Sign in to follow this  
Giacinto Consiglio

[MOC] Post Office & Art School

Among LEGO colours, yellows have always been somehow ignored in official modular buildings: this time, not only did I include one shade of yellow, but I used them all (namely, bright light orange, bright light yellow and the classic yellow). In addition, in many countries mail service is frequently associated to blue and yellow, so what business could suit the building better than a post office? The upper floors house an art school with painting and vase-modelling workshops, along with samples of great artworks created by the numerous members of the school. Enjoy!

29552395077_d08cd1c278_c.jpg

44440318422_ce60016ca5_c.jpg

44489784601_80ff3a61e5_c.jpg

43580706965_ffdec3fdc0_c.jpg

Edited by Giacinto Consiglio

Love it! To me looks like an improved version of your last model, the Minerals Shop. It has a similar structure, but almost everything is a tad better. Yellow is just awesome, I too (two years ago) was looking at the Lego palette and thought: "Why haven't they done a yellow building?", I've two now, but yours is entirely different from my takes. The detailing in tan makes me think you took some inspiration from Paris, then sprinkled Lego madness everywhere. The interiors are nice too. I love the post office's counter and especially the sign :wub: so good! Now I see you've totally transitioned to making buildings in this new style, looking forward to your future experiments.

Oh, I love the wrought iron fence on the first floor balcony and the 1x1 plates with clips as columns!

Just wondering, why did you use two different render engines? I believe the first image is done with Pov-Ray and the other four with Blender

You nailed it! The basic structure is similar to the Minerals Shop, even though the rest is completely different. Actually I wasn't inspired by parisian architecture: tan just pairs nicely with yellow and it reduces its "brightness". I intended to use Mecabricks for both the exterior and the interior, however it's still missing the lion head brick at the ground floor and the golden blades you can see on the roof, so the rendering would've missed key details of the building.

Great details especially the facade! The interior also features some smart ideas. However I think the facade would look better without the yellow but thats probably just my personal taste.

Besides its extraordinary color scheme (which I'm really most dazzled by and immediately adore), there is just soooo much to take in as far as amazing parts usage! :thumbup: *oh2*

This is a gorgeous and striking building! Love the colour scheme and the clever parts usage.  

Marvellous! I had to laugh when I saw that guy applying green paint in the vase modelling class. He seems very enthusiastic :head_back:

Very very nice.

This is fantastic. The tan and yellow go together really well. It looks fantastic on the outside but the interiors are also very nice indeed. I like how you've used the minifig whip pieces to create the arm rests on the sides of the bench. :thumbup:

Would love to see a rendered image of this model and your previous Art Nouveau moc situated side by side. :classic:

Cool building indeed :classic:.
The colors are a bit odd but looks great, especially with the blue roof and green stuff. Also like all those 'weird' details and the use of all those parts. And of course the balcony on the corner. 
Nice detail, the 'paintboard' on the side of the wall.
Great interior too.

On 9/6/2018 at 2:36 AM, Giacinto Consiglio said:

You nailed it! The basic structure is similar to the Minerals Shop, even though the rest is completely different. Actually I wasn't inspired by parisian architecture: tan just pairs nicely with yellow and it reduces its "brightness". I intended to use Mecabricks for both the exterior and the interior, however it's still missing the lion head brick at the ground floor and the golden blades you can see on the roof, so the rendering would've missed key details of the building.

I shall try to model this part. I don’t have the real element but I think I can do it without. This one is long overdue :wink:

Very impressive!  I like the dark blue and yellow colors together accented with the sand green.  I am really impressed with your artwork on the wall - they all look so natural!  Did you have any inspirations for the artwork, or just free build as you went along?

1 hour ago, Gneird said:

Very impressive!  I like the dark blue and yellow colors together accented with the sand green.  I am really impressed with your artwork on the wall - they all look so natural!  Did you have any inspirations for the artwork, or just free build as you went along?

Just free build, though the mosaic on the last floor was inspired by real paintings depicting erupting vesuvius!

On 9/14/2018 at 12:48 PM, Scrubs said:

I shall try to model this part. I don’t have the real element but I think I can do it without. This one is long overdue :wink:

That would be great!