Piranha

Your First Pirate Set!

Mine was the Black Seas Barracuda:

6285-1.jpg

Well I got a few so:

6237-1.jpg

6232-1.jpg

*sweet* My first sets, and only sets... :'-(

Well, I got some old Lego off of my cousin ages ago and it had 3 pirates, an islander and 1 bluecoat.

But my first complete set is the Black Seas Barracuda! *wub*

I remember getting my very first pirateset in 1990, one year after the Pirates hit the stores.

It was this one:

6245-1.jpg

For many, many years this was the only cannon I had (two clips broke of, but the barrel was still capable of lying on the undercarriage just fine).

Only recently my cannon population has growed, I am reaching 40 (cannons) pretty soon.

Sweet memories.... *wub*

Edited by simonwillems

I think it might be Smugglers Shanty, which I bought around 6 months ago. I have now amassed a fair collection of different sets, even though I am also interested in space themes now.

6258b.jpg

It was most likely this set:

6250-1.jpg

I wouldn't be 100% sure, though.

It was this amazing little one:

6251-1.1129089749.thumb2.jpg

I just find it perfect to be initiated on the world of Lego Pirates. You really had it all: a soldier, an officer, two pirates with sabres and a pistol, Red Bear captain, a parrot and the treasure! *wub*

6277-1.jpg

The Imperial Trading Post, my first and only Pirate set. I bought it about two years ago off a guy on Bricklink; it was one of the best purchases I have ever made. :-)

Were you fortunate enough to get one as a kid, or is this a more recent acquisition?

This thread is quite similar to the How did you become a Pirate LEGO Fanatic? thread only more straight to the point. No matter, I'll just cross reference them!

Anyway, here's mine:

6235-1.jpg

ahh - twas my first set too

then later I got most of the 1989 collection and a few 1991 sets during my childhood years, before my dark age came. I still need the Barracuda and the Eldorado Fortress to "complete" the 1989 sets

mine was the black seas barracuda like Joey Lock^^ then I had some little set and finally another ship ( the imperial one ) .

6285-1.jpg

Well I got a few so:

6237-1.jpg

6232-1.jpg

*sweet* My first sets, and only sets... :'-(

Yeah Black Seas Barracuda, Armada Flagship were mine(or at least cheap imitations of them{got the Barracuda, Flagship and some other ship for $40}) They were cheap imitations but had valuable parts like cannons, sails and hulls

It was this amazing little one:

6251-1.1129089749.jpg

I believe this was the one too.

Well, maaaaaaybe it was this one:

6257-1.1143168270.jpg

Not sure really...

But I remember that as I didn't have any sailing ship at that time I used hull from 4030 Cargo Carrier as a pirate ship equiping it with 6805 Astro Dasher's wings as cannons. :pir_laugh2:

Even though I enjoyed it much...

Well, later I got 6274 Caribbean Clipper and 6285 Black Seas Barracuda, so then I really started playing :pir-blush:

#6268 Renegade Runner on a birthday in '94...I still have a video of me opening it. :pir-sweet:

6268-1.1105127503.thumb2.jpg

Edited by MillerTime

Mine was 1713: Shipwrecked Pirate.

1713-1.jpg

Probably the cutest Pirates set ever. :pir-classic:

~Majek

I got my first taste of LEGO pirates when I bought ten Pirate minifigures from eBay when I was little. My first actual set was Forbidden Island, which I got last year (from eBay). Since then, I've gotten Skull Island, Rock Island Refuge, Eldorado Fortress, and Shipwreck Island. My first set of the new Pirate II line was Loot Island.

Pretty certain it was

6270-1.jpg

6270 Forbidden Island, which if I'm not mistaken I got for my birthday in 1989, but it may have been in 1990. I do know that I got the 6285 Black Seas Barracuda for Christmas in 1990 though, and I had had 6270 for a long time before that. (at least it seemed like a long time, but everything does when you're 7 years old :wink:)

My first set was the Armada Flagship:

I got this set at the same moment:

After that my little brother got the Redbeard Runner.

I also bought the Redbeard Runner a few years later. And a few months after that I got another Armada Flagship.

From that moment on I bought lots of bluecoats and extra bricks. :pir_laugh2:

That's what you call an "early" start :pir-blush: Not classic sets but nice though.

Well... 1995 was not the best for a Lego Pirates fan to be born. :pir-wink:

Pretty certain it was

6270-1.jpg

6270 Forbidden Island [...]

Did You get the one from american version - with different ( nonshooting ) guns? I got american version from my californian uncle on one christmas, but I already had this set so we exchanged it in a shop for an Barracuda :pir-laugh:

Best thing is that I learned that those american guns were nonshooting just one week ago! :pir-cry_sad: