AndroTech

Full Size Bugatti Chiron out of LEGO

This is just CRAZY ... uau ... look at the interior ... 

Lego model is presented at the beginning of the video, and from 15:40 and forward ... ENJOY ...

Edited by AndroTech

Oh, I was waiting this date! Shmee is here, great!

Edited by Aleh

This thing bother me a bit.
I mean, overall the car is a masterpiece...but it's not all Lego...like the pneumatic car presented some years ago that wasn't made completely out of Lego (also this was a masterpice).
From my point of view this is cheating, expecially if you claim that's made out entirely with Lego.
Most of us "blame" who claim to have built the fastest lego car using RC components. From my point of view there are no differences between this two examples.

5 minutes ago, Lucio Switch said:

From my point of view this is cheating, expecially if you claim that's made out entirely with Lego.

Lego's official description stated it was more than 90% Lego, not 100%.

Makes me wonder...should I go Bricklinking this or just buy a real one??

12 minutes ago, Cumulonimbus said:

It must be a very weird feeling to sit inside a Technic model and actually drive it:

I dunno... ask @Burf2000 :)  he did it years ago!

10 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Lego's official description stated it was more than 90% Lego, not 100%.

My fault, I miss this (and still I haven't found)...never mentioned in all the post on FB.
Reading here and there, I found often "entirely made out of Lego"...and it's not.

Somehow the driving looks very CGI to me. (and the driver looks like he is lit by studio lights).  That's OK, if it really drives, but it would be nice to see a real video of the moving car. 

7 minutes ago, incognito said:

Somehow the driving looks very CGI to me. (and the driver looks like he is lit by studio lights).  That's OK, if it really drives, but it would be nice to see a real video of the moving car. 

Looks real to me, especially knowing the location and also looking at how much the mirror is bouncing

I didn't mean it's all CGI. The environment is real. It's just the movement and the camera and the lighting that doesn't look right to me. Like I said, it doesn't really matter, this is just a nice prome clip. We will see, when they show more "real" footage from this car.

11 minutes ago, incognito said:

I didn't mean it's all CGI. The environment is real. It's just the movement and the camera and the lighting that doesn't look right to me. Like I said, it doesn't really matter, this is just a nice prome clip. We will see, when they show more "real" footage from this car.

Well you can see it was a grey sky day so they've obviously used additional lighting for some shots and then for the shots of him driving the car you can tell this was done with a chase car coming alongside as the waistline of the door is bouncing up and down in the foreground of the shot. the aerial shots will be done by drones these days

1 hour ago, Lucio Switch said:

My fault, I miss this (and still I haven't found)...never mentioned in all the post on FB.
Reading here and there, I found often "entirely made out of Lego"...and it's not.

Here you can find they talk about 90% with Lego Technic @Lucio Switch.:wink:

on the Brothers Brick article they have a load of photos of the build and show that the only non lego parts are a very basic steel chassis to mount the wheels, a few bearings, gears and chains for the drive and a steering rack

as an engineer in the car industry i'm impressed

11 minutes ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

Here you can find they talk about 90% with Lego Technic @Lucio Switch:wink:

I saw it a little while ago:grin:, after the other one where they claimed it's made only with technic parts. Probably the real meaning is without Lego system parts. But it sounds to me a bit a ploy.

6 minutes ago, Seasider said:

on the Brothers Brick article they have a load of photos of the build and show that the only non lego parts are a very basic steel chassis to mount the wheels, a few bearings, gears and chains for the drive and a steering rack

as an engineer in the car industry i'm impressed

I saw them and the chassis it's not so basic (obviously if you don't compare it with a real car), but it goes under the whole car and support the whole cab. Without it, I have some doubt that the car can stand herself. If you remove the Lego parts, the chassis itself is drivable.
Usually I build big scale truck, and from my experience the rigidity of the chassis is one of the most hard thing to do and here they skipped the problem.
About all the techinical features, the only one, working, that seems to be made only with lego parts, is the rear spoiler and the tachometer. I mean it's build only with techinc parts and almost all the basic technical element aren't made with technic parts.

Said this, without considering my controversy, as an engineer in the land military vehicle industry, I'm impressed too, by this and even by the pneumatic car.
I think that's impossible (happy to be proven wrong), do do what I said only whit Lego parts.
I don't know, maybe I was really annoyed by the pneumatic car and I vent my frustrations on this.

14 minutes ago, Lucio Switch said:

I saw it a little while ago:grin:, after the other one where they claimed it's made only with technic parts. Probably the real meaning is without Lego system parts. But it sounds to me a bit a ploy.

I saw them and the chassis it's not so basic (obviously if you don't compare it with a real car), but it goes under the whole car and support the whole cab. Without it, I have some doubt that the car can stand herself. If you remove the Lego parts, the chassis itself is drivable.
Usually I build big scale truck, and from my experience the rigidity of the chassis is one of the most hard thing to do and here they skipped the problem.
About all the techinical features, the only one, working, that seems to be made only with lego parts, is the rear spoiler and the tachometer. I mean it's build only with techinc parts and almost all the basic technical element aren't made with technic parts.

It is probably possible to do, but you would need to almost have it shaped like an arch to anticipate the flex in the chassis, or use lots of stacked technic bricks, though I am not sure how well such a chassis would hold up when taking turns, as there could be too much flex side to side, leading to a failure. I think with such a project, it's better to be on the conservative side, as if this were to fail, it would be a waste of resources. Now time to have both cars race and see which performs better.

Excellent build! And I already worry if putting two motors in series in a GBC is good for the motors or not :)