LEGO 60051

will you by 60197-8

As far as I am concerned, there is nothing really exciting in these sets other that the PU system, as @Goldenmasamune has pointed out.

I'll wait until the electronic devices will become available separately and buy them as such.

Best,
Thorsten 

7 hours ago, Toastie said:

I'll wait until the electronic devices will become available separately and buy them as such. 

Same here. I'm confident LEGO will offer them in the future. One part is yet available: The lights 88005. You can find it in the online shop only using the search function. It seems LEGO creates a new subsite for PU parts, but they need a lot of time to do so. PU, Boost and WeDo seem to be compatible but the whole software is in a very early development state ...

On the other hand, 60051 and 7938 are not so exciting at a first glance but they can become classics like the horizon express or the metroliner ... Let's imagine a distance of a couple of years.

If my budget will allow for it, I plan on getting the 60198 freight train.  I rather like the locomotive included in the set (although I'll probably end up modding it), and it has a lot of useful parts & minifigs.  Also, I've been meaning to get around to making at least one PF/PU train for quite some time now, but have always had something come up that caused me to put it off indefinitely, and if I just buy a set that already comes with the components, I'll no longer have an excuse to keep procrastinating on that issue. :wink:

I would probably get 60198 at some point when budget and sale price matches up.  I think it has better play value than the passenger train. 

I have already bought two sets of 60197 when they have been on "introducing sale?" by beginning of August. Price was 975 instead of 1399, so for me it was an ok-price....

But my priorities are maybe a little different. I change all my trains to 9V engines, so PU is an interesting new device, but not the main reason for me to buy a set like this.

What disappoints me most ist the very limited compability of the PU-App. While the reciver works fine on a quick first test with the included controlunit, the App itself does not work on my Android-Tablet.

Had to borough an I-pad to double-check. There the App worked, but it was just normal functions, nothing that was especially exciting. A look to the comments in the G***-Store indicates that I am not the only one with problems like theese. That is really a poor testimonial, way behind other brands that are able to release Apps wich work, and, typically TLC, not state of the art :wacko:

However, the doubled 60197 looks very appealing to me, and I allready started to create an additional car for it. I like it.

60198 is not my cup of tea. I will buy the Loco when i can get it for cheap, but not the complete set if not reduced by 50% or more....

While the sets are nice looking lego trains ... I don't see myself spending the cash just for new electronics .... I literally just converted to PF this year, But my Lug still runs 9V.  The cargo train to me is more appealing but the price point isn't there for a parts train lol.  Another steam train? We'll talk lol.