Jerac

[MOC] Star Wars: The X-Wing Story

Anyone did any custom stand for x-wing to stand at a flying stance?  Like a "flying-look" in 45 degree wing angle & tilt-up nose?  

Displaying it with the custom stand seems uninteresting. Thinking of doing 1 stand for above mention stance, but seems to be very difficult to achieve because of the centre of gravity & the amount of studs available on the underbelly of the x-wing...  Any suggestion? 

Just wanted to share my most recent mods. A new front landing gear, and thanks to LightMyBricks, some engine LEDs. 

QZqGh30.jpg

meFlstT.jpg

jcCnUXi.jpg

I love that landing gear, how'd you make it? Is the arm piece just attached to the flex bar like the original?

Edited by caperica

12 hours ago, caperica said:

I love that landing gear, how'd you make it? Is the arm piece just attached to the flex bar like the original?

Yes it is. No additional mods were made. Just what you see here. 

11 hours ago, lytliew said:

stleon2, can this landing gear mod fully retracted?

Yes. I did not modify the original nose structure @jerac has in place. I did however remove 2 of the forward-most “Modified 1x1 brick with headlight” in order for the landing gear to get more flush with the bottom. It does not compromise strength to the nose at all. 

On 8/26/2019 at 10:44 AM, Jerac said:

Floating castle with motors and lights.

@Jerac how is your T-70 coming along? I can’t wait to see it! 

26 minutes ago, stleon2 said:

@Jerac how is your T-70 coming along? I can’t wait to see it! 

Well I started it, but floating castles are just more cool. I will eventually get back to it though, don't worry ;)

When are we going to get a master Millennium Falcon? I'd love to see what you could do with maybe between play set and UCS scale!

Hi everyone, I'm Fabio from Italy and I'm new to the forum. I'm considering to buy the instructions for this model, but first I'm checking for the price of the parts and it seems that part 30155 (the wheels) are outrageously expensive, like 8 euros each and you need 8 if I'm correct. Since I'm not spending all that money just for 8 plastic wheels, can anyone tell me if they can be replaced by something else? Thank you very much.

4 hours ago, fabiolonardoni said:

Hi everyone, I'm Fabio from Italy and I'm new to the forum. I'm considering to buy the instructions for this model, but first I'm checking for the price of the parts and it seems that part 30155 (the wheels) are outrageously expensive, like 8 euros each and you need 8 if I'm correct. Since I'm not spending all that money just for 8 plastic wheels, can anyone tell me if they can be replaced by something else? Thank you very much.

Welcome to the forum! You could try finding them in old light gray, they are under a dollar.

On 8/8/2019 at 4:37 AM, stleon2 said:

Just wanted to share my most recent mods. A new front landing gear, and thanks to LightMyBricks, some engine LEDs. 

QZqGh30.jpg

meFlstT.jpg

jcCnUXi.jpg

Wow this landing gear feels so nice!

Would you have the part list? I can't figure what part the one just above the skid is

Thanks!

Concur, any chance you could provide a quick list of the additional parts needed to pull this beauty off? Cheers

On 1/21/2020 at 2:06 AM, fabiolonardoni said:

Hi everyone, this is Mickael from France, AFOL and especially Star Wars theme. This is my first post on this board.

I try to figure out the BrickLink cost for Jerac crazy xwing before buying the building instructions.

Fabio, did you manage to find an average cost?

Edited by OMEGAMICK

On 5/22/2020 at 6:48 PM, OMEGAMICK said:

Hi everyone, this is Mickael from France, AFOL and especially Star Wars theme. This is my first post on this board.

I try to figure out the BrickLink cost for Jerac crazy xwing before buying the building instructions.

Fabio, did you manage to find an average cost?

Which color variant are you interested in? I can check for you.
Please also tell me your region. As for those super expensive wheels, you can use a cheaper variant and it will work too.

On 1/20/2020 at 7:06 PM, fabiolonardoni said:

Hello all, I am new to these forums as well. I wanted to ask a questions regarding what Fabio brought up. Ever since the change from Light Grey to Light Bluish Grey keeping a consistent colour palette has been somewhat difficult especially when it comes to price or aesthetics. The X-Wing, with its discoloured panels and aging, doesn't look bad with several colours making it up but how do you deal with the colour difference? If only the wheels are replaced like has been suggested to Fabio, do you grin and bear the difference in just that one section? Or do you replace other parts with the same colour to make it look more uniform, in this case with other Light Grey pieces?

Sorry if the question is a bit long. and Fabio, I hope you get to make this fantastic X-Wing.

Having built this with the cheaper older coloured ones, I can definitely say that you don’t really notice it, and like you mentioned - if anything it actually looks like it is worn parts. It’s not like the rebels could afford parts all from the same manufacturer - there is bound to be discrepancies in parts like engine covers etc

Hi I'm Fabio. I finally built this fantastic X-wing with the cheaper "wheels", and I confirm what ptrg said. No problem at all with the colour difference, you don't even notice it. And if you do, I think it might even look better this way for many people :-)

I have bought it in brickvault, loved how you did the main hull and the landing gear, it's sturdy and maybe the best x-wing in minifig scale that exists