I like building everything with claas tires. First of all I think - how would it look with them?:classic:

The consequences models being really big.

using a weight scale and weighing out new Lego elements pieces has been an obsession where I even think that the hand pick elements from Lego are special treated and they always weight out near perfect like with in 0.001 of a gram and they also have magical properties since your over paying on the high price of hand pick elements .. I see sparkles around me  !!?? 

I add signature technic beams, bricks and tiles to my MOCs.   It makes it easier to identify and pack up my stuff after an event. 

27287101828_cacff2f75e_n.jpg

IMO, its the color of pins and axles that show in a set I plan on displaying.  Maybe I'm just an old-school Technic guy but seeing all the blue pins and axle vomit in newer models drives me nuts!  I know these are kids toys and it is for ease of assembly but were kids smarter back then compared to now?  To me, they are an eye sore for an otherwise pleasing model sitting on the shelf.  (It got so bad that I had to buy a lot of black pins (have been using them in MOCs lately) and replaced every blue pin (2L and 3L) on the Mack Anthem and it is preventing me from buying the Porsche and Chiron due to the sheer number of pins and axles I would have to replace!

11 hours ago, leinaud said:

IMO, its the color of pins and axles that show in a set I plan on displaying.  Maybe I'm just an old-school Technic guy but seeing all the blue pins and axle vomit in newer models drives me nuts!  I know these are kids toys and it is for ease of assembly but were kids smarter back then compared to now?  To me, they are an eye sore for an otherwise pleasing model sitting on the shelf.  (It got so bad that I had to buy a lot of black pins (have been using them in MOCs lately) and replaced every blue pin (2L and 3L) on the Mack Anthem and it is preventing me from buying the Porsche and Chiron due to the sheer number of pins and axles I would have to replace!

I totally agree. Considering I like most things done in a set way, I don't have that many OCD things with LEGO such as mold marks, perfect symmetry ect. However I do have a couple, mainly due to autism.
All 2L or 3L friction pins must be black and not blue,
All full bushes must be oriented to minimize friction as much as possible,
2,4,6,8,10 and 12L axles must be in black. 3,5,7, 9L axles must be in light bluish gray. 5.5L with stop must be in dark bluish gray and 3L with stud stop must be in dark tan,
All frictions axle pins must be in blue, all non-friction axle pins must be in tan,
All vehicles must have the steering wheel on the correct side (right hand drive),
With the exception of batteries, stickers, elastic bands and string, all components must be made by TLG. This of course rules out the use of the SBrick, the Power Functions system is miles better anyways.

I do tend to buy LEGO new instread of used but since TLG have started making only blue 3L friction pins and red 2L alxes, I have to buy these in the proper colours second hand :sad:.

A little off topic, "I know these are kids toys and it is for ease of assembly but were kids smarter back then compared to now?" I often wonder that and can only conclude that the answer to that is yes, and not just with LEGO, kids these days are, for the most part and being polite, dumb.

Edited by MxWinters

2 hours ago, MxWinters said:

I do tend to buy LEGO new instread of used but since TLG have started making only blue 3L friction pins and red 2L alxes, I have to buy these in the proper colours second hand :sad:.

If you must have new Black 2L axles they are readily available on both Lego, Pick-a-Brick, 6p each or Bricks and Pieces 8p each, seems strange that they have to seperate prices 

Edited by LucyCol
spelling

1 hour ago, LucyCol said:

If you must have new Black 2L axles they are readily available on both Lego, Pick-a-Brick, 6p each or Bricks and Pieces 8p each, seems strange that they have to seperate prices 

Oh, I didn't realise you could buy Technic parts from the Pick-a-Brick site, I always assumed that was for normal Lego bricks, tiles ect, although I did get all my PF parts from there. I stand corrected and thank you for telling me about this.
I have to place an order for a 8869 PF switch for an auto-compressor anyway, so Ill start adding some of these to my bag. Thanks again :classic: