Sign in to follow this  
Stealth Hunter

Mocpages user steals creations!

The Mocpages user Ste Jenkins steals MOCS(see here)!!

He already stole creations from Tim Ltd,Scorpier the Great,Evan Melick,Aleksander S.E. and RalphS. X-O

Please write what you think about persons like this.

Stupid little kids |-/ He says he got permission to post this stuff, I doubt it. It's kinda pathetic when you have to post other peoples creations because you have none *n*

:-/

Luckily I'm not a good enough builder to be stolen from. :-P

Is that really a good thing? 8-|

:-P

Edit: CaseWindu, I did. It probaly hasn't shown up yet though.

Edited by ExoBuilder

I would be so annoyed if he copied my creations, but their not good enough X-D but still he should get some of his own lego *n*

Anybody here wrote any reviews on the kid's models?

I would be so annoyed if he copied my creations, but their not good enough X-D but still he should get some of his own lego *n*

Anybody here wrote any reviews on the kid's models?

By that you mean not the kid's models? His stolen models? Yes, I wrote several. *skull*

I wanted to write something like this:

DIE, LOSER! DIE!

But the reality of the fact that Dilbert is just a comic strip and Carol is just an overworked woman in a cubicle came down upon me at the last second. X-D

That is just plain pathetic..

Ah well, perhaps it's a compliment to the rightful builders to have their creations stolen?

They must be very good for that..

Does show a lack of respect though..

I will check with RalphS as I know him...

Dr. S.

Thank Dr. S.

He hasn't got permission (surprise surprise). It wouldn't make sense. In fact, I know pretty much all of the builders whose creations he has copied and as far as I know none of them have given permission. This is just some little idiot craving for attention. It's actually the third time in a week that this has happened. I'm too bloody popular ;) I'll notify Sean Kenney, again.

Cheers,

Ralph

That is just plain pathetic..

True, but the comments from the ones who want to "teach him" are not much better.

I think there are better ways to contact the guy than writing such "reviews".

Just a thought.

I agree with Lasse D.

You should have contacted him instead of flaming him on a public site like EB.

To be honest I think this thread should be closed and deleted. Not much of an EB spirit in it.

And as for stealing others designs...well...it's wrong..but it's being done. What's next?

"Hey! Let's flame this guy, he's doing designs I've thought of doing for centuries."

I say: Let him steal all he likes. Does it really matter?

KimT

I agree with Lasse D.

You should have contacted him instead of flaming him on a public site like EB.

To be honest I think this thread should be closed and deleted. Not much of an EB spirit in it.

And as for stealing others designs...well...it's wrong..but it's being done. What's next?

"Hey! Let's flame this guy, he's doing designs I've thought of doing for centuries."

I say: Let him steal all he likes. Does it really matter?

KimT

Yes it matters. This is theft. Frankly, I don't think that stealing is really in the EB spirit either. This is the third time this has happened to one of my MOCs in the same week. Sure, this guy doesn't actually claim it's his. Instead he tells people that he's bought it in Legoland. Right.

I don't need people's credit and admiration, but I am not going to accept it if somebody pretends that something I built and that I spend time on is his own. Mind you, I don't mind it at all if somebody looks at one of my MOcs and tries to build something similar. That's actually somewhat flattering, but that's not what's going on here. These guys actually just copy the picture. Earlier this week, somebody else copied my CH-46E and left a review on my page accusing me of stealing his model.

As for contacting any of these twerps:

First of all, you can't contact people via MOCpages other than via a review, unless they happen to have left you a review with a valid e-mail address. The e-mail address in the review of my CH-46 was bogus, BTW. Second of all, don't tell me that people like this don't know that what they're doing is wrong. I feel very little desire to have an e-mail conversation with a bratty teenager telling him that what he's doing is wrong, knowing full well that he already knows it is.

What's next is that I may decide not to share my creations on MOCpages anymore.

Cheers,

Ralph

Edited by Ralph_S

I left a review on a jeep thing just so people would know that it was not his. He promptly deleted the review which only proves that I was correct. Losers. :-|

Leave the kid alone. You don't know his circumstances. Not everyone has the means for larg lego collections.

