Sign in to follow this  
narbilu

The Flying Pony [Varlyrio, HSS]

43677772405_76362a7988.jpg

Although the streets of Kashgar are poorly accessible for carriages and horsemen, at the far end of Kashgar near the docks is a small stable. The Avalonian owner, Quill, of the Flying Pony rents out and sells horses and other ridable animals for short journeys and light packings.

Quill owns a small breeding range just outside the borders of Kashgar, where he get his constant supply of mini horses.

HSS: REQ Agriculture, Lifestock Ranch

Spoiler

43677770595_54e14b3385_n.jpg 43677770865_ecc8dc8689_n.jpg

Spoiler

Khaor Manor & the Flying Pony

43677771705_a2ab17dd33.jpg

Nice little build once again! Kashgar is going to have half the buildings in Varlyrio if you keep building at this pace! :laugh:

Really liking how the upper floor overhangs the lower, and the use of the minifig shield to denote that it's a stables. The final shot in the hidden section, showing it adjoining another building, is really cool and shows how all these individual buildings blend together very well.

The only strange thing is the 1x1 gold cone on the roof, is it supposed to functional or purely ornamentation?

Mini horses! You can't mention mini horses and then not show them, i am so disappointed! :laugh: For a minute i thought you meant the cat, and had visions of it loaded up with parcels.

Having said that, it's a lovely compact build with some nice details. I do like the sheild on the corner and the offset half-timbering on the first floor. The statue looks great too, although i wish the plinth it stood on looked a bit more detailed or ornate.

The two buildings look great together as well! :classic:

Just now, narbilu said:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::roflmao: Ok, i'll pay that... well played!

So are these real horses or not? I get that it is supposed to be comical, but this stable seems to indicate that the horses are in fact real: there are pens, as well as food and a fence for them, but when people ride them, it seems like that they are just a prop (as you say, Monty Python-esque; all you need are some coconuts...). If they are not real horses, though, would this really count as an HSS build for agriculture? I think the idea of micro horses is quite fun, and would love to see you play around with it in Varlyrio, but for my own personal sanity I need to know whether they are alive or just pretend (in-world, since either way they are pieces of plastic...).

As for the build itself, I like the wooden overhang of the building, and I also like the roof. The way you have joined the two buildings together is also nice, and the 1x1 round bricks make for a pleasant architectural detail in the upper walls. 

These build always pop the most when you show them connected to other pieces of your layout. When it's all done, the whole thing is going to be super impressive and I think you may have a knack for knowing how to join this stuff together! I may have mentioned it before, but I like the proportions of your buildings.They remind me of LJ and SK's sense of proportion, where the Lego buildings are somewhat smaller than real counterparts would be, but feel in porportion with Lego as a whole. Kind of like how pixel artists in JRPGs will tend to make buildings a lot smaller on the outside than they are inside, but it all works because the exaggerated proportions sell the illusion.

Perfect name for a stables, especially when combined with that shield for a sign :thumbup: Cool combination of stone and wood, and the building looks even better when shown by the Manor :classic:

Really cool! I've already stated that I'm a fan of how the two buildings combined look, but this one alone is nice as well. The shield indeed makes for a lovely sign (may I ask which one was first, the use of the shield and than the name, or the name and than you searched for a fitting billboard?) :wub: 

I'm not completely sold on the many 1x1 round bricks of the second floor's corner, but that's only nitpicking!

Nice build. Simple but effective texture, with the masonry contrasting with the round bricks. Would love to see one of the mini-horses poking its head out of the pen :sweet:.

When combined the building fit very well together.