Shadows

"A Pirate's Life!" Contest - Discussion Thread

Ok i've used a lighter picture. Can't get a new one today as it's too dark for natural light now. Tell me if you think it's ok.

I'd retake the pic until it's clearer.

Here's a thread on how to take better pics of your lego creations that i've found helpful.

P

I've been thinking, while an impulse entry below 25 peices is more than possible, a small with less than a hundred and especially a "large" with 200 pieces seems a bit of a low estimate for brick count.

For example, according to Greenhair the Armada Falgship has 280 pieces and I was planning on building a ship around that size for a big set entry.

I've been thinking, while an impulse entry below 25 peices is more than possible, a small with less than a hundred and especially a "large" with 200 pieces seems a bit of a low estimate for brick count.

For example, according to Greenhair the Armada Falgship has 280 pieces and I was planning on building a ship around that size for a big set entry.

I must say i agree on this, a medium sized set would be about a 150 pieces and a large one about 300 IMO.

Considering using 5 figs and 2 animals...that's already 22 pieces.....

And yes, the armada flagship has 280 pieces, according to peeron.

Oh, so you guys wanna change the piece caps, ay?

Well my 200 pc "ship" will take on both of your 300 pc ships :-P

P

Yeah, or why not just 865 like the BSB? We are to design a pirate set that could be taken in to production, right?X-D

I must say i agree on this, a medium sized set would be about a 150 pieces and a large one about 300 IMO.

Excellent spirit there, Mr. Phred! Hopefully these ladies laddies X-D will find a way to live up to the challenge and match that!

Yes, the gauntlet has been thrown down, it has indeed. :-P

Despite hosting the contest, I will build entries. Not official entries, as I won't be in the voting, but I will also furnish a decent 200pc ship for the large class.

Excellent spirit there, Mr. Phred! Hopefully these ladies laddies

i am hoping that was not meant to insult them, in fact calling them ladies in my opinion would be to complement them...

i am hoping that was not meant to insult them, in fact calling them ladies in my opinion would be to complement them...

As a fellow Captain, you should know good natured name calling on the high seas, so don't get your panties in a knot! ;-)

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Honestly, who you trying to impress here? Looking for a date, are ya?

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Honestly, who you trying to impress here? Looking for a date, are ya?

You two ought to head over to the Ladies thead and troll for Aussie chicks >:-)

I am not trying to impress any body, but you may want to considering impressing Alice, as she is reading along...

And the ladies thread is doing fine for itself thank you... and i said Canadians!, (thinks to self) maybe i am trying to impress them?

And with this post being nu. 100 i think i am going to be upgraded! yay I WAS YAY

oh btw Hinckley was that an offer? (sneeks back off to the ladies topic)

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

you may want to considering impressing Alice, as she is reading along...

Don't worry, I keep Alice more than impressed. >:-) ;-)

oh btw Hinckley was that an offer?

Such a setup line... MUST RESIST. >:-)

:-$

You two ought to head over to the Ladies thead and troll for Aussie chicks >:-)

There ain't enough rum on this pirate ship...

I am not trying to impress any body, but you may want to considering impressing Alice, as she is reading along...

And the ladies thread is doing fine for itself thank you... and i said Canadians!, (thinks to self) maybe i am trying to impress them?

And with this post being nu. 100 i think i am going to be upgraded! yay I WAS YAY

oh btw Hinckley was that an offer? (sneeks back off to the ladies topic)

Oh boy, another fun one. |-/ What's with all you fun new members? Aren't there boring people around here anymore? Is it too much to ask for a crappy sense of humor?

X-D <--Look out, a pirate! I can't tell if he's happy or mad, or if his jaws been wired shut.

Has anyone entered this contest yet?

I feel spammy... :-X

ah a nice attempt to bring it back to topic...

Is it too much to ask for a crappy sense of humor?

you really gotta stop cracking on to Aussies!

Now on topic, i am assuming the limit of pieces is remaining at 200 then...

:-$

There ain't enough rum on this pirate ship...

That's exactly what you said before that little incident in Puerto Bricko...

One entry and a lot of "working on it."

Now on topic, i am assuming the limit of pieces is remaining at 200 then...

Aye, that it be. What good is a contest without a challenge?

P

Well it just so happens I know it will! Cause I'm building something poor and defenceless. Dunno what yet but argh it'll be poor and defenceless I tell yee!

Ahh :'-)

Our little vassals are growing up. X-D

But a kind word of caution, don't try posting like crazy to get your post count up like Hinckley does. :-P

Most admin don't like that very much.

I feel spammy... :-X

I have just finished the Impulse and Small entries. I will take the pictures tonight. Do you have the include the number of pieces in the entry? I know I didn't use more than 100 pieces, but I can't remember how many pieces I have used.

I think I have good entries. The Small entry doesn't look like a thing LEGO would release, oh, whatever. :p

oh, i am not posting for numbers, i have a project due soon and i am procrastinating to the maximum, this forum is doing me wonders... I have read the how to behave in here and I am gracious of your caution. I do not want to be banned due to over posting but i do believe my all posts are of reasonable content and not just number boosters.

I was unsure if stasis would change automatically or not. Hence i included that in my post.

But enough about me... will some one please make a fishing boat entry for me! I have no hulls and was thinking a fishing boat would be a great entry...

Ps i think it best to include the number of pieces.

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

oh, i am not posting for numbers, i have a project due soon and i am procrastinating to the maximum, this forum is doing me wonders... I have read the how to behave in here and I am gracious of your caution. I do not want to be banned due to over posting but i do believe my all posts are of reasonable content and not just number boosters.

Well never mind then. ;-)

Edit: Oops! This is what i wanted to quote! :-D

But enough about me... will some one please make a fishing boat entry for me! I have no hulls and was thinking a fishing boat would be a great entry...

That's a great idea, *y*

it's too bad mine is almost done with something else completely. 8-|

Hopefully someone else will steal your idea. X-D

P

Damn, then I have to put all the Small one apart. Oh well, first take the pictures.

For the Impulse I have built a small boat and for the Small a rock island with a treasure in it.

As sand, what are you guys using? Tan or yellow? I am still choosing which is best.

Edited by Matn

That's a great idea, *y*

That it is. Been a good idea ever since I posted it in the Entry Thread ;-)

Be sure to specify the piece count and class of your entry, Impulse, Small, or Large.

I'm also pleased to note that Duke, our first entry, followed that rule to the letter. *y*

Ok, in the future I will read the first post better. ;-)

I have changed my Small one. My Small and Large entry will be modular to each other. X-D

Look who's back :pir_angry:

I've missed out so far; I'll see what I can come up with *sing*

But I'm a bit peeved about the lack of shipability - I'd have liked to have more than 200 pieces to build the next SES! X-D

But a kind word of caution, don't try posting like crazy to get your post count up like Hinckley does. :-P

Most admin don't like that very much.

I cringe when I look at my post count. I could've been doing something productive with that time. :'-(