Piranha

Your First Pirate Set!

I was hoping to find this thread! Anyway, here's the beaut that hooked me on Pirates forever, 6235 Buried Treasure :pir-wub::

6235-1.1121480510.jpg

I know this set is tiny, but there's just so much goodness going on. For a little kid who loved pirate related things (I had actually just read Treasure Island at about this time :pir-blush:), this set was so great. Just the lone pirate and his monkey pal tending after their treasure hoard. And eight gold coins?! I certainly might be wrong, but I don't seem to remember that happening very often at all in the Pirate line, especially in such a small set like this. All of the little things like the two mini-figs (yes, the monkey counts, I don't care :pir-laugh:), shovel, flag, treasure chest, pistol and cutlass just made for such a neat toy to a young pirate fan. Truly a great introduction into a magnificent theme, and all in one small box. :pir-classic:

I remember getting that set when I was about 8 or 9. I remember playing with it at the doctor's office, after just having bought it, and dropping the coins accidentally into a leather sofa.

I remember some old guy helping me tear the couch apart to find all of the little coins.

My very first pirate set was the new cannon battle, followed closely by brickbeard's bounty^^

Mine too, even though I have several hundred sets I didn't get a pirate set until last year. Within a couple weeks I'd bought all the non-exclusive 2009 pirate sets and love them all, plus an extra copy of the cannon battle.

My first pirate set was Lagoon Lockup. I sadly don't have it anymore, but still have a few of my old pirate sets, and most of my minifigures. I've recently gotten back into Lego after not playing with them for about 15 years. My first new set after all this is none other than the new Imperial Flagship. I figure I'll start out well.

As far as I remember, it was Smugglers Shanty. Got it years ago, when I was a kid. My parents bought it when we were on vacation. Didn't make me a fanatic immediately, but it certainly cleared the way.

I rebuilt the set yesterday. The new pirates made me remember the old stuff I have ...

well, today it finally happened....

I completed all of the Pirate sets I had as a kid. I know that this really doesn't belong in this thread, but it kinda relates.

awesome. I still need instruction manuals for most of 'em, but until then, there's always Peeron.

So, that's Castle and Pirate finished, now I need to get Space and Town finished.

I've gotta get pieces for the Vector Detector, the Allied Avenger, and the Galactic Peace Keeper, then a couple town sets, and I'm done with my vintage sets, and can focus on my new collections!

not that I haven't been buying new lego all along anyway.....

classicpirates.jpg

cannoncove.jpg

newpirates.jpg

I oughtta review Cannon Cove sometime.

My first set would be Lagoon Lock up, the only set I got from the old Pirates line. I only caught some of the sets from the 2009 line because I just got out of my dark age. :pir-hmpf_bad:

My first Pirate set was Cannon Battle. Then I added Soldier's Arsenal, Soldiers Fort, Loot Island.

Actually, it was the Armada flagship that I got as a child.

But when I returned to Lego, I started off with a 6277 Imperial Trading Post, which is a great set!

img0219ea.jpg

Go classic pirates!

My rst irate et was that 4+ pirate ship which my parents bought to me, i was happy couse it was my first pirate ship ever but i was a bit disapointted how it looked. But im not disapointted no im happy at that set started my lego pirates collecting :pir-blush:

'Captain Becker

I just recently started building, and collecting, the Pirate theme. The first

product in the theme that I bought was the 6239 Cannon Battle - a excellent

set for thoes who are trying to get an army of Redcoats. :pir-classic:

Regards//

Admiral Red-Hair

My first pirate set was the 2002 remake of the BSB. Since I was born in 1998, I unfortunately missed the classic pirates line but was lucky enough for my parents to pick me up this awesome reproduction.

Picture this. It's 1989. Were doing our monthly big trip into the city where we always pay a visit to the toy store cause it's right near all the tool and homewares shops that mum and dad visit. I've just turned 10 years old and flush with birthday cash from overseas and interstate grandparents. They know they're no good at choosing toys and anything worthwhile costs a fortune to send from Ireland, so birthdays, christmas and sometimes randomly a plain envelope with a handwritten letter and some funny looking money turns up and everyones happy. The exchange rate is pretty good at the moment and I've got a couple hundred bucks to spend.

