Klaus-Dieter

Star Wars license discussion

Like Star wars itself, they will milk the cow with endless milk. Except the milk that comes out is twenty dollar puree :laugh:

But there really are a lot of models they haven't covered and they've been fine with remakes.

I have 2 things to say...

1. Those are some nice ending sets with some really jumbled up characters... (Secret Apprentice with Qui Gon? What were they thinking!) And I'm curious to see what this Anikan statue thing is... is it like the Luke Skywalker Hoth thing? Or does it have pieces

2. How do you know its going to be Pippi Longstocking? Thats pretty random... :/

Over and out,

:devil: alexrider7 :devil:

what the @#$% is lego doing they will lose millons of dollers. i fell like slaping the ceo of lego in the face. so grab your pichforks and from a riot to get back are beloved lego star wars :devil::devil:

p.s may the force be with us :vader:

Lucas, I would think, would be smart enough to renew their license. Agreeing with posts above there are dozens of sets that they could create in the future.

As well, talking about the upcoming Star Wars TV series this article here has some interesting news:

http://themovieblog.com/2009/03/star-wars-...ies-coming-soon

I thought it was quite exciting news considering the exploration of the universe they could create as a Star Wars fan and as well the possibilities for future Lego sets.

I think the license will continue. As LEGO themselves know that this is the best selling theme so do Lucas earn a lot from these LEGO Star Wars sets that we are buying.

Besides, there are so many character and set that LEGO not yet release or re-release.

Edited by baby

what the @#$% is lego doing they will lose millons of dollers. i fell like slaping the ceo of lego in the face. so grab your pichforks and from a riot to get back are beloved lego star wars :devil::devil:

Wow.

You haven't read the topic at all, have you?

Read, think, think and then think some more before you post like that again.

p.s may the force be with us :vader:

Im in, lets rush Lego headquarters and take turns slapping the CEO in the face until he decides to bring Lego Starwars back :tongue:

And yes we will need the power of the force :vader::yoda: , espesially with pippi longsocks or whatever shes called coming along :hmpf:

Edited by Broadside

Keep it up and I'll slap your face with a time-out.

Let's keep this discussion clean of such childish outboursts

Stay On Target!

Everyone knows it won't for a while, because Star Wars itself will always be alive, and so the epic circle of Star Wars will continue throughout the generations! :tongue:

It will definately, there are more Star Wars TV shows coming out, pus Lego does want to make money, don't they? :laugh:

I think they will renew the license for at least a couple of years.

Especially with the new live action series coming up next year.

It has turned out a profit for both companies, so no stop unless it drops. But with so many hardcore fans that will not happen soon.

I think they will renew the license for at least a couple of years.

Especially with the new live action series coming up next year.

Bah! It didn't save good ol' Batman. There's also a new cartoon now, 2 games ahead and a new film. But they closed it.

Still, it's obvious that TLC won't do the same thing with Lego Star Wars. ) :classic:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Well, I dont think they will since Star wars is the one that attracts the most money with the new outrageous prices. :classic:

Well, I dont think they will since Star wars is the one that attracts the most money with the new outrageous prices. :classic:

Indeed so. ) :thumbup:

Though I don't hesitate a moment before buying the next CW set. Even being obviously overpriced, they are worth such money, for all the fun they give us! :classic:

If something is expensive and we can't afford it, it's not overpriced. Lots of people are buying CW Lego, from the sales standpoint they seem to like the price.

Bah! It didn't save good ol' Batman. There's also a new cartoon now, 2 games ahead and a new film. But they closed it.

Still, it's obvious that TLC won't do the same thing with Lego Star Wars. ) :classic:

That had to do with Batman getting too dark and evil in "Batman Begins" & "The Dark Knight".

Better get back on topic :blush:

That had to do with Batman getting too dark and evil in "Batman Begins" & "The Dark Knight".

Better get back on topic :blush:

Your right. The only reason Batman was discontinued was low sales and the inability of LEGO to release any movie-themed sets. That said, there is no such problem with SW, the sets are still going strong, and with the CW series as well as the forthcoming live-action one, I don't see this line ending soon. But, my mind won't be at ease until a renewed license agreement is announced.

I am also very disappointed that TLC is ending their contract with Lucas Film Arts. Its too bad that there is no chance that the contract will be extended. I am excited what TLC has to bring to us for the new series Pippi Langstocking?

LegoKing

Sorry for the nonsence KimT

Edited by LegoKing

I am so excited for Pippi Langstocking Lego! NOT :pir_bawling:. I have never even heard about Pippi Langstocking before. I can say for sure that the Pippi Langstocking series is not going to be as nearly as good as Star Wars. LONG LIVE STAR WARS LEGO!!!!!!!!!

LegoKing

And this contributes to our discussion on the Star Wars license in which manner? :hmpf_bad:

Please refrain from posting such a load of nonsense again :hmpf:

I am also very disappointed that TLC is ending their contract with Lucas Film Arts. Its too bad that there is no chance that the contract will be extended.

The point of the topic is whether or not TLC will continue the license, so what you're saying isnt true. It isnt decided yet. :hmpf_bad:

i think TLC would be use tricks like....

announce the licence ended 2011.. :wacko:

then we guys like crazy buying sets to collect :grin:

(it might clear the stock of SW sets which did not sell very well, which TLC love to see this happed :wink: )

or lots of BP to build up our army and stuff TLC 's pocket at the same time.

After the license ended for two years or shorter, announce the reintroduce of the SW line!!!! :skull: :skull: :skull:

and we guys continue buy the coming up sets.

PS: if i am one of the decision maker of the TLC, i ABSOLUTELY do so.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :sick:

Sorry but I think You're wrong.

The license has to be renewed every now and then.

That's how licenses normally work and this is no exception.

The license has already been renewed a few years ago and in 2000 and something they'll have to go over the contract once more.

I am sure they'll renew it at least once more for another 3 year period.

I don't really understand why ANYBODY really believe that Lego won't pay for a new license extension?

Let's face it, the Star Wars Lego sets are by far, by Far, by FAR the most popular, wanted, anticipated, and best-selling Lego sets! Star Wars is beyond question the most popular Lego theme ever, and if Lego didn't renew that license, their sales would absolutely PLUMMET. Just from watching the ebb and flow of stock at stores, it's pretty easy to see that Lego Star Wars is at LEAST 50% of all Lego sales in America. At least!!

Unless LFL expressly refuses a new license, I consider it unthinkable that Lego Star Wars will end in 2011.

Unless LFL expressly refuses a new license, I consider it unthinkable that Lego Star Wars will end in 2011.

Which is the same conclusion we reached 20+ days ago.

Congrats on reviving a topic :thumbup:

Which is the same conclusion we reached 20+ days ago.

Congrats on reviving a topic :thumbup:

I'm actually glad he revived it. My topic on the license was merged into this one. This is like my baby!

If the license does end in 2011 then some one will HAVE to make a new star wars clone wars film or star wars episode 7? :sceptic::tongue::wacko::tongue::laugh:

what about the adventures of the GREAT clone commanders :grin:

EH!!! what do you think :grin:

CommanderFox