LuxorV

[MOC] Kowalski Bakery - Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them

I recently acquired some HP CMFs, and those from Fantastic Beasts (except for Tina, who comes from the Dimensions set) inspired me to try my hand and build Jacob Kowalski's Bakery.

As far as I know (via Google search), up to now nobody really tried to re-create the whole thing in LEGO.

Please let me know what you think of it, and maybe get inspired to make your own versions. :classic:

42657084760_b9e8e58bb4_o.jpgKowalskiBakery_000 by LuxorV, su Flickr

29528522577_15a44daaac_o.jpgKowalskiBakery_004 by LuxorV, su Flickr

43556729745_f8cd04c54f_o.jpgKowalskiBakery_005 by LuxorV, su Flickr

Hope you like it, and thanks for watching.

It's fantastic (pun intended)
I never saw the movie so I don't know how accurate it is but it's very inspiring. Gives a lot of ideas :)

There is a nice picture of a model of it here for comparison:

zsiyzJA.jpg&key=e5ceb59470874b0f59339450

Aside from maybe some custom decals for the windows, the LEGO version looks pretty much perfect!

I wish LEGO would do floor tiles that can be laid as diamonds (45 degree rotated squares) rather than squares.

I think it looks great. Nice job on the interior. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, MAB said:

I wish LEGO would do floor tiles that can be laid as diamonds (45 degree rotated squares) rather than squares.

Do you mean this part and then 4 of them put together?

1 hour ago, TAFOL said:

While that would work, it produces a rather large "tile". Something similar in size to a 2x2 would be better. Until then, we keep having to have a false floor rotated by 45 degrees.

That looks great! About as accurate as you could get. I have Jacob being the new owner of the bakery in Assembly Square. 

7 hours ago, brew said:

It's fantastic (pun intended)
I never saw the movie so I don't know how accurate it is but it's very inspiring. Gives a lot of ideas :)

I'm glad you like it, as I really enjoied building it and experimenting with new ideas.

5 hours ago, MAB said:

There is a nice picture of a model of it here for comparison:

Aside from maybe some custom decals for the windows, the LEGO version looks pretty much perfect!

Indeed, that's the picture I used as a model during the build. Thanks for your kind words.

I completely agree on the floor tiles issue.

3 hours ago, TAFOL said:

I think it looks great. Nice job on the interior. :thumbup:

Thanks.

As MAB already said, those parts, while useful in larger dioramas, are a bit too big for smaller builds like this one, in my opinion.

28 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

That looks great! About as accurate as you could get. I have Jacob being the new owner of the bakery in Assembly Square. 

Thank you. I started by giving Jacob a re-furnished 'pizza/kebab turned into bakery' floor in the Sanctum from Infinity War, but then I felt it did not make justice to the very nice design in the film, and assembled a dedicated scene.

Amazing work on the bakery.I honestly haven´t seen the first or second "Fantastic Beasts..." movies but saw almost all HP movies when they came out (right now i´m rewatching them and working my way up the Wizarding World movie release timeline).

Your bakery looks amazing,all those delightful details are mouthwatering.

Also had to smile because of seeing the iffler lurking around the corner to wait for an unsuspecting customer dropping some change :D

Any plans on continuing it into a full building or at least a full facade?

Thank you, badchriss.

I like to put little details, like the lurking niffler in this case, in my MOCs, as I think they add to the overall appearence.

My aim was to build just the bakery, to give the characters a small background, I have no plans for a full building or facade, at least for now.

That looks very good.

I've got the idea Tina is very dedicated to hotdogs if she still wants to eat them when she can get something from Jacobs shop.