoms fan, even though red is overused a lot.

I am currently remodeling my Forestman River Fortress and adding a lot of surrounding area too, so I may have to look into the texturing you did with your groundwork. Mine was only going to be 3x3 baseplates, so smaller than your area.

Keep up the good work

Many thanks! 
As already answered by Henjin_Quilones, this torso is 973px82ac01 with other hands (made several combinations with two torsos and two hands).
Good luck in expanding your moc!

On 9/21/2018 at 10:12 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

This looks great, especially the landscaping. The variation of greens is just amazing, allowing the natural part of the build to quite frankly overshadow the castle. I also really like that you did not overdo it on the trees, but instead kept the trunks small and the foliage scaled appropriately. I dislike it when trunks get enormous and out of proportion to the foliage, but you did a great job here. 

@TheLegoDr, the carter's torso is I believe Anakin's from the earliest wave of SW sets, just with different arms. At least I am pretty sure, since I have that fig in my collection somewhere. 

Thank you! 
The result was a young forest)).

That's one heck of a castle! I don't even mind that the men can't fit in, it's really elegant and that counts! The left tower is interesting design feature, it may be a bit impractical for everyday living, but it's lovely, and must a be a major pita to attack!
Nice landscaping and I second the comment on thin trees, that's pretty!
And what a daunting army, too! I guess those Dragons are in a trouble... :-)

Edited by Aine

Suberb build! The proportions of the castle are perfect. The other areas use just the right amount of foliage so that it neither looks empty nor cramped.

On 10/5/2018 at 12:08 AM, Aine said:

That's one heck of a castle! I don't even mind that the men can't fit in, it's really elegant and that counts! The left tower is interesting design feature, it may be a bit impractical for everyday living, but it's lovely, and must a be a major pita to attack!
Nice landscaping and I second the comment on thin trees, that's pretty!
And what a daunting army, too! I guess those Dragons are in a trouble... :-)

Thank you!
In big trouble! 400+ soldiers went to the borders of the kingdom.
I think that some members of the forum have a lot more soldiers. Nevertheless, it's a lot for our land.

On 10/5/2018 at 1:41 PM, peedeejay said:

Suberb build! The proportions of the castle are perfect. The other areas use just the right amount of foliage so that it neither looks empty nor cramped.

On 10/9/2018 at 11:02 PM, Mike S said:

Nice color usage and epic army! :thumbup:

Many thanks!

Beautiful! I like it very much! Congrats! :classic: Nice color variations! I like those white- blue flags hanging from the wall!

Wow, this is incredible! There are so many things I love, it would take too long to write each of them! Needless to say that the color scheme of the whole MOC is beautiful, I love the landscaping and the castle. Keep up the amazing work! :classic: :thumbup:

This is a lovely scene, full of eye catching value, clean and very impressive on the size.
Thanks a lot for sharing.

On 10/14/2018 at 9:48 AM, Servertijd said:

Beautiful and big, great landscaping!

On 11/3/2018 at 2:17 PM, MaasEffekt said:

Beautiful! I like it very much! Congrats! :classic: Nice color variations! I like those white- blue flags hanging from the wall!

On 11/3/2018 at 2:33 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Wow, this is incredible! There are so many things I love, it would take too long to write each of them! Needless to say that the color scheme of the whole MOC is beautiful, I love the landscaping and the castle. Keep up the amazing work! :classic: :thumbup:

On 11/4/2018 at 11:20 PM, Niku said:

This is a lovely scene, full of eye catching value, clean and very impressive on the size.
Thanks a lot for sharing.

Many thanks!