Sign in to follow this  
eurotrash

MOC: Marooned!

Recommended Posts

I've been thinking about building a pulp-fiction sci fi book cover from the 1950's for a while, but I found it difficult to build a 2D version.  So, in the spirit of coloring outside the lines I built a 3D version and ignored the book covers boundaries.

Hope you enjoy it!

 

MOC: Marooned!

 

More stuff and nonsense on Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eurotrash48903/

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely build! I think crossing the boundaries, as you call it, actually works very well. Makes the creation pop out more, if that makes sense. Is this based on an actual movie by the way? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2018 at 7:20 PM, Hollander said:

Lovely build! I think crossing the boundaries, as you call it, actually works very well. Makes the creation pop out more, if that makes sense. Is this based on an actual movie by the way? 

Thanks for the kind words.  No, it's not based on an actual movie..... but if it was I'd be the first in the queue to watch it! :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 4:43 PM, eurotrash said:

Thanks for the kind words.  No, it's not based on an actual movie..... but if it was I'd be the first in the queue to watch it! :)

 

Well, it surely looks like it could be a real movie! Also I forgot to mention the crutch, which is a nice detail; it gives the impression the character has a story to tell. Another question; about the black part on the spacecraft, which piece is it that you used for it? Is it a doorway piece from a plane set or something else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hollander said:

Well, it surely looks like it could be a real movie! Also I forgot to mention the crutch, which is a nice detail; it gives the impression the character has a story to tell. Another question; about the black part on the spacecraft, which piece is it that you used for it? Is it a doorway piece from a plane set or something else?

 

You've probably already guessed that the fuselage is https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=54096#T=C

54096.png

 

But the black 'door' is just an internal construct using curved pieces inside the spacecraft to ensure that you couldn't see into it.

Dirty little secret: He has a crutch because I didn't have enough pieces to complete that second leg :)

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2018 at 1:13 AM, eurotrash said:

 

You've probably already guessed that the fuselage is https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=54096#T=C

54096.png

 

But the black 'door' is just an internal construct using curved pieces inside the spacecraft to ensure that you couldn't see into it.

Dirty little secret: He has a crutch because I didn't have enough pieces to complete that second leg :)

 

 

 

 

Yes, that is the piece I had in mind. And smart thinking with the 'door'. 

The crutch works very well, I think not having enough pieces in certain situations actually helps you find a creative solution. I only use LDD at the moment, because my actual lego collection is somewhat small. But that did force me to find solutions for certain builds sometimes, simply because I didn't have the bricks I needed. But then that is the entire idea behind lego isn't it. Being creative. :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.