Frostbricks

Heroica MOC - Draida

I recently dusted off Heroica and have been playing it with the family. It's become quite the hit, so I thought I'd rebuild the board so that it could also be display worthy. This is a little slice of a Work in progress to that end.

This section is based on Draida, the smallest of the four Heroica sets released in Australia (The final version will incorporate all four)

And I wanted to ask you guys, the Heroica fans, what you thought, and what things I might need to consider (to keep it completely playable) before finishing up the build?

Heroica Deluxe - Draida

Oh, this is awkward. Nobody here that I know of actually plays the officially Heroica game Lego released. The game that's run here is loosely, and I mean incredibly loosely, based off it. Our home-brewed rules completely ditches the board used, as well as the miniatures, dice and rules. :tongue: We're actually in the middle of wrapping up seven years of adventuring, with over 100 quests completed. If you browse through a quest, you'll see the difference between the two games.

Needlessly to say, this is a well put together MOC. :thumbup: The ship in particular is very cool, and the castle ruins are a lot more interesting than what Lego offered. The use of elevation is also really well done. Well done!

Edited by Kintobor

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

The game that's run here is loosely, and I mean incredibly loosely, based off it. Our home-brewed rules completely ditches the board used, as well as the miniatures, dice and rules. :tongue: We're actually in the middle of wrapping up seven years of adventuring, with over 100 quests completed. If you browse through a quest, you'll see the difference between the two games.

No, part of why I'm curious is because it's my 6 year old who's enjoyed playing. I DnD regularly. And I would absolutely love to turn him into a little DnD nerd and have him join me. I'm kinda seeing this as a stepping stone for him.

So thankyou I guess, may I ask what rule set you guys use then? And where a good place to read guides on how y'all play?

As someone who's QM'ed for Heroica and had a lot of Quest plans that fell through for lack of sets/illustrations, I would have killed to get someone would could make builds of this quality, even at microscale like this.  The waves, the slope of the sand as it comes up from the sea...there's a lot of really nice small touches that add so much life to the scene.  Excellent build, hopefully whatever comes after Heroica can attract more builders of this caliber to its side. :thumbup:

Edited by Flipz

On 9/5/2018 at 6:57 AM, Frostbricks said:

I recently dusted off Heroica and have been playing it with the family. It's become quite the hit, so I thought I'd rebuild the board so that it could also be display worthy. This is a little slice of a Work in progress to that end.

This section is based on Draida, the smallest of the four Heroica sets released in Australia (The final version will incorporate all four)

And I wanted to ask you guys, the Heroica fans, what you thought, and what things I might need to consider (to keep it completely playable) before finishing up the build?

Heroica Deluxe - Draida

Can you send me instructions for the boat please??