Lox Lego

Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster + Instructions

You’re looking at the Aventador SVJ Roadster, the ultimate V12 Lambo and currently the fastest production car around the mighty Nurburgring.

Instructionshttps://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-17698/Loxlego/lamborghini-aventador-svj-roadster/ 

44361762731_15325040e0_b.jpgExclusive 1 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Unveiled at the start of the Monterey car week, Lamborghini’s new flagship focuses on three things; aerodynamics, lightweight construction and increased power – and it features one of the biggest wings we’ve seen on a factory spec car.

43667091854_e1d97a2846_b.jpgLamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster- engineering meets art by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

This supercar features rear wheel drive, a mighty V12 with blue pistons, launch control :wink:, 2 speed selector, front lights, 2 XL motors for drive, 2 M-motors hidden in the framework for each lambo door, 2 Lipo batteries, 2 Sbricks, servo motor for steering, torsion bar suspension, opening hood and engine cover, and loaded with chrome as far as the eye can see.

30517037398_22ec4bd1af_b.jpgLamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster- interior by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

A huge shout out to @DugaldIC, @KD123 and Ilea Alex for ideas, suggestions and help throughout the build.

42575972850_13d76cca86_b.jpgDesert sky - red chrome - Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

I have purchased all these awesome chrome rims, actuators and more from Bubul chrome shop - the best prices and quality! Check out his store here: https://store.bricklink.com/Bubul 

44335824332_01114bd8d9_b.jpgLamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster- exposed by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Regarding the 2 speed, this is a very large car and it puts a bit of strain on the drive system. If you move the car slowly at first to pickup speed, the gearing works. If you slam drive on full the clutch gear can slip. I will be creating instructions for a direct drive option if you want top speed with 2 buwizz :) 

43667283564_b6370419a5_b.jpgLamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster- red chrome for miles by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

43659648684_95363df1e5_b.jpgLamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster - Custom MOC by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

30509177148_47f7ab941b_b.jpgLamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster - Custom MOC by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

29468313117_f1b7c25588_b.jpgLamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

It may be another panel based Technic car, but those rear lights made from carrot tops are just brilliant!

Spectacular lights, especially the rear lights - I like both variations, nice interior details :thumbup:! Critics: the overall proportions and scale are off though, the wheels look way too small = the car too large. It´s missing the characteristic lines and inclinations at the right spots. The wheel arches look not so nice in the beams-over-flexy style, the rear arch and surrounding sections not in harmony, sorry for the long rear end as well. All that being said, it shouldn´t bother you too much, because your priorities clearly have seemed to be focusing on the color combo with the blue parts, other creative experiments such as editing and stuff :wink:.

Another excellent recreation.  I kind of agree with brunojj1 that "overall" the car doesn't have the right lines and curves or essence of the SVJ.  The rear Quarter panel area actually reminds me of a fourth generation Camaro.  In some places it just seems a bit rushed or extra time could have been taken for refinement.

The front end to me looks amazing though.  I think you did a really good job on the hood and entire front of the car getting all the linear shapes.  The dark azure really pops in the picture and as already mentioned, the carrot pieces looks like it was made for the rear lights.

Not your best looking model IMO but job well done. :thumbup:

Very interesting color combination and really good details for car that I do not particularly like. :thumbup:

I agree with Brunojj1 and technic_addict but my english didn´t allow me to say it without can be wrong interpreted, it is a great MOC but it seems below your average skill level.

On 8/31/2018 at 11:33 AM, Aventador2004 said:

Looks pretty realistic on most areas, but the wing is missing?

Hey Aventador! The first photo was a portrait shot that I took and it blurred rear wing. 

23 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Spectacular lights, especially the rear lights - I like both variations, nice interior details :thumbup:! Critics: the overall proportions and scale are off though, the wheels look way too small = the car too large. It´s missing the characteristic lines and inclinations at the right spots. The wheel arches look not so nice in the beams-over-flexy style, the rear arch and surrounding sections not in harmony, sorry for the long rear end as well. All that being said, it shouldn´t bother you too much, because your priorities clearly have seemed to be focusing on the color combo with the blue parts, other creative experiments such as editing and stuff :wink:.

Hey Bruno! Thanks for your comments. The car is very close to the real car, as seen below. Many cars have a much smaller wheel compared to the rest of the car, so it may seem it’s too high but it’s actually to scale. 

29468301587_55c729bee8_z.jpgLamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster- photo overlay by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

22 hours ago, technic_addict said:

Another excellent recreation.  I kind of agree with brunojj1 that "overall" the car doesn't have the right lines and curves or essence of the SVJ.  The rear Quarter panel area actually reminds me of a fourth generation Camaro.  In some places it just seems a bit rushed or extra time could have been taken for refinement.

The front end to me looks amazing though.  I think you did a really good job on the hood and entire front of the car getting all the linear shapes.  The dark azure really pops in the picture and as already mentioned, the carrot pieces looks like it was made for the rear lights.

Not your best looking model IMO but job well done. :thumbup:

This car was definitely me stretching the limits of design and styling. I try to create different styles in ways that haven’t been done before, even if it may stray from the original design a bit. 

56 minutes ago, dokludi said:

Very nice Lamborghini replica. The lights are great! Congratulations to.

Cheers mate - was stoked the rear lights fit the size and requirements. 

43688221634_dfa54fb435_b.jpgLamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

1 minute ago, Lox Lego said:

Hey Aventador! The first photo was a portrait shot that I took and it blurred rear wing

Oh, I hadn't seen the other photos because I had slow internet, but I see it now.

13 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

Nice looking car and plenty of chrome!! Are you planning instructions for this baby? I might have to take the Eleanor apart to build it!

Hey! Yes definaltey will be making instructions. And I have a feeling this one has like 90% of the same parts as the Eleanor :sweet:  

Edited by Lox Lego

Hey all! The instructions are complete. Check it out if you're interested! 

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-17698/Loxlego/lamborghini-aventador-svj-roadster/

42845268770_35a2cd3fc8_b.jpgLamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster - Chrome parts by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

You can find all of the chrome parts you see above at Bubul bricklink store - great price and selection- 
If you would like a custom chrome part made - Bubul is happy to chrome the part you need. Check it out!
https://store.bricklink.com/Bubul

3 different Gear options are avail for the Aventador. 

#1 - Fixed gear 1:1 ratio - slower speed - Good for 1 batteries 
#2 - Fixed gear 1:1.6 ratio - faster speed - works well with 1 or 2 buwizz or Lipo batteries for best performance

#3 - Gear selector - works well with 1 or 2 lipo batteries or 1 buwizz