50 minutes ago, anothergol said:

yeah, the most expensive ones which require much less backers, due to the nature of the system. 100 people really isn't that much.

So true! It's the ones who have less expensive sets I think that will be harder to get. It's much more difficult to attract 200 people with a less expensive set that, to put it delicately, doesn't attract much interest. 

Just a reminder to those who are posting pics of their MOCs, for example this one:

Please stick to the maximum size of pics allowed here in Eurobricks!

The rules are: 

Images: Don't post images that are over 1,024 x 768 (or 768 x 1,024 for pictures with a portrait orientation) or are LEGO confidential. Images rarely need to be over 800 x 600, and any that are over 1MB (including GIFs) are not allowed unless there is admin approval. BMPs are never allowed. Avatar images should be 100 x 100 (and under 20k if hosted on EB), and may not be more than 400 x 400 (and 100k, even if hosted remotely). No animated GIFs are to be used as avatars. Before registering, please familiarize yourself with these tutorials to learn how to reduce your own images. Also, when quoting, don't quote images unless it is specifically needed. This just fills up posts with repeat images for no reason.

@Digger of Bricks Please resize your photo and upload it again! Thanks! :classic:

And for those quoting posts: Please refrain from posting a pic again:hmpf: There is never a need for it! :wink:

I admit I'm surprised at how quickly some of the projects reached 100% backing.

When I look through the projects, there are numbers for parts, unique parts, and "Exclusive Part", and every set has only 1 of this part. What is that part? Some kind of custom-printed plaque? Or did the designers happen upon a shape / colour combination that coincidentally doesn't exist in any other set?

I must say that I didn't expect for some models to achieve the goal so fast. Good for them.

Now those sluggish ones, I think that some of the models presented here which didn’t make the cut could have done better and faster.

6 hours ago, pagicence said:

I must say that I didn't expect for some models to achieve the goal so fast. Good for them.

Now those sluggish ones, I think that some of the models presented here which didn’t make the cut could have done better and faster.

Mine is definitely in the bottom four of the sluggish ones. Most likely going to write it off as a total failure, but at least I made it to finalist!

On 2/4/2019 at 5:17 AM, Elysiumfountain said:

Mine is definitely in the bottom four of the sluggish ones. Most likely going to write it off as a total failure, but at least I made it to finalist!

Is a good effort, they should have chosen your other one ?

On 2/3/2019 at 1:17 PM, Elysiumfountain said:

I wouldn't write it off as a total failure.  You did something only 15 other people did!  That's pretty damn impressive.  

I didn't have the sense of scale for the firetruck. Still not interested in it though. But the roadster looks better in the video, I backed it up too.

On 1/23/2019 at 2:02 AM, anothergol said:

Yes, next 4.

-The castle. It's ok.. not one of those amazing realistic MOCs, more of in the legacy of Lego's own castles (with a bit more roundness, like Lego would probably do it in 2019). Which is fine, except... I'm not seeing where the 2000 parts went (not in the pretty basic hay roof, that's for sure). Will probably be expensive for what it is?
Personally, I would have preffered one of those ultrarealistic builds, even if it was 2000 parts in a single tower.

-Bikes. It's ok, here again, in the vein of what Lego would produce, not really a MOC. A bit too much for kids, maybe.

-Imagine it! Now this looks more like a MOC. Not exactly what I was looking for though. But it's nice enough.

-mini chess. Not bad. Here too it's a MOC. I'm sure it's unplayable, too tiny & the single studs will probably stick to the pieces. But if it's cheap enough..

I'm really hoping for something amazing in the last 4.

Yeah, we haven't seen a mech or a spaceship yet :(

Dont worry, my chess is completely playable, I have checked it many times...its a bit frustrating to see how many people say "thats unplayable, too tiny" without having it in front. I know that is your subjective opinion and I respect it, but I just think that kind of opinion damages the idea to other potential buyers who are not totally sure about it.

This is the same chess but with the bottom in Dark Red

I appreciate any support ??

20190213_021734-01_opt.jpg

Edited by CorvusA
Correction

1 hour ago, CorvusA said:

Dont worry, my chess is completely playable, I have checked it many times...its a bit frustrating to see how many people say "thats unplayable, too tiny" without having it in front. I know that is your subjective opinion and I respect it, but I just think that kind of opinion damages the idea to other potential buyers who are not totally sure about it.

Of course it can't be litterally impossible to play it, but we all know the size of a 1x1 plate, I just can't imagine picking up pieces that easily, let alone comfortably, especially at the beginning of the game when it's all cramped.

That's not the reason I chose to back up 2 other projects instead, though. It doesn't even need to be playable, the other ones aren't either, but I just prefer them as builds/items.
(but really, I haven't been overimpressed by any of the entries, I only backed up 2 I was ok with, because I wanted to get sets from that project, even if they're not official Lego ones)

Edited by anothergol

Just now, SylvainLS said:

FWIW, I had a travel chessboard whose magnetic pieces were the size of a Trophy/Statuette (90398)….

I personally love the mini chessboards, even only to be displayed lol

Hello everyone!
Just a quick reminder, that this is the last day you can purchase the 13 (12, actually) AFOL Designer Sets! :) Which one is your favorite? The Vintage Roadster is on its way to me, I really like those oldtimer cars, that's why I ordered it. I also like the castle, but it reached its maximum production number (2500) back in April, so unfortunately I couldn't order it, and of course I like the Old West Saloon too! :)

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/crowdproject/main.page

Just curious when these will start shipping: I pre-ordered mine months ago but still haven't received it. Is anyone else having the same issue? 

I've receveid my "Bikes !" June 21, takes 10 days from USA to France.

When they shipped your set you will received an email.

13 hours ago, Scriba said:

I've receveid my "Bikes !" June 21, takes 10 days from USA to France.

When they shipped your set you will received an email.

How much did the taxes / handling cost in France?

Nothing, it was a preorder, so no shipping cost, and and I didn't have any customs fees.

On 6/29/2019 at 3:19 PM, legozebra said:

Just curious when these will start shipping: I pre-ordered mine months ago but still haven't received it. Is anyone else having the same issue? 

They still did not ship my Saloon. ☹️

Mine too... saloon has over 1600 backers, so I think I'll have to wait a bit before they reach my "booking" of the set.
Set with less backers are more likely shipped before, especially the set has been backed in the last days available.

3 hours ago, Scriba said:

Nothing, it was a preorder, so no shipping cost, and and I didn't have any customs fees.

Nice. I hope that it will be the same for the Löwenstein castle.