Piranha

Your First Pirate Set!

Mine was either Buried Treasure 6235 or Shipwreck Island 6260, I had a long hiatus in pirate stuff afterwards.

My first pirate set was actually an island set. My cousins gave me 6236 King Kahuka. It was my older brother that later got the cool one -- 6271 Imperial Flagship. As you can imagine, I was ... let's say a "little" jealous. However, lucky for me, he was already "too big" to play with Legos, so I decided to "safeguard" it for him. pir_laugh2.gif

6236-1.jpg

Mine was 6258 Smuggler's Shanty from 1992.

http://brickset.com/sets/6258-1/Smuggler-s-Shanty

6258-1.jpg

It would be interesting if someone with the free time made a tally to see which is/was the most frequent gateway set for the Pirate theme. Of course, the results will depend on the age of the AFOL, but it could be an interesting factoid.

Edited by Ardelon

6254 Rocky Reef.I remember I found this set in a dusty old shelve in a toy shop I used to visit as a kid.I was very lucky to find it since by the time I bought it Lego already stopped producing those sets.

6254-1.jpg

Edited by LOTR34

My first set was actually a trio of Islander sets for my birthday.....6262 King Kahuka's Throne, 6256 Island Catamaran, and 6236 King Kahuka. I still have them to this day.

001.jpg

001.jpg

d4e4o5g414j3y404x274s2v234q2r2h4v5f4042354v2r294x2u2.jpg

Oh!

I had 6256 Island Catamaran too!

I loved that set! pir_laugh2.gif But I was very young back then and I lost almost all the pieces pirate_cry4.gif

6265 Sabre Island, still one of the best sets ever. A handfull of pieces becomes a mighty outpost with 3 Figs, a cannon and a huge flag. Great set.

6265 Sabre Island, still one of the best sets ever. A handfull of pieces becomes a mighty outpost with 3 Figs, a cannon and a huge flag. Great set.

Same here, 2 of them actually. Great playvalue with the cannon and boat. The large flags clips sadly broke pretty easily.

After the Eldorado Fortress, Sabre Island was my 2nd pirate set as a kid. Still one of the best value sets. I've got 3! If you can get them for a good price the parts included are great for building up armies and extra parts for MOCs.

This was my first set:

6260-1.jpg

That was my first set as well. Unfortunetly I think I was too young for it. Coins and pistol were lost very fast, baseplate broken in time :(

This is a lengthy/uncertain entry, because I don't know what my first Pirate set is. I inherited a TON of Lego from my Brother, and I've found a few parts that are Classic-Pirate-specific in my bins of parts. I'm new to Pirate Lego in my adulthood, my only new/intact Pirate memorabilia is a Classic Captain Redbeard Minifig I ordered off of Ebay not too long ago. I have a few new Pirate-esque things, namely some Ninjago stuff from that new Arc they're doing, but not much else.

I'm a sucker for anything Classic Lego or Historic, but Pirates are definitely my weakest theme. I don't even own a ship! I still love looking at other people's creations. If I had the money or the time, I'd definitely get involved.

Edited by Oshikaru-Sensei

My first pirate set was the mighty Black Seas Barracuda. Had a few others in the couple of years after.

Last night I was watching eBay and almost had a heart attack when I scored that ship, the Carribean Clipper, Sabre Island and maybe some more but I haven't fully sorted them yet. The ships are in their original boxes with some damage but it appears everything is there!

My first set was the Black Pearl, but before that my wife got her Black Sea Barracuda from her parents'house and we retrofitted it with black pieces and black sails from Bricklink.

That was my first set as well. Unfortunetly I think I was too young for it. Coins and pistol were lost very fast, baseplate broken in time :(

This was my first set too and it's still my favourite between smaller sets.

My first set consisted of a enchanted island, Imperial Flagship and islanders catamaran all for £15 still one of my best buys to this day

My first pirate set was 6245 Harbor Sentry. I still have it in my collection, and it might be the reason I still love the bluecoats.

28996183226_dea95db01c_n.jpg

Edited by SilentWolf

Black Seas Barracuda. My mom got it for me along with a castle set at a yard sale. I loved it. Built and rebuilt it bunch of times. I still have the tattered old instruction manual.

post-124749-0-95312000-1471388800_thumb.png

I got a large box of bricks, sets and minifigs from a friend of my parents and in that was Harbour Sentry, along with some pirate parts, weapons and 'figs, but the first sets I bought were Shipwreck Defense and Soldiers Fort, both from the 2015 line.

I am not 100% sure but I'd say my first pirate set was this one. Then I got all sets of the very first wave except the Eldorado Fortress that I so much wanted when I was a kid. Might get it from Bricklink soon pirate_laugh2.gif

6245-1.jpg