Nikola Bathory

6075 Wolfpack Tower Pictorial review!

indexed.gif

OK, time for my first review here, I hope that you will like it. Some basic info about the set:

6075 Wolfpack Tower

Theme: Castle

Subtheme: Wolfpack

Year: 1992

Build time: 1 hour 20 minutes

This is the Wolfpack secret hideaway, and it is located above a river. It includes 4 minifigs: 3 wolfpeople (1 captain) and a ghost. The Ghost is great, it is made of phosphorus and really glows in the dark! That's spooky! :)

The box:

lego1.jpg

The back of the box with some other ideas what you can build and intrusctions about the Ghost and how to make it glow:

lego2.jpg

Instructions:

lego3.jpg

The minifigs in this set:

lego4.jpg

The left side of the Wolfpack tower. The tower has 2 small bridges you can raise and lower - one at the entrance, the other one inside. It also has 2 ladders.

lego5.jpg

The tower from the front. (I miss 1 red piece from the roof, but I will look for it).

lego6.jpg

The painted bricks on one of the black panels are a nice touch. (Note: this set includes only 1 grey bird, you see 2 on this photo)

lego7.jpg

By the use on a hinge, the entire side opens up and you see the second bridge and the treasure chest hidden below it.

lego8.jpg

The other side opens up too, those hinges are cool and practical.

lego9.jpg

There is enough room for 1 minifig inside the tower at the back.

lego10.jpg

in all its glory:

lego11.jpg

I really like this set, in inludes a good number of minifigs (1 Ghost!!), the hinges are great, The set is really a very good base for the Wolfpack and offers very good playability(sp?). It looks cool too.

Feedback is welcome :) Thanks for reading!

PS:

oh noes!

Sw.jpg

Edited by KimT

Thanks for this review! Nicely done! Good pictures! *y*

I really like the Wolfpack Tower, but somehow its interior is too small. :-( I never knew where to put the Wolfpack guys. Maybe I'd be good to add grey plates around the treasure chest (to cover the blue plate). So you'd have some extra space for the minifigs to stand on. I don't want my minifigs to stand in the water.

Nice review! *y*

I remember I allways loved this set because I was crazy about the wolf men *pirate* but unfortunately this one was their only "large" one :-(

Nice review *y* . I always felt that this set was a rip-off of the Royal Knights' bridge tower thing set (can't remember the name *wacko* ) or vice-versa (I don't know which one was first). It looks like a cool set though, the only real fortress the Wolfpack has. That's also my problem with this set: since it's their only fortress/castle they have, it should've been bigger |-/ .

Your box looks pretty new, did you recently bought this set of Ebay or Bricklink or something?

Thanks :) Yes, this is the only base of the Wolfpack and their biggest set, but... it could be even bigger, that would be better, of course.

Your box looks pretty new, did you recently bought this set of Ebay or Bricklink or something?

No, my parents bought me this set back at the time... It's in very good condition, I've always looked after my things.

Great review! :-) I've always liked the Wolfpack faction, but I don't have any sets what with them coming out when I was 1-2 years old.

Thanks for making me wish I had some Wolfpack sets Nikola. X-D

-Tarfful

Edited by Tarfful

No, my parents bought me this set back at the time... It's in very good condition, I've always looked after my things.
So, did you rebuild the set or do you still remember the time it took you to build it :-P ? You must have a lot of space to keep all your boxes.

Thank you for a wonderful review! This is one of my all-time favorite sets, and I'm lucky enough to own one, too! I plan to include it unmodified to my big "golden age" town project.

So, did you rebuild the set or do you still remember the time it took you to build it :-P ? You must have a lot of space to keep all your boxes.

I did rebuild it last week and it took me 1 hour 20 minutes ;-)

Well, yes, I ordered a new cupboard btw, especially for the LEGO.

This set marked my first experience with the grey "BURP" pieces. I distinctly remember pulling them out of the box when I was a kid and thinking, "What the heck are THESE things??"

Fun review, and thanks for the trip down memory lane!

I like this set. Sure it was small and simple (and the basement was flooded), but for some reason I really liked it. It was nice they made a base for even the tiny wolf pack faction. I wish they'd include a base for the trolls.

Steve

This is a very good set! And is one of the few limited sets that Wolfpack can ever offer in such short-lived theme. Wolfpacks are a bad and nasty fraction that i will make use of them in hit and run, stealing riches from kingdoms. Nevertheless, this is a good base for them to station :sweet:

Thanks for that fine review of a very nice and pretty playable set, Nikola Bathory! :classic:

This was among my personal favorite sets in the castle theme when I was kid. I always liked the medium sized models like this one. Good review. I may have to look up the instructions to this one rebuild it.

Thanks for this review, Nikola! That's one great set, another that I've messed with whilst staying at dragonator's place. Very neat indeed.

It's strange though, in this picture the lower hinge piece looks like it's light bley, instead of grey like everything else. I assume that's just from the lighting?

~Peace

Nice job on your first review. :thumbup:

I wish I had have gotten some of the older castle sets. But a lot of them came out when I didn't know what a LEGO was... :blush:

I also really like the ghost that comes with this set. I hope they have it on BrickLink....

It's strange though, in this picture the lower hinge piece looks like it's light bley, instead of grey like everything else. I assume that's just from the lighting?

It's normal grey, as the other hinge. Yes, must be the lighting.

:classic:

Nice reveiw :thumbup: I love this set! I reckon the 90's was he best for castle although the castle atm is quite up to standards

Too bad I was too young to buy sets from the 90's :sadnew:

Hey I'm a bit late I know, but I just wanted to say thanks for this review.

I'm just getting into Castle again and do own some sets from back in the early 90s like the big Castle and 3! guys from the wolfpack :tongue:

Unfortunately I didn't get this set but everytime I see it it makes me wish to have a copy of it and reminds me of the good old castle times :classic:

Thanks a bunch Nikola!

Benny

Are we really dredging up review from 2008? I don't mind seeing an old review come back to life from time to time- but if you DO bring one back to life, you better have something REALLY interesting to add, and not "cool" or "I like this set".