Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

Oval Crownie, Round Skellie, and Custom Elven Shields

As requested here, the round Skellie shield. I know you didn't request the other one, but I thought it would be nice to have, so I did both. I'll try creating an Elven one later tonight, maybe. The Elven one is further down the thread.

crownieheroshield.pngskellieround.png

As I said in the other thread, they aren't really suitable for printing, in my opinion, because of the lack of metalic colour, but for your map, it shouldn't be a problem. I do think they could be adapted to other uses, such as a large banner or tapestry wall decoration in a castle. I may play with that idea.A 2x2 Crownie flag is also further down the thread.

Very Cool! i can't wait to see the elf one if you do end up making it. I wonder what color scheme they will have???

Nice, looking forward to the elven one too!

Could always be used to make some kind of flag or sail, maybe?

--Faramir

P.S. Make sure you update the Billboard o' Doom about the Pirates contest!

Very Cool! i can't wait to see the elf one if you do end up making it. I wonder what color scheme they will have???

I couldn't decide...

elvesround1.pngelvesround2.png

elvesround3.pngelvesround4.png

elvesround5.png

Could always be used to make some kind of flag or sail, maybe?

That's pretty much what I had in mind for future expansion of the theme. So far, I've made a small Crownie flag and a small Skellie flag for applying to any 2x2 flag, or theoretically a 2x2 tile if you needed a logo somewhere, maybe a seat cushion or very small wall crest. These are meant to be printed to a size of 1.551cm x 1.551cm (which is roughly 835dpi at this resolution).

I intend to do a 6x4 flag as well, if I have time. Still working on a vertical banner (I just need to figure out what it should be attached to and the exact measurements of that piece).

crownie2x2flag.png

skellie2x2flag_black.pngskellie2x2flag_white.png

Did the Skellie flag with a black background and with a white one. For some reason, the white looks better to me.

P.S. Make sure you update the Billboard o' Doom about the Pirates contest!

Thanks for the reminder! Hey, wait a minute ... the big banner isn't enough? ;-)

Those are really cool, ImperialShadows! Nice job. The big flags are really nice, particularly those two Skelly ones. How did you decide on the Elven crest? Has that been shown somewhere? Or did you make it up?

Nice job, very well done! *sweet* *y*

Those are really cool, ImperialShadows! Nice job. The big flags are really nice, particularly those two Skelly ones. How did you decide on the Elven crest? Has that been shown somewhere? Or did you make it up?

Nice job, very well done! *sweet* *y*

Thanks!

The Elven design is from KhoRne's original post requesting the decal. It's taken from the latest LEGO Magazine, I just tried to get it as close as possible. I wasn't sure what they were going for with the scratch-like mark on the right, and it seems silly to supply an entire Elven army with identically scratched shields, so I left it out and wrote it off to creative license. ;-)

elf.jpg

Thanks!

The Elven design is from KhoRne's original post requesting the decal. It's taken from the latest LEGO Magazine, I just tried to get it as close as possible. I wasn't sure what they were going for with the scratch-like mark on the right, and it seems silly to supply an entire Elven army with identically scratched shields, so I left it out and wrote it off to creative license. ;-)

elf.jpg

kill count? Oh and the Elven sheilds will probably be blue and gold like the dwarf/crownie ones were

kill count? Oh and the Elven sheilds will probably be blue and gold like the dwarf/crownie ones were

I don't think so ( At least hope so) I hope they go with the Dark Green/Dark Brown *y*