The T-88 X wing fighter is my (non-canon) idea of a 'next generation X wing' produced maybe 10 years after the T-70 we've seen in the new films. The retro styling was a happy accident, but I'm still pleased with how it turned out - not everyone likes the cone nose, but I do lol 1f642.png:) Not everyone likes the cone nose, but I do lol 
There is an ''E-wing'' attack mode for strafing ground targets or capital ships etc + I added small side hinges to try and protect the astromech droid a bit, as the poor little buggers are always taking hits!

Anyway, I hope you guys like it, thanks for looking!

T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]T-88 X Wing Fighter [MOC]

Great MOC, especially the E-Wing mode, genius. The edgy black wings and the flat engines (love 'em) give it an almost "stealthy" look. The engines are perfect for some LEDs. The absence of greebling on the fuselage adds to stealthy look. Cool cockpit and droid port, good idea with the hinges. And then we come to the front of the ship, which looks like...which looks like...erm...well, like a stick, or an oldfashioned wooden broomhandle. Makes it look unbalanced in my eyes. The execution itself is really great. Is there any mechanism to lock the wings in place? If yes, could you lock the wings in upwards position, as "inverted E-Wing"?

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

Looks great, there is a lot I like about it, funny you mention the nose-cone it's the one feature I like the least. Really though I thing the whole front part is to bulbous or bulky, needs some streamlining. I do like the way the wings turned out along with the engines, it looks very much like a natural upgraded progression. Dig the stealth like look as well. Good job thanks for sharing. 

I think part of what makes the nose feel bulbous is that you have the curved slope along the side under the cockpit coming up while you have the bottom section start high with the downward curve, instead of it being a continuous body.  It kinda makes it feel like the nose should be one stud shorter (probably from the bottom) to have it tapering more.  The fact that it also seems long (usually it seems like the wings are starting just a little behind the canopy) might also make the nose look further out of place to people comparing it to a classic X-wing.

I really like the cockpit back though for that clean/slim look,

Like others said, the otherwise good build is hampered by the extra thicc nose. I would also recommend making the surfaces behind the cockpit a bit more unified, as they seem a bit random now. I do like general flow of the rear end of the ship, with flat engines and delicate looking guns, which match the engines' style.