Piranha

Your First Pirate Set!

My first and only pirates set is the Imperial Outpost 6263 which I got in 1995. Sadly, it is now in pieces in my lego box.

6263-1.jpg

Edited by JadeIceGreen

My first ever Pirates set was the 6257 Castaway Raft, which I believe was not only my introduction to LEGO Pirates, but Piracy in general. :pir-tongue: Ah, the memories. I lost the map the first day after I got it, and ended up cleaning my entire room looking for it. ;)

Sometimes I feel sorry for those of you who weren't old enough to experience the Pirate theme as it was released in the '90s. ;)

TC

My first Pirate sets where:

6265-1.1121480017.jpg

And

6260-1.1139541032.jpg

I received them for my birthday in 1990 together with the comic (doesnt count I guess as a set?) first thing in the morning.

My first Pirate set was the original Black Seas Barracuda, back in the day! Still love that thing to this day.

I just started collecting Lego in 2000 so I missed out on the early pirates. My first pirate set ever is the recent soldier fort and I'm glad I bought it!

My first and only Pirates set up until recently was King Kahuka's Throne. I only collected Castle and Space as a child, so the lone Pirates set I had was a gift from someone.

Now I have the Soldier's Fort, Cannon Battle x2, Kraken Attackin', and the Brickbeard's Bounty. I even built an MOC ship for the soldiers, though it currently lacks sails.

I'm not sure, but I think mine was 6234 or 6245. At least it was a small set from the early days.

Edited by Fluyt

Mine is #6232, I bought it for the skeleton actually but anyway, I've sold it.

My first set is : (although that was 3 sets and 2 of them were impulse)

8396-1.jpg

8397-1.jpg

6239-1.jpg

I hope I could collect all Pirates II sets..

Caribbean Clipper I believe. My parents bought it for my older brother.

6274-1.jpg

Mine was this set:

1411-1.jpg

I got this from a Quaker Oats breakfast cereal promotion in 2002 :pir-classic:

This "multi-theme" (Studios / Pirates) set was my first as well, as most of the classic Pirates era came during my dark ages; this promotion ran right around the same time my LEGO passion was rekindled. I actually wound up getting two of these even though the offer was limited to one per person, as I made a mix-up with my mail (I sent for it around the same time I was making a move) and thought it hadn't been delivered, so I made a customer service request and got another one sent to me, and only later discovered the first had made its way to me after all and had simply been set aside somewhere with some other mail. Oops. I swear I didn't do that intentionally... :blush:

Anyway, after that I picked up my first "fully Pirates" sets, the 6921 Armada Flagship (the reissue of 6280) and 6292 Enchanted Island (the reissue of 6278); I no longer remember which of those I got first, but I do know I later wound up ordering another copy of Enchanted Island from LEGO Shop at Home when they put it on sale; that was in early 2003.

Those five sets were all the Pirates sets I had until this year; I've just recently acquired three of the smallest sets in the current line, but I do hope to get more (and eventually, a bunch of the classics as well)!

Hm... I think it was King Kahuka's Throne, but I'm not sure. It could have been a smaller set that I forgot. :pir-look: But the throne was definitely one of my first.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Since I bought three sets at the same time, my first sets are Soldier's Arsenal, Pirate Survival, and Cannon Battle. They are all great small sets. :pir_laugh2:

6257-1: Castaway's Raft, I think I must have been about 6 or 7 ??? I remember building it myself.

My brother and sisters and I were allowed to chose one set each (don't remember the occasions) and I always got the Pirates. I also had something similar to Eldorado Fortress... it might have actually been that set but I REALLY don't remember that base plate. But we still have some of the yellow / brick printed corner walls and the Iron lock up door... etc.

Come to think of it... it was probably Lagoon Lock-Up... but then where did the corner walls come from? .... um... ergh! I don't know! Maybe we had both? or all of them? or none of them? Damn my infernal heedless brain.

Well, I guess I'm the first to say that this was my first set:

6271-1.jpg

This set made my transition from city/space to pirates. :jollyroger:

Since I bought three sets at the same time, my first sets are Soldier's Arsenal, Pirate Survival, and Cannon Battle. They are all great small sets. :pir_laugh2:

same here.. :pir-tongue:

For me, it was the classic Black Seas Barracuda which I got as a reward for learning to ride my bike.

That set is long gone. But I did pick up the reissue BSB when it hit the local TRU and promptly swapped the non firing cannons for firing cannons as part of a purchase of some assorted parts from a local second hand toy shop.

One of these days I will turn the BSB (or the hulls, sails, masts etc at least) into a ship for my space pirate Captain Blackhole. (to be called the Black Star Barracuda)