Jerac

[MOC] Star Wars: The X-Wing Story

I built two, one red and one yellow.

I want to do Blue Leader next. The expensive wheel parts are much cheaper in old gray.

Here's my x-wing story.

First of all I want to thank and praise Jerac for this amazing design. It looks stunning and the way it’s put together leaves me utterly speechless. Standing ovation, incredible piece of art.

I choose to build the red-5 version. The building process itself was extremely rewarding and I got it all finished pretty easily. The hardest part for me was attaching the top part of the nose fuselage (page 94, step 11). As I got the other end attached, the other end popped loose. I had to adjust  it maybe 5 or 6 times before I got it right, so in the end even that wasn't excessively tricky.

And here's a photo of my finished beauty.

x-wing_lego_edit01.jpg.b9d8db4b5ea7cb5a3c361c4f0d19c82c.jpg

It's pretty much like the original design. Only a few subtle changes here and there. The most visible one being the larger engine exhausts. To my eye they were originally a little bit too "skinny". I have this 30-year old x-wing model kit and when I compared the exhausts of the lego design to my old model kit, they were more or less the same size even though the lego design is otherwise bigger. Yeah, I know the exhausts might be a little too big now, but somehow the overall silhouette of the ship pleases my eye even more this way.

Here’s a picture to demonstrate the size comparison.

x-wing_compare_edit01.jpg.c0063700de295f661380c38d57256e63.jpg

Next I'm planning to purchase the parts for Jerac's tie-fighter. I already bought the instructions and can't wait to get to build it and have it displayed next to my oh-so-precious x-wing.

Edited by BowmanSam

here's mine:

e4ruLUF.jpg

what an incredible design by Jerac. brings a smile to my face every time I look at it.

inspired me to mod my 75218 as well.

iR4DKuw.jpg

11 hours ago, sixtybricks said:

iR4DKuw.jpg

Is that a Wicked Brick stand you’re using for 75218? Does it fit the Jerac design?

Edited by Wonderpants

3 minutes ago, Wonderpants said:

Is that a Wicked Brick stand you’re using for 75218? Does it fit the Jerac design?

From building mine I’m pretty sure you would need to mod the design to use a wb stand. Jerac’s designs are generally studless and wb stands have studs that connect to anti studs underneath. They are more suited to official sets.

for my Jerac I built my own stand from Technic 

6 hours ago, LDigital said:

From building mine I’m pretty sure you would need to mod the design to use a wb stand. Jerac’s designs are generally studless and wb stands have studs that connect to anti studs underneath. They are more suited to official sets.

for my Jerac I built my own stand from Technic 

^this

Edited by sixtybricks

Complete awesomeness! Just finished building mine in the white/red variant. Only issue was unable to get the gear box working with the technic pin. This issue was answered in a previous post, looks like I need to rip her down and realign the cogs. Definitely exceeded my expectations, you out did yourself on this one Jerac.Thankyou for the awesome model!