Sign in to follow this  
Luca 1965

help for beginners

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and to digital bricks. Any suggestions for a good guide to LDD? The rather thin manual only goes so far and I keep running into problems that I'm sure must be easy to solve. For instance, I was trying to design a modular building and thought I would build the second floor as a separate set right next to the first floor in the same file, in other words). When I tried to get floor two to sit on top of floor one, I couldn't manage to virtually lift the thing to place it on top of the first floor -- it just kept moving around aimlessly on the workspace and I just couldn't lift it in place. I'm sure there's an easy solution and I'm missing something very basic, but for the life of me I can't figure out what or -- more importantly -- where to turn for answers to these basic questions...

Thanks!

Luca

Ldd has built in snap which is great but it means you have to have a structure to snap it too. If you havent completed the first level of the moc, or the top surface of the walls are all tiles, you will need to swap one out for a plate or build a fake wall to hold up the second floor. 

Ah, that's where the problem was: all tiles on top of the first level. Thank you!

Edited by Luca 1965