Dragunov2

Lego 60052 conversion from Power Functions to Powered Up!?

Hi,

I bought the previous cargo train aswell, already have the new cargo up and running.

So I want to convert the Power Functions to Powered Up, easy for the battery box and the engine itself, same dimensions.

But just an enormous gab where the IR controller supposed to be, cause it isn't longer needed, just need to have the bricks to fill those big gab!

Somebody already did those conversion aswell?

Thanks!

Edited by Dragunov2

I guess I gonna make the train more real, so flat out the rooftop and fill the gab behind the cabin aswell.

I already did move the dynamics brakes from the end to the middle and of course I did move the seat aswell, maybe gonna order an extra seat so I have two seats

Maybe someone can help me with a piece I search for the train, in fact for the airhorn.

I had a look on a real pic of such a train and a part was very familiar to me, as a Lego part, those double airhorn.

I know I know that piece of brick, but I don't remember exactly where I need to search for it

yellow-diesel-locomotive.jpg

I know there is a Lego piece which looks like those airhorn, in one single piece with a hole in it to attach it somewhere.

Possible those piece is too small, but gonna give it a shot anyway

Somebody can help me with this?

Thanks

Where are you guys getting extra motors/batteries packs to convert the old models? I thought the Power Up parts are still only available in the new sets, not sold separately.

7 hours ago, IHadMegaBloksAsAKid said:

I did it to mine, as you said you just fill the IR part with bricks and you're good to go.

Pics of it?

6 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

Where are you guys getting extra motors/batteries packs to convert the old models? I thought the Power Up parts are still only available in the new sets, not sold separately.

I bought them on Bricklink aswell.

I hope to see them early next week, so I can complete the conversion!

7 hours ago, dr_spock said:

And I am still waiting for them to show up on S@H … did not even look for sperate PU items on BL - remote is also available.

Thanks a million, @dr_spock!!!

Best
Thorsten