«Within the mighty wall and thorny fence rise the roofs of houses; and in the midst, set upon a green terrace, there stands aloft a great hall of Men. And it seems that it is thatched with gold. The light of it shines far over the land. Golden, too, are the posts of its doors.» 

I am proud to present the 9th installment in the Third Age: Journey Through Middle-Earth collab, The Golden Hall of Meduseld, located in Edoras, the capital of Rohan. This is my favourite location in Middle-Earth and to build it was an amazing experience. 
I started the planning back in May, and I've been continously building ever since then, and finished it just a few days before releasing it September 8th. 
The model is 140 cm long, 85 cm wide and 45 cm tall. I am super proud of this, and it turned out just about how I imagined it. 

I hope you all like it, and I would love to hear your feedback!

29617430437_b498486352_b.jpg

---
Be sure to check out all the parts in the collab so far, you can find them in this Flickr group, Third Age collab. There's a few left, and they'll be posted each Wednesday and Saturday on Flickr and Instagram. 

Go to my instagram account if you want to see some more pictures of this MOC, norlego.

Beautiful! I like the angle of the shot, it really looks imposing!

Wow, this is big!

The result is beautiful with the landscape of Medused.

Moreover, your picture is talking about a story and we can imagine a lot of thing.

Did you build the interior of Medused?

This is amazing!  The roof is great.  The landscaping is just incredible.  The colors are spot on with the gold accents.  I wish I had that many brown and tan bricks.  It looks like it could be a UCS set.  Awesome job.

I've seen multiple versions of this and it is amazing how many variances you can get with similar source material. Either way, this looks great. The landscaping really helps seal the deal. I think it adds a little extra compared to just the building. I had given thought to doing my own version of it also, but with so many others out there looking amazing, I don't think I will worry about it.

Keep up the good work.

Edit: After looking at source material further, you really captured the full scale of the building. The rounded stonework makes a lot more sense now. The rest of the details are pretty much spot on based on some of the stand alone images I saw.

Edited by TheLegoDr
added more info

Woah. The scale surprisingly doesn't take away from the detail! I love the stone base, and the roof! 

*oh2* That looks amazing!

The rocks, stone work and the roof worked out great.

It is an enormous build and recognizable.

Great job and thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

good job! this is excellent! the size is great, the detailing is SUPERB, and the overall shape and how it looks is astounding. 

the minifigures add something, too. 

Looks realy great. The hall, the rockplateau, the colorscheme, everything. :classic:
It reminds me of the hall in the movie LOTR? 

6 hours ago, neonic said:

It reminds me of the hall in the movie LOTR? 

That's cos it is. It was built for a LOTR collaboration, as stated in the description of the image. 

Pretty impressive :O. Do you have any estimation of how many pieces does it contain ?

On 9/17/2018 at 11:07 PM, thire5 said:

Pretty impressive :O. Do you have any estimation of how many pieces does it contain ?

My wild guess is 20 000 to 40 000, there's a lot of small pieces used, even though it doesn't look like it. 

I've been following you on Instagram and this is definitely an imposing build! I absolutely love the gold and brown colors together. I feel like you really captured the structure well.