Cwetqo

Official LEGO statement regarding Master Builder Series

22 minutes ago, Mylenium said:

Nope, it wasn't, at least here in Germany. And that's the point: If official LEGO Ambassadors have to inquire on their private backroom forum and do not get an answer for days (!), then something is afoul. And yes, I agree with @shotgunmcos - if it was really planned, why isn't there even a quick & dirty sticker on the package? This reeks of a last-minute scramble no matter how you spin it.

Mylenium

Huh.

That's bizzare.

For the US release they announced it as Master Builder from day one so for me none of the above is news. 

Well then I agree totally. They needed to have made it clear from the beginning. The fact the box doesn't have it marked as special is also terrible.

I seriously wonder what happened because while I could be wrong, I do think the concept of it being a seperate playset line was always the case. Communication between design departments failed somewhere.

Edited by Forresto

3 hours ago, Mylenium said:

Nope, it wasn't, at least here in Germany. And that's the point: If official LEGO Ambassadors have to inquire on their private backroom forum and do not get an answer for days (!), then something is afoul. And yes, I agree with @shotgunmcos - if it was really planned, why isn't there even a quick & dirty sticker on the package? This reeks of a last-minute scramble no matter how you spin it.

Mylenium

The English language description definitely had it included from day one. We've been discussing a lot in the Cloud City thread. 

Also, at the end of the day, who cares? They could have decided on the new naming convention 2 years ago, or 2 weeks ago. The labelling is entirely arbitrary. It doesn't change what the set it.

Yes, of course they could have called it "Pink fluffy Unicorn Series" or whatever, but it remains a pretty huge mess-up, at least for the confusion it caused here in Germany.

Mylenium

Just to be clear: 

On august 21st, TLG posted Press release on LAN and other Fan media, which included "This amazing set is part of the LEGO® Star Wars Master Builder Series."

First response (that same day) on that post was ambassador from Zussamengebaut (followed by many others) asking what does "Master Builder Series" mean and is meant to replace UCS or is it new series.

Two days after that, Kim came back with reply that statement is being prepared by TLG SW team and that we will get it in the middle of next week (so around 29th).

Exactly one week later (on thursday, 30th), official statement was posted.

My opinion is that this statement was prepared just as reaction to question, posted by ambassadors and that it was originlnly not planned to make any statements on this topic.

I have never understood why anyone wasted any energy caring about what Lego labels their sets. I'm either gonna buy it, or not buy it. Mostly I just buy them.

I fully agree. But a lot seem to care about it, so I posted it. 

It will help those who are collecting "all" UCS sets, so they will not need to buy another "assault on hoth"-esque set.

1 hour ago, Cwetqo said:

It will help those who are collecting "all" UCS sets, so they will not need to buy another "assault on hoth"-esque set.

This is another part I don't understand. If you don't like something, why buy it? 

It seems silly to spend hundreds on something you don't like just so you have all the toys in a particular range.