Frostbricks

Harry Potter & the wonderfully (Small) world of Hogwarts

These are from a new project I've started. I love minifigures, I love Harry Potter, so I wanted to create a the experience of life at Hogwarts. Not just pretty MOCs, But the feeling of being there, alongside them in a magical small world.

The goal is to have a separate one for each of the Harry Potter CMFs, and so far it's been a lot of fun, and a lot of learning.

And definitely more to come.

Cho Chang

Neville and the screaming Mandrake

Sybil Trelawney

Street corners revisited

Scabbers and cheese

Nice builds, like it.
I've seen some interesting techniques :wink: gives me new ideas.

What are those stones (pic of the girl in green dress) the ones under the candles? I've never seen them. And how did you do that making the candles burn?

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Looking good. ^^

And I see the Doctor in that pic with Credence and Graves. :P

Yeah, not a lot of generic minifigs in fleshtone. And somehow I think he fits, so...

2 hours ago, neonic said:

Nice builds, like it.
I've seen some interesting techniques :wink: gives me new ideas.

What are those stones (pic of the girl in green dress) the ones under the candles? I've never seen them. And how did you do that making the candles burn?

With the teacups? (Sybil Trelawney) The gemstones and candles came out of the new Great Hall set. As for making them glow, LED lights hidden behind (You can see the wires there if you look close) because not using Photoshop, and getting it all set up 'right' before clicking the shutter is part of the goal with it.

Edit, just realised you probably mean the ones holding the candles. They're modified 1x1 bricks. Have appeared in a few sets, and those there were also from the Great Hall set.

Edited by Frostbricks

These are great!! I love the small details, the lighting effects and the rain drops on the window in the Ron pic. Also the photography is spot on!!

Looking forward to seeing more!!

9 hours ago, Isherwood said:

These are great. I love how you've used the wand pieces to create the gothic windows in Cho's scene.

First thing I thought of when I saw them. (The keys-on-sprue also look awesome used that way too. Had used them previously for similar, but they need a 4 stud wide space) I'm going to have to get more Harry sets just for the wands :D