It's the Internet. If you don't want stuff copied or stolen then don't put it up. I steal ideas off MocPages and Brickshelf all the time. I see something I really like so I build it and put it in my towns.

Building something you like is different to taking credit for something you didn't create.

Did you know I directed Jurassic Park?

I starred in Casablanca as well

He's not the first on MOCpages I've seen doing this either, there was a couple of other users doing it too, with names like "the man" or "the killer" or something

These are all people from 'Outside the Brick' forums. He probably found the forums and has just been taking photos from posts.

While browsing MOCpages today I found this:another thief! X-O

What has the world come to? :-(

'The man of death' is the same guy who stole my CH-46 two times already and has had his account deleted twice already. Now he's back.

'Ste Jenkins' does specifically target members of 'outside the brick' forums.

@landlubber.

You write: "It's the Internet. If you don't want stuff copied or stolen then don't put it up."

Let's take that to the extreme, shall we? Byebye brickshelf, MOCPages and Eurobricks. How would you like that?

Copying an idea is fine. We all look at other people's work and pick up ideas. However, copying a picture and claiming it as your own is theft. Plain and simple. A community can only work if people follow certain rules. I don't know their circumstances and I don't care. They know that what they're doing is wrong and they're doing it regardless. In fact, both of them are obviously doing it to annoy people. I have very little understanding for that sort of behavior. Their problems shouldn't be mine.

Cheers,

Ralph

Edited by Ralph_S

MOC = My Own Creation.

That´s where the problem lies Landlubber.

It´s not his own creation, to be inspired or use the same style/technic in your own town isn´t the issue.

Apple & pears Off

copmike

'The man of death' is the same guy who stole my CH-46 two times already and has had his account deleted twice already. Now he's back.

'Ste Jenkins' does specifically target members of 'outside the brick' forums.

You're a member here!? I didn't know that... :-$ I love your stuff! *wub*

You're a member here!? I didn't know that... :-$ I love your stuff! *wub*

Thanks. I have been a member for three years actually, but I've been lurking. Yesterday the Eurobricks hot rod contest drew me out. Coincidentally yesterday as well, my friend Dr. S. contacted me telling me that there was a thread here on somebody copying my pictures (among others'), so I decided to pitch in here as well.

Cheers,

Ralph

Thanks. I have been a member for three years actually, but I've been lurking.

:-D So I noticed.... now! Feel free to post any of your stuff on EB in the future. I think most people here are aware of your work... or at least I hope so! I'm hoping to make an entry in the hot rod contest myself...

I hope to see you around more in the future. *sweet*

Thanks. I have been a member for three years actually, but I've been lurking. Yesterday the Eurobricks hot rod contest drew me out. Coincidentally yesterday as well, my friend Dr. S. contacted me telling me that there was a thread here on somebody copying my pictures (among others'), so I decided to pitch in here as well.

Cheers,

Ralph

Can't You report this guy to the staff at mocpages?

It's not that I don't agree that stealing MOCs is wrong. It's just that I'm not so sure about flaming them in a thread on EB is the right thing to do. Have the thief banned on MOCpages and if he shows up another place, then have him banned there as well.

BAN THIEVES ON!

KimT

Can't You report this guy to the staff at mocpages?

It's not that I don't agree that stealing MOCs is wrong. It's just that I'm not so sure about flaming them in a thread on EB is the right thing to do. Have the thief banned on MOCpages and if he shows up another place, then have him banned there as well.

BAN THIEVES ON!

KimT

I'm don't think I am flaming anybody. I don't even know these people. Of course I can report them. I've reported 'the man of death' twice already, his account has been deleted twice (that I know of) and yet he's back again. I did get a little riled when somebody here suggested that what they're doing really isn't so bad or that if I don't want this to happen, I shouldn't share my creations.

Cheers,

Ralph

Edit: I'll drop this topic. I've reported both of these guys to Sean Kenney and their accounts will likely be deleted. That probably doesn't stop them from doing it again, but I think my point was clear.

Edited by Ralph_S