I feel like the AFOL Designer Program is just like Ideas, with the 10 000 votes after the selection phase... I was hoping it would produce actual MOCs, aimed to AFOL, with advanced techniques, shapes and all... but no :cry_sad:

But I agree, a lot of the entries are not going to be the MOCs you see on Flickr or Eurobricks. Unless they're saving the most complex for the last four! 

15 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

I'm not impressed so far, I would like to see the rest of the entries that were not selected

Speaking of entries that were not selected, I was a little surprised that they chose the Clovershire Castle of my entries, as it was one of the less detailed and complex that I submitted. The biggest was 1980 pieces and was a pretty solid Greek temple style moc on a mountain with a giant staircase and cherry trees. Ah well. The judges work in mysterious ways apparently. 

Edited by Elysiumfountain

Like most of you, I've been a bit disappointed with most of the selected builds so far. Though it is good to see a few castle themed builds make the cut.

I had submitted this model myself:
1-overview.jpg

912 pieces if you were wondering.

The house has a full interior that you can see here.

10 hours ago, Elysiumfountain said:

I mean you have to give some of the designers credit for trying with the time and constraints they had

I still don't think the palette was that restricted. I wasn't expecting great giant mocs in 2 months (even though some can really do it), but I was expecting intricate mocs up to 500 parts.
But we'll start seeing the other entries popping up on Flickr I guess.

@anothergol True that, same for me! And whoops, sorry! I hope my last comment wasn't construed to be too rude! :grin: Personally, I think a lot of the finalists that were announced are interesting builds, but not something I necessarily would vote for. I wonder if there are some really detailed ones that didn't make it, though. Maybe we'll see them on Flickr like you said? 

This one (that didn't make it) was my biggest entry with 1980 pieces and even I'm not satisfied with how some of it turned out. That weird baseplate on the right sticking out, and the tiling on the ground that didn't fit. 

Oracle Of the Mountains

Edit: Added photo and removed a stupid question I asked :) 

Edited by Elysiumfountain

That is way cooler than the one they actually picked as a finalist.  I would have actually backed that one.

I am really confused by this whole thing.  No matter how well designed it is I have zero interest in anything that is not mini-fig compatible so half the stuff is already a non-starter for me.  Of the remaining only the Science Tower is of any interest to me.  I really hope they were saving the best for last.

@Lord Insanity I know right! I was a bit surprised when they chose the other one, because it was one that I had not put quite as much effort into as this one. But once the cow's been milked, there's no squirting the cream back up her udder, so here we are to see things through! :) 

Finally we're getting a good MOC-like entry with the car, probably the one I'm gonna support. Seems well built (I don't think the balloon part was the right choice for the back mudgard, though) and it's something Lego wouldn't have produced themselves.

Well, I was expecting a bit more from this.

As for myself I had 3 entries, one was a hovercar that was rather crap (with an ok hoverbike in the set), one was another hovercar that I believe was good enough (& solid), and the last one was a set of mechs that maybe just lacked something to unite them.

CyberChase3.jpgRaven01.jpgEggy02.jpgBot05.jpg

So nothing from the space theme made it? I’m a little surprised at that really even though mine didn’t get chosen. I’ll throw it up on Flickr later but here’s one shot of it. 2000 piece cargo space ship moored to an asteroid with enclosed glass cockpit. The flight chair lowers through the glass floor.

Edit: ok so I can’t ever upload pics here for some reason...

2 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Here is what I submitted...

46827628162_9bced119d6_c.jpg///Rejected/// Artemis by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

EB isn't a hosting site. Just link your picture from Flickr :wink:

Thats awesome! Totally up my ally. I do think the other build by ElisiumFountain is good too

3 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

It's better than any other in the selection IMHO

Not sure, was supposed to be that size but too big for what they were looking for maybe

On 1/23/2019 at 5:24 PM, Elysiumfountain said:

This one (that didn't make it) was my biggest entry with 1980 pieces and even I'm not satisfied with how some of it turned out. That weird baseplate on the right sticking out, and the tiling on the ground that didn't fit. 

Hey, I think it looks pretty decent! I particularly dig those staircases, as that would've been pretty cool to see in an official set! :thumbup: :classic:

21 hours ago, anothergol said:

As for myself I had 3 entries, one was a hovercar that was rather crap (with an ok hoverbike in the set), one was another hovercar that I believe was good enough (& solid), and the last one was a set of mechs that maybe just lacked something to unite them.

That "Raven Hoversportscar" looks pretty cool, while the first mech in Dark Red has a unique cockpit! :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Aw damn, that really could've been awesome... :thumbup: :cry2:

Well, perhaps you could submit it to Ideas as an alternative? :shrug_oh_well:

I am totally disappointed in this contest. I expected more intricate MOCs to win, to wow, to be different, something new. Anyway, I’ll just share mine favorite entry:

831995.png Crazy Loco (EB topic)

Edited by pagicence
typo

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

while the first mech in Dark Red has a unique cockpit! :thumbup:

I actually made that one in order to get the round Constration sides buyable in LBG (dark red on the picture). They exist, in the very limited tractor set, but they just can't be bought, even today they haven't appeared on B&P. But for some strange reason they were in the contest's palette (maybe by mistake?)

Edited by anothergol

No one got a “sorry, your submission was fine but didn’t make it to the finale, maybe next time”?  Or even a “sorry, your submission was rejected because (guns|alcohol|…)”?

I mean, you enter contests to test yourself and get feedback.  Not just for the price.

Edited by SylvainLS

Mine still says “in review” under the my studio section of crowd projects. I’m sure it got looked at though ?

I'd so back the roadster but I find the back too weird.
I was expecting to have to hesitate & back up several ones, now I'm only wondering which one to pick, because I eventually want one from this project.

Someone on Brickset's forum said that they thought none of the projects would make it. Three hours after they post all the crowdfunding, and two or three will be there before the end of the day lol 

4 hours ago, Elysiumfountain said:

Someone on Brickset's forum said that they thought none of the projects would make it. Three hours after they post all the crowdfunding, and two or three will be there before the end of the day lol 

yeah, the most expensive ones which require much less backers, due to the nature of the system. 100 people really isn't that much.