While TLG does allow it but at the same time is discouraging it, does anyone here who plans on entering a few entries to the contest also plan on sharing their submissions here on Eurobricks or eleswhere? :classic:

Yes to more than one submission (they even say you could win 20 times :laugh:).

And what is discouraged is publishing pictures of your MoCs because naughty people could steal them and some could even produce knock offs even before the crowdfunding phase.

If I end up completing any of my half baked ideas for this (and the pieces are actually in the palette) I feel like I would share it, primarily as a means to draw feedback so I could improve it before the window closes, or before trying to actually build it with bricks.

Sadly it seems like brick.io still has no support for the flexible elements (or I'm just missing it in the 2.0 beta), even with LDD->IO which hampers a couple of the things I had started for this.

No flexible parts in Stud.io yet.

It’s been WIP for a time now.  It seems they preferred including the (less asked for) stability check in the final version.

I have checked the available pallet/colors (mainly technic) and it is quite limited - there is no PF at all, pneumatics has one cylinder but no pump *huh*, ther is only small linear accurator and not big one... I hoped that I would make some mid sized technic truck but without such parts it would be too simple to catch any attention. Any hope for some cool technic model is also in vanish. Maybe there will be some nice scale (model team) model, but 2000 parts is too low for anything bigger than car.

I also hoped that some parts that were available in certain color few years ago would appear, but it is possible to use only parts found in sets from sets currently on shelves. I don't think I will participate on either side (designer/customer).

Also the mini figure parts are quite limited too! Which made me sad. But I'll enter anyways! Another thing to watch out for if you do import something from LDD is the conflicts that you'll come up with regarding the different palettes. But it is kind of nice because it tells you which parts aren't allowed. (I had to manually replace 400+ parts so it was a pain) 

On 9/21/2018 at 8:17 PM, SylvainLS said:

The verification is a bit strange: I had to replace a White 54200 with… a White 54200!

Yea there is still some bugs with importing I found the same and any 1x1 tile in general. I’ve reported the bugs on their bug forum.

3 hours ago, Modeltrainman said:

I just submitted my first project for the ADP. Excited!

Ooh good luck! I still have to submit my design, there's a couple more photos I have to render. They take so long on my computer, it's at least 1-2 hours per photo! 

I for one am really excited about this program! I've got my entry finished on Stud.io but I'm waiting on some parts to test it in person. Can't wait to see what we get from this!

17 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

And I think I'll just not submit the model I wanted since the palette is just too restricting!! :(

To be fair, I found it a bit wider than I expected. They said they're the parts that Lego keeps producing, and I'm finding all of the parts that I'd find in recent sets (minus a couple of really new ones). Which is pretty much what a Lego designer would have to deal with, minus new recolors, prints & stickers, I guess.

Here I'm just making a small MOC because of the time limit, and the pricing that's a big unknown. I can't imagine anyone willing to get a 1000 parts MOC for 200 bucks, while 50eur for a 250 parts set is still ok, "just to get something from an exclusive event".

I was hoping for the very new 37494.png, which obviously Lego is still producing, but it's not there. That said, Lego asks nearly 2eur for that (while I've bought like 30 for 25 cents on BL), so that would already be a good reason to exclude it.

Edited by anothergol

39 minutes ago, anothergol said:

the pricing that's a big unknown

BL admin Russell said the aimed price range was $20 to $200, which means a $0.10 per part (the usual average).

56 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

BL admin Russell said the aimed price range was $20 to $200, which means a $0.10 per part (the usual average).

Ah, pretty cool.

Aren't these supposed to be hand-packed like some limited sets?

I think in some ways for the finalists it might be harder than Ideas to make it through the crowdfunding stage. Because unlike Ideas, people have to actually commit to buy the sets if they make it through (even though it says if the set doesn't make it the funder doesn't have to pay). I wonder if that's going to discourage some people who like the set but don't really want to pay lots of money

Yeah but this will pass through a pre-selection, and the 3 bricks stacked by a 6 year-old and submitted by the father, will be filtered out, so it won't be littered with crap like Ideas is.

2 hours ago, anothergol said:

Yeah but this will pass through a pre-selection, and the 3 bricks stacked by a 6 year-old and submitted by the father, will be filtered out, so it won't be littered with crap like Ideas is.

True but even among the (up to potentially) 20 finalists how many of those are people are going to make it? Hard to say lol! It's always the 'up to' that is the fine print. They might only select one!