Piranha

Your First Pirate Set!

Does Islander sets count too? If so, my first was Islander Catamaran. If not, my first PIRATE set was a little set with two pirates, both tricorn hats, one was Imperial with a black beard, the other had blue clothes and a brown tricorn, it came with a small yellow baseplate, a spade, leaves and a parrot, also a chest with gold coins were included. I forgot the numbers of the two..

For me it was the Red Beard Runner about eight years ago on Christmas. The coolest set I had ever gotten... All the play features fascinated me.

And now I have a firing cannon, a smackin' new Pirate with a smackin' new headrag, and two new Imperial solders with shakos.

*thinks of the Pirates vs. Romans topic*

*scoffs*

Romans? Who was I kidding...

This was my first set:

6260-1.jpg

It was released through the US Shop@Home catalog as a special preview to the release of the original Pirates line. I was either 10 or 11 and I was so excited when it finally showed up in the mail. :pir-cry_happy: I stared at the new figs for hours and tried the tricorn and the bandana on all my minifigs and tried the new faces on my town mini-figs. ah, memories.

Does Islander sets count too? If so, my first was Islander Catamaran.

It doesn't matter whether it was Islanders, Soldiers, Armada... all of these are part of Pirates series so You can count this one as Your first:

6256 Islander Catamaran

6256-1.1188776607.thumb2.jpg

If not, my first PIRATE set was a little set with two pirates, both tricorn hats, one was Imperial with a black beard, the other had blue clothes and a brown tricorn, it came with a small yellow baseplate, a spade, leaves and a parrot, also a chest with gold coins were included.

6237 Pirates' Plunder, is this it?

6237-1.1190428550.thumb2.jpg

Mine was the Legend BSB:

10040-1.jpg

Picked it up when it was re-released, still sailing in all its glory on my pride-of-place Lego shelf.

cheers,

timbutnice

My first major set was the imperial flagship, folowd by the imperial trading post and the pirate island (from a garage sale $30 for both!)

my first pirate sets were enchanted island and armada flag ship :pir_laugh2:

then i got forbidden island of ebay and crocodile cage also of ebay

then i got the bsb :pir-grin:

flint lock

(i changed my sig fig to a 16 year old pirate because i wanted to, he is still as good at fighting)

Mine was: Treasure Surprise

1747-1.jpg

LOL! That was my first one as well! :pir_laugh2:

I have expanded over the years though, I even got a SAS (although not 100% complete :pir_bawling: ).

I think it might be Smugglers Shanty, which I bought around 6 months ago. I have now amassed a fair collection of different sets, even though I am also interested in space themes now.

6258b.jpg

This was also my first castle set :pir-classic: A nice and interesting set in my opinion!

The next one was the Renegade Runner (Ship), of which I now have two

The first ever Pirates sets -we 're talking about 1990- was

6265-1.jpg

The second one was was more interesting -still 1990- and a little bit bigger :jollyroger::pir-wink:

Mine was...cannon battle (2008) :pir-sceptic: I was a bit late on getting the original pirate sets :pir-cry_sad: ...

My first Lego Pirate set was Loot Island of the 2009 pirate line, even though I received a broken islanders set with two canoes and two people I think it was Islander Canter-am.

Edited by Ratshot

Greetings - (my 1st post here)

For me it was Forbidden Island 6270. It was actually the only pirate set I had as a kid. Castles and space were more popular during my youth and I grew up before pirate's got going (darn it!). I loved lego's and held onto all I had to this day. I arrived back by way of the A&E Hornblower series which lead to all the CS Forester books which lead to Lego Pirates....which ofcourse I had to start buying up left and right!

My first was the Forbidden Island as soon as it hit stores back in '89. My friend got the BSB then too and it was so amazing. By the years end I had the BSB and El Dorado Fortress to have some real Pirate wars. Also a bunch of the small sets too. Been a fan ever since. Just barely got the Caribean Clipper last year though, rounding out 1989 for me.

Ok....well I never had Pirate sets growing up, I didn't even like LEGO at the time, :pir-hmpf_bad: but my cousin had a bunch of Pirate LEGO pieces when I was 7 or 8. I would get them and he would give them to me and I would look at the pieces and minifigures. He also had a SES. :pir-devil: After a while, when I was old enough, he gave me his SES. :pir-wub: Although some of the sails are missing and its missing pieces, I still count it as my first Pirate set. He gave it to me built, but I took it apart and re-built it........ :pir-cry_happy:

6286-1.jpg

Although, if you don't count that as a first pirate LEGO set, then it was Soldier's Fort.

p1000705.jpg

Always been a pirate fan at heart, but never actually got the opportunity (dark age around 1997-2000) to buy any of the sets until the legend release. My first set is the 10040 BSB.

10040-1.jpg