Sign in to follow this  
PaulC

LDD: Cars, Caravans and ...a Dalek?!

indexed.gif V-LV-11A TO V-LV-11D

I've been playing around with Lego Digital Designer this weekend. However, I like to prototype my creations in real bricks too. Please note: All the creations below have been uploaded to my Lego Factory Gallery and will appear there as soon as they've been moderated. You can download the .lxf files and even order a few copies there if you want.

First up, a while back I saw that Calvin had come up with a really simple cheap car design that could be ordered from Lego Factory. It was a great idea and I've tweaked it a little and come up with my own version. It's very similar so I guess you could claim that the General Block Corporation from my town has indulged in a little industial espionage and "borrowed" the design from Legoda Motors in Legoland! :'-(

2373857495_27ea829101.jpg

This is a bog standard car that's cheap enough for your regular wage slaves. It has room for one suitcase in the back, and side doors are not even available as an extra-cost option! :-D

2374693074_031a4fb069.jpg

The car is available in a large range of colours and styles and is designed so that you can populate your town with large variety of vehicles for very little money.

2374693432_3c28693db7.jpg

2374693622_53334d4d41.jpg

The relative prices are something like this:

Tan: £3.39

Blue: £3.39

Light Grey: £3.39

Red: £3.42

White: £3.47

Vintage Black Model: £3.62

Rare Yellow Model: £3.74

Modern Dark Grey: £3.87

A deluxe version of the car is available. This has been designed so that you can replace the side panels with doors if you have them.

2373858947_dd8d49c3c6.jpg

Extra features include: front fender, towing hook, opening hood with powerful 2-cylinder engine :-D , leather seat and room for two suitcases.

2374695048_94968df0e4.jpg

Here you can see the design similarity of recent products from the General Block Corporation:

2373859323_edc156afda.jpg

Of course a towing hook needs something to tow, so I have designed this nifty caravan which is available seperately or together with the deluxe car.

2373859675_7a13ecff0c.jpg

Inside is a bed, wash basin, stove and storage space. You will have to add the tap, pot and cups from your own bricks.

2374695432_814f029333.jpg

The two tan cylinders can be placed under the tow bar to prop up the caravan when it's parked. The perfect home away from home!

2373858413_b2c07d473a.jpg

Except when the Daleks invade! Eeeek! :-D

2373858763_9689773213.jpg

My Dalek design is inspired by CaseWindu's excellent design. You will have to add the claw and lightsabre hilt yourself.

2373858543_0257e19582.jpg

Edited by Phred

Dammit Paul, you keep making me want to spend my money on your designs! I love the cars, the caravan and your Dalek is ace - better than mine anyway.

I feel so inadequate now....

*sweet*

Dr. S.

You can count that I will buy the deluxe car with motor home thing. *y*

You can count that I will buy the deluxe car with motor home thing. *y*
Thanks!
Dammit Paul, you keep making me want to spend my money on your designs! I love the cars, the caravan and your Dalek is ace - better than mine anyway.
Bwa Ha Ha Hahahaha! It's all part of my evil scheme for world domination! :-D My advice would be not to spend any money on these cool cars, but instead save it up... because I've got a stonking new APC in the works!!!
I feel so inadequate now....
You may not think MOCs are your strong suit but I really love the stuff you've built, and not many people could come up with something as consistently funny as Grunts. Edited by PaulC

Sweet! *sweet* I like the caravan best! When will they be available to buy? Also, my stupid computer doesn't want to download LDD instructions! >:-( Could you possibly PM me some pics of the caravan partially assembled? I simply *wub* the caravan. Everything else is great too!

Edited by kill will

Very fine car variations, especially your deluxe version with the working hood, and the trailer´s simply lovely. :'-) The Dalek´s one of the best I´ve ever seen, too. *y*

Great stuff, Paul! Love the trailer and car designs, and the Dalek is really neat! (and I haven't even watched Dr. Who! *wacko* )

Now, I'd like to see someone do the same thing, but make a compact truck instead. Anyone up to it? ;-)

Thanks again all for your kind comments.

Sweet! *sweet* I like the caravan best! When will they be available to buy?
They're waiting for moderation at Lego.com, so they should appear in a day or two.
Could you possibly PM me some pics of the caravan partially assembled?
Maybe, but I'm real busy at the moment (that's the trouble with being an AFOL, real life keeps getting in the way)! It may be one or two weeks before I can do that.
Now, I'd like to see someone do the same thing, but make a compact truck instead. Anyone up to it? ;-)
Do you mean something like this?

2376007625_e1dd9265de.jpg

Those cars are good idea to populate cities. *y*

I *wub* the design of the deluxe car.

I also really like the caravan,but it a bit has to many windows in my opinion.

PaulC, your car is so nice that I did some "special" versions:

basic_cars_by_paulc.jpg

from up to bottom: medical car, police car and fire car.

Hope you like :-)

Thanks again all for your kind comments.

They're waiting for moderation at Lego.com, so they should appear in a day or two.

Maybe, but I'm real busy at the moment (that's the trouble with being an AFOL, real life keeps getting in the way)! It may be one or two weeks before I can do that.

Do you mean something like this?

2376007625_e1dd9265de.jpg

Yes, exactly! *y*

Your special designs are great too, Salvobrick. All these cute cars are awesome! *sweet*

I knew that dalek looked familiar! You've made some great new additions to it mind but i'm glad I could inspire! ;-)

Your cars are lovely I really love the 4-wide little cars from the 80's and these really stay true to the originals! I love the way the bonnet can open on one of them also a great little feature! ;-)

Edited by casewindu

Thanks again for your coments all. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond but I've been away. Here we go...

PaulC, your car is so nice that I did some "special" versions:

from up to bottom: medical car, police car and fire car.

Hope you like :-)

I do! Nice work Salvobrick.
Really cool stuff! I might go and buy the deluxe car and caravan, the truck, and a few Daleks.
Unfortunately you won't be able to get the Dalek from Lego Factory as they have refused my design on the grounds that "it infringes someone else's copyright". If I get the time, I'll post a parts list so that people can build their own.
Hey these are fantastic! :) Legoda want to buy out General Block Motors!!!
The General Block Corporation are doing so well from their arms sales to neighbouring towns that their market position is far too strong for them to be bought out at the moment. In fact they might soon be in a position to buy out Legoda! :grin:

These are fantastic, PaulC! Cute little cars perfect for filling up that town display you've got, and with a great amount of variety to stop things getting repetitive! Really cool, and that Ute is neat too, these are great! If onyl I had a town set-up for them to go in! :grin:

~Peace