Hi everyone,

I have build a landscape of 1 by 1 meter based on the Fright Knights.

The landscape will be shown at Lego World in the Netherlands in October.

In the landscape is a ruin on the right back corner, which is based on set 6087.

The Castle is based on set 6097 (of course) and I wanted the rocks be similar to those in the catalogs from 1997.

In the left part of the rocks is a dragon head that can move forward and back. If it moves forward the mouth will open.

It is powered by PF. On the top are a few small houses, which are based on the houses in the Lego Game: Lego Racers.

In the front is a forest which is the territory of the Dark Forest. The Royal Knights are attacking the Fright Knights.

30481263818_3b6b2e9cf2_c.jpg 

For more pictures, go to my Flickr album.

Feedback and questions are welcome. :classic:

Sander 

Cool.  I like the dragon cave and those trees!  The rock work is a little too smooth (all studs-up slopes) for my taste, but it does have an interesting look to it.  Nice play features and fun details throughout.  :classic:

Hm... this is tasty! Really nice, I especially like the rusty trees. Autumn's coming.

The autumn colors of the forest really compliment the main castle nicely. The rock builds are also well done. Does the castle have an interior?

Great scene.  Love all the trees and the landscaping is fantastic especially the pond area with the cattails.  The rockwork is amazing, it all flows so well together.  The ruin part to the right is a nice addition to the scene. The castle itself looks really good too.  I like the tower and the front part are there better pictures of the back side of this?  

Thank you all for your comments. :sweet:

I am glad that the forest worked out this way.

I noticed that I am always too carefull, when it comes to mixing colors. :laugh:

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:40 PM, deraven said:

Cool.  I like the dragon cave and those trees!  The rock work is a little too smooth (all studs-up slopes) for my taste, but it does have an interesting look to it.  Nice play features and fun details throughout.  :classic:

The rock work is smooth, I know. I wanted to make the rocks less rough, so people would focus on the dragon head, houses and castle.

10 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

The autumn colors of the forest really compliment the main castle nicely. The rock builds are also well done. Does the castle have an interior?

Yes, but there are no pictures yet. They will come. :wink:

8 hours ago, zoth33 said:

I like the tower and the front part are there better pictures of the back side of this?  

The backside of the rock work is a nice colorful creation of red, yellow, magenta and Medium Lavender bricks. It is not interesting. :wink:

Gorgeous display! I love that you were able to keep some of the iconic Fright Knights design characteristics, namely the concave red roofs! I love seeing nostalgic MOCs and layouts but it sometimes can be a bummer when a re-imagining of a classic space or castle theme only keeps the original theme's color scheme and logos rather than other defining motifs.

The autumn leaves definitely add to the distinctive spooky character of the layout, as does the craggy, barren plateau on which the tower is constructed. Great work!

Thank you, @Aanchir.

The old catalogs were the inspiration source for this landscape.

The rock plateau was a must for this theme, such as the structure and colors of the castle.

The forest was inspired by the North America catalog of 1996 with the Dark Forest, but I wanted to build an autumn forest. That was something I haven't done before.

This is really good, the Fright Knights was one of my favorite LEGO themes back when I was a kid, and you totally nailed the original look. I like that you chose a colorful forest and the iconic design of the roofs. :thumbup:

On 3-9-2018 at 23:21, BrickJagger said:

De herfstkleuren van het bos vormen een mooie aanvulling op het hoofdkasteel. De rotsblokken zijn ook goed gedaan. Heeft het kasteel een interieur?

This is a bit late, but I took a picture last weekend.

The throne, candles and table with silver sword are visable. 

Behind the throne is a fireplace, but it is not visable. :grin:

46702014242_b0c3504127.jpg

12 minutes ago, sander1992 said:

This is a bit late, but I took a picture last weekend.

The throne, candles and table with silver sword are visable. 

Behind the throne is a fireplace, but it is not visable. :grin:

Ooh, lovely throne! That said, the gentle convex curves seem kind of peculiar given the otherwise spooky look of the build. Even the Elves theme with its much softer and more comfortable aesthetic, Ragana Shadowflame's throne in https://brickset.com/sets/41180-1/ and Cronan Darkroot's in https://brickset.com/sets/41188-1/ felt much more spooky and aggressive.

While you seem to be doing a wonderful job keeping to more of a 90s aesthetic than those sets' spike pieces would allow, I do think it might be a slight improvement to swap the curve pieces for straight slopes to give the throne a more angular look. It's a shame there aren't any 1x2 concave curve elements like the ones Fright Knights used so often for its roof shapes… those would also be a nice way to really communicate the Fright Knights design language.

By the way, is the lighting in this interior picture built into the model (e.g. with transparent yellow windows or a yellow light brick), or is it just the ambient color of the lighting in the room where you took the photo? It's definitely very spooky!

Thank you @Aanchir.

I don't know why I used the curved arch's. I just did it, I think. :look:

The chair in the official set 'Night Lords Castle' was pretty simple and I wanted to recreate his throne, but with a small difference.

The lighting is done by 4 PF leds with 1x1 trans orange bricks to give the proper color.

Incredible job!:classic: It really gives that dry, disastrous, devastated feeling (in a good way)!:dangry: Sorry for late respond!:look:

And a late response from me. :laugh:

Thanks a lot! It was a fun build and a nice moment to experiment with some colors.