aminnich

What motivates you guys to build Technic?

18 hours ago, suffocation said:

Because I'm too dumb for Duplo.

Best answer so far  :rofl:

I like the problem solving aspect of it.

Just whatever you can see and make is a good inspiration.

1 minute ago, dr_spock said:

I like sticking pins into holes.

Well you have a problem then.. :laugh:

I've always liked to make things and lego, both technic and system bricks, allows me to do it. In the past I never had enough lego to do what I wanted but now I have enough (I think) I don't have much time (hence very little mocs from me). I am also working on other non lego projects on my PC so now lego is like a therapy for me.

H

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

Just whatever you can see and make is a good inspiration.

Well you have a problem then.. :laugh:

Apparently, I do...  :classic:

out_of_black.jpg

I think there is a big “Can I do it?” sign hanging over our heads all the time.  We look at something and ask ourselves, could I make this real world thing using Lego, and could I get it to work like the real thing with Technic elements?  Can I do it? That part is always in the back of my mind...

28 minutes ago, Bublehead said:

I think there is a big “Can I do it?” sign hanging over our heads all the time.  We look at something and ask ourselves, could I make this real world thing using Lego, and could I get it to work like the real thing with Technic elements?  Can I do it? That part is always in the back of my mind...

This was in my mind for more than a year with my large MOC , until it works . And the satisfaction was great when it´s finished and works fine !

I loved Lego Technic as a child. My favourite set was the 853. I thought it was so cool that you can see how the internals of a car function. Growing up I lost interest until I had my own children and rediscovered Lego. Just then the Unimog came out. I always had a weak spot for Unimogs. It was the first Technic set I bought as an adult, but I had to overcome a feeling of shame. Next, when visiting my parents I rebuild my old 853 and finally admitted to myself that I actually just enjoyed building Lego technic. Then thanks to @Sariel I discovered that I am not the only adult who likes to play with Lego Technic, but that there is a whole community out there! I discovered in awe the amazing MOCs so many of you create. Ever since I have bought and build most of the flagship sets that I had missed all these years.

Apart from the fact that I just like building with Lego and marvel at the functions, I have realised that together with cycling it is my way to destress from work. It is my mindfullness ...

I don't really focus on technic sets, it just came along with the last couple years of Nexo Knights.

It mostly felt like old school technic (bricks/plates/ball joints), but it was enjoyable after a 15 year "dark age".

I'm not really interested in the more modern studless technic style however.

The first time I used Technic it was studded. But, I wished for studless even then before we knew what studless was. I'm so very glad LEGO eventually went to studless Technic.