I walk in the shop and make a beeline for the lego. We're going for something big this year. Round the corner into the lego aisle and the first big box I see is this.

6276-1.jpg

There is no contest and no doubt. The only issue I have is what to spend the rest of the money on. Don't ask me what it was cause I cant really remember paying much attention to anything else. The next 4 hours are painful. Theres still groceries to buy and a 2 hr drive home. I held onto that box the entire trip home. Couldn't take my eyes off it. Kept flipping up the lid to see the minifigs. The governor was just something else. He was like the god of all minifigs I'd ever seen. Exquisite detail and a huge sense of nobility just oozed from him. Soon as we're home it's straight into building. Screw dinner, screw TV. I've got more important stuff to do.

this was my first set

6270-1.jpg

I remember getting it for christmas one year and loving the pieces i hadnt seen before. Like the rope bridge, printed base and rigging up the mast. Also really liked the blue imperial soldier, thought that was the coolest minifg i had seen.

Since i came out of my dark age, this was the first set i bought.

6258-1.jpg

closely followed by many more !!

My first Pirate set was the 2002 BSB :pir-wub: . My brother had a few small pirate sets from the 90's, but this was the first pirate set that was all mine. This was the set that really help me to get out of my dark ages. My pirate collection has really grown since then.

8396%20Soldiers%20Arsenal.jpg

8397%20Pirate%20Survival.jpg

They were bought when I saw them on the shelf at Wal-Mart :jollyroger:

Looking at LEGO

Sees a small corner box-shelf

Spots the minifig sets

Spies two set with the word "Pirates" on them

Picks them up and throws in shopping cart!

My first Pirate set was the 6260 "Shipwreck Island".

I got it when I was only 5 years old!!

6260-1.jpg

It was my first, too. Got it, back in the day from my Granny. Some days later she bought me the 6521 Mini Figures Set. My first Blue Coats. She hooked me up with it.

My first ever pirate set was the Black Sea Barracuda (Dark Shark), bought it when it first came out on a trip to London in 1989.

bsb.jpg

My first Pirate Set was Harbour Sentry... well it isn´t a Pirate, but it was part of the Pirat series.

6245-1.jpg

But my favorite one is the Black Seas Barracuda Set (with shootable cannons). I got an original one with unopened Box for just 90 Deutsche Mark (If i remember right, thats a price of ~50$? Unfortunately after 15 Years (and Playing, because I was at the Age of 6) some parts are missing and i do not know where I can buy them. Especially I miss nearly all weapons, some of the yellow parts and many small parts. :pir_bawling:

Sorry, if my language is bad. I am not a native english speaking person.

Edited by josykay

My first Pirate Set was Harbour Sentry... well it isn´t a Pirate, but it was part auf the Pirat series.

6245-1.jpg

But my favorite one is the Black Seas Barracuda Set (whith shootable cannons). I got an original one with unopened Box for just 90 Deutsche Mark (If i remember right, thats a price of ~50$? Unfortunately after 15 Years (and Playing, because I was at the Age of 6) some parts are missing and i do not know where I can buy them. Especially I miss nearly all weapons, some of the yellow parts and many small parts. :pir_bawling:

Sorry, if my language is bad. I am not a native english speaking person.

Welcome to Classic-Pirate and Eurobricks Josykay! :pir-classic:

Wow, this is hard because I don't remember exactly. All I have are 3 Pirates sets. I got a tiny Pirates set when I was really young, but I don't remember any of it. I'm pretty sure that it had a treasure chest because I have a few, but the only evidence is a pirate minifigure (missing the hat). I don't really count that, so my second on was the 10210 Imperial Flagship. As soon as I saw it in stores, I knew that i had to have it. Most huge sets are fun to build but are useless later. Then only other really big one there which I wanted was the Titanium Command Rig, but it nowhere near compared to the Flagship. I just had to have it.

I brought it home and built it in two days. It cost most of my birthday money but was worth it. I was a bit dissapointed in a few things, but playing with it is fun if you discount fixing a little thing every 30 minutes.

Now I have taken it apart again to build a merchant vessel, but it hasn't worked out so well because I couldn't make a good angled hull. Instead I use the parts for the small City which I am working on (sadly though, about 38% of my LEGO sets are BIONICLE, which means that I can't build much of a city. In fact, only 5 sets are City. Those are all tiny.)