LegoMyMamma

[MOC] "A Home for Anton" - My ReBuild of 21310

"A Home for Anton" is my ReBuild of 21310 LEGO Ideas "Old Fishing Store"

44473816461_e589d82f0a_c.jpg

His fireplace is built into a rocky crop on a hilltop near the seashore ...

44473815071_877bc2634a_c.jpg

Anton stores his fishing gear on his back porch ...

44473812041_b99a6c4aef_c.jpg

Anton sleeps up in his Loft.

44473810071_f3a8fa137c_c.jpg

Awake now, he has a cuppa Tea ...

44473809381_bb6273b65b_c.jpg

He hangs his favorite fisherman's sweater to dry near the back porch ...

44473804341_70a01bfb8a_c.jpg

Inside, he enjoys his fireplace, while kitty meows for food ...

29535828167_b3a3900f37_c.jpg

He waits for his smoked fish on the stone grill while enjoying some Lemonade ...

44473799201_c1273e34d2_c.jpg

Resting on a bench in front of his home, he tells kitty to stop pestering the Seagull.

This ReBuild uses only parts from the set 21310 -- if you have time, there's a few more photos in a flickr album, including one with the front wall off, roof up, and side wall open, plus one with the furniture items pulled out of his house.  Thanks for visiting!

I love the view of the front facing the sea. It creates a beautiful rustic lived in feel, perhaps even more so than the original set did. I love the stone grill, it looks like something that a person who lives in a beach shack would cobble together.

This is a really lovely little beach house you made from the Old Fishing Store set. I love all the details you added, like using the printed sign piece as a fireplace mat or the Ship's Wheel ceiling lamp.  Also, I happen to have an idea to make a similar outdoor grill/enclosed fire pit whenever I get around to converting my deck into a patio.

It's also nice to see that you're still around... Good to see a familiar face coming back from my prolonged absence. :)

On 9/5/2018 at 2:52 AM, bigginsd said:

I love the view of the front facing the sea. It creates a beautiful rustic lived in feel, perhaps even more so than the original set did. I love the stone grill, it looks like something that a person who lives in a beach shack would cobble together.

Glad you like the stone grill.  It's hard to build things like this to look 'cobbled together' without looking like a brick mess ;-)

On 9/5/2018 at 6:25 AM, Dragunov2 said:

Marvelous!

Thank you!

On 9/5/2018 at 9:12 AM, Laura Takayama said:

This is a really lovely little beach house you made from the Old Fishing Store set. I love all the details you added, like using the printed sign piece as a fireplace mat or the Ship's Wheel ceiling lamp.  Also, I happen to have an idea to make a similar outdoor grill/enclosed fire pit whenever I get around to converting my deck into a patio.

It's also nice to see that you're still around... Good to see a familiar face coming back from my prolonged absence. :)

Good to see you back ... in time to visit my creation.  Thanks for your kind words about the details; building with parts from 'only' one set for a ReBuild challenges a builder's cleverness in using just those bricks & elements.  I love a challenge!

Have you considered creating instructions, or a Studio or lxf file for this MOC? I love it, and would love to build it (and would pay a bit for the instructions).

That is an excellent MOC!  Have you used a single extra piece, and were there many leftovers?  Is this the first of a series you will be making, or just a one-off?

On 3/19/2019 at 5:12 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

That is an excellent MOC!  Have you used a single extra piece, and were there many leftovers?  Is this the first of a series you will be making, or just a one-off?

Thank you :-)  There were a healthy amount of leftovers, since this set has over 2,000 parts.  On smaller sets I do use 100% when I do an alt-build.  As for a series ... not sure if mean of this set, or in general alt-builds.  I started in 2012 doing alt-builds for some new sets then.

Sorry for only replying now, as I must have not rec'd notification of your post. :-)