Sign in to follow this  
keiththelegokid

Trouble with Building Instructions

So I've been trying to create instructions for my digital models. I've built all of them in Stud.io. I've tried L.Draw but I've not been able to get the instruction feature to work properly. So I've been trying to convert the Stud.io files to LDD files, but no matter how I export my Stud.io models they don't open in LDD because LDD only accepts LXF and not io or ldr files. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Why not use the instruction maker in Stud.io?

No matter which program you use, you will have to edit them. There is no automated instruction generator available. and with the near infinite whats that bricks can be connected, I doubt there ever will be.

Edited by supertruper1988

Blueprint is by far the best instruction maker I've used so far but you do need to use it with LDD.  There is no option to export directly to LDD from stud.io as you know but you can export to Ldraw like you tried and use programs like Lpub 3d for instructions.

If you can export to Ldraw from stud.io without missing parts this would be the way to import to LDD:

https://wiki.ldraw.org/wiki/LDraw_to_LDD_conversion

Also the updated Ldraw conversion file can be found in this forum above:

EDIT>  Ok the new Stud.io beta 2.0 has a new instruction builder app inbuilt that looks similar to blueprint and you can export to PNG or PDF if you want to..Im gonna be trying this!

Edited by Shroud