Sign in to follow this  
Tanotrooper

Roman mafia game: rules and confirmation thread

The year is 79 AD. After the death of emperor Nero, a certain general Vespasian took the power of Rome, after the very succesful siege of Jerusalem in wich the temple of Jerusalem was destroyed. The people loves him, as he has built the Colosseum with the treasures stolen from Jerusalem.

But two of the seven hills of Rome, the Palatine and Aventine hills, keep fighting each other, threatening all of Rome and the Roman Empire itself. Emperor Vespasian has send some of his finest troops to both hills, as they need to break down the rebellion and bring Rome back on its feet.

That was the backgroundstory of our (first) Roman mafia game here on Eurobricks. The rules will be explained in this thread.

-There are 3 groups of players: the governement (consisting of soldiers and aristocrats), the Aventine hill plebs and the Palatine hill plebs. All three have to fight for power, as this will determine the future of Rome.

-There are two fases: day and night. When it's day, all players will be able to vote on who they want to condemn. At night, certain night actions might take place. Any (night)actions will have to be send to me by PM, not in the game thread!!!! A day will be about 3 days in real life, and a night will be about 2 days.

-If a person is condemned (this means having as many votes as half of the players +1 ), the person will appear at court. The judge (consul) then will decide what to do with the player. The decision will be send to me by PM from the judge, and the result will appear in public. There are two options:

*crucifixion: the person has been condemned to death, and will be crucified before all of Rome.

*arena: the person will be sent into the new Colosseum, there he will try to survive. If he survives for 1 day (so condemnation, night, day, night), the person will be put back into the game.

-The other rules are: think twice before you do something, try to survive and people aren't always who they appear to be.

Any questions about the rules may be posted here, and all of your confirmations too.

The game will start the 15th of April.

Confirmations:

1)Goggleson

2)Wouwie13

3)Lt. Veers

4)Pencoin

5)Hinckley

6)Trexxen

7)Ricecracker

8)Legolyons

9)TinyPiesRUs

10)Username_Taken

11)Piranha

12)Atoll Dweller

13)Dragonator

14)Iamded

15)Imperialscouts

16)Batbrick

17)Castlestrike666

18)Casewindu

19)Jipay

TT

Edited by Tanotrooper

"Morituri te salutant!" I say! "Morituri te salutant!" indeed!

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Those who are about to die salute you!

Er, I mean, Morituri te salutant! X-D

~Peace

Salve! *sweet*

I see Mr. Iamded has given the translation in the meanwhile ;-)

13 confirmed, 6 more to go. Crucifixes are being tested *skull* and the characters are being made too. When everybody has confirmed, I will "choose" the roles, and you will recieve them a bit before the game.

TT

Sorry for the dubble post :-$

*Presumable game start date entered*

Anyone who still needs to confirm, please do it asap. Anyone who wants to enter as a reserve player, can also do this in this thread.

Thanks,

TT

Thank you very much Jipay.

WE NOW HAVE ALL THE PLAYERS!!! *sweet*

Roles will be divided now, I'll see when I send the roles.... Now or when the game begins? Hmm... ;-)

The begindate is approx. 15 April.

EDIT: the roles were divided by fate and will be sent to you tomorrow. Any questions about your roles must be sent to me by PM, and NOT posted in this thread.

TT

Edited by Tanotrooper

Sign in to follow this