I love it. I built a line follower fish using NXT some 20+ years ago. The natural (and easy) left/right/left cadence makes the tail work and look great, it also was the easiest thing to program too.  Kids loved it. Well done.

Always great to to see non-vehicle MOCs. This is particularly good too, with a very convincing swimming motion. I’m impressed, thank you for sharing.

Is this the right topic to post this? Are you interested in a video about the design process? Or rather about how to program this?

8 hours ago, Antonvh said:

Is this the right topic to post this? Are you interested in a video about the design process? Or rather about how to program this?

I think information on the programming would be really interesting, and perfectly appropriate in this topic. 

Very good looking model, and the swimming motion is very fluid and realistic. Remember having one of those fish following a string as a kid. 

Cool! You can swap a few colours and this can be a Pokemon MOC - Magikarp, use splash attack! :laugh:

13 hours ago, Goldenmasamune said:

Since it uses Mindstorm could you make a "hook" and program it to chase after the hook? 

I tried that, but the hook moves quite fast when it's dangling on a wire and the IR sensor is unable to track it. :/ Furthermore I tried building a snapping, biting mouth. But the strain on the model was too high to fish it out of the pond. The fish would need to be half it's current size I think to make this work.

10 hours ago, Antonvh said:

I tried that, but the hook moves quite fast when it's dangling on a wire and the IR sensor is unable to track it. :/ Furthermore I tried building a snapping, biting mouth. But the strain on the model was too high to fish it out of the pond. The fish would need to be half it's current size I think to make this work.

I know this may be the little kid route, but could you use magnets? 

1 hour ago, Goldenmasamune said:

I know this may be the little kid route, but could you use magnets? 

Nice idea. But the whole fish weighs about a kilo. That's hard to lift with magnets.