Ricecracker

Review: 8161 Speed Racer - Grand Prix Race

here is a preview of my review of speed racer: Grand Prix Race

i will try to get a full review up later today

pics (when public)

sorry about the blur, i am not a great photographer.

also if, there are any pictures you would like (that i haven't included), just ask

Judging from your pictures there seems to be many interesting torsos and new fleshy heads but I don't think this set is for me.

Fueling my dismissal of this set is that i saw the trailer for this film at the cinema today and it looked pretty terrible! :-X

Thanks for taking your time to review this set though ricecracker! ;-)

Edited by casewindu

How comes the monkey stays yellow but not the people... :'-(

How comes the monkey stays yellow but not the people... :'-(

It's a liscensed theme, so they are tan.

Where are these sets coming from? None appeal to me though.

Oh, and nice review!

Edited by ~VBBN~

Judging from your pictures there seems to be many interesting torsos and new fleshy heads but I don't think this set is for me.

Fueling my dismissal of this set is that i saw the trailer for this film at the cinema today and it looked pretty terrible! :-X

Thanks for taking your time to review this set though ricecracker! ;-)

They are still good sets even though the movie might be crap :-| geez it's not like we buy SWL because the movie is good X-D anyway thanks for myour time rice cracker!

I will most likely get all the speed racer sets as it was one of my favorite movies(the animated one) i just loved the decked up and tricked out cars >:-) great review and red tux = X-D

Looks like a great ole set to me. The cars seem abit overly slopey to me though, I'll probably pass on this. But as a note, I especially like the black and yellow car's horizontal wheel covering things. Nice :-$

again, no problem!

personally i would have liked a lower price ($96.04 CAD with tax *n* )

also my favourite would be the gray and black car!

Thank you for the pics *y*

I want a Trixie impulse set *wub*

And otherwise that little boy with his monkey. I like the print on his t shirt.

doubt ill get this, i used to like the anime but the the film looks cheesy as a cheese sandwhich

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I´ve just discovered this set is on sale at Amazon.de - for a mere 25 Euros.

I am tempted. Not because I like the set or the models, but because of the parts.

As most of you might know, I´m especially into Exo-Force. So would you recommend to get this set just for the parts? Are they a good choice to combine with EF-sets?

Would anyone of you be interested in obtaining the fleshie-parts of the minifigs from me, as I totally don´t need those?

I picked up this set a few weeks ago (along with the smaller sets that come with the Mach 5 and Racer X's car), and I was pleasantly surprised. The commentator's stand is nothing to write home about, but the assortment of figs is great (numerous new face prints in flesh, I believe), and in spite of the large amount of stickers, the three cars are each unique and very well-designed. My only gripe about them is that Cannonball Taylor's car (the black and yellow one) was a missed opportunity, as in the movie it's yellow and purple. I know TLC is dropping purple for the future and had a bunch of problems with it in the past, but it would have made for a great looking car IMO.

Well...... Thanks for your posting, but I couldn´t care less about fleshie minifigs or movie-accurate cars - or the cars at all. This set would really ONLY go into my parts bin. Therefore I need to know what parts are in there and if they are "cool" enough to go into an Exo-Force collectors parts bin.

An opportunity has come up to buy this set for 100 AUD. Just wondering whether people think it's worth buying?

I've heard very little about the speed racer Legos

An opportunity has come up to buy this set for 100 AUD. Just wondering whether people think it's worth buying?

I've heard very little about the speed racer Legos

This comment does not seem a good reason for re-viving a 2 and a half years old topic to me :hmpf:

Please, avoid doing so in the future.

speed racer is the action film.and he has formula 1 car but he is intersted in art of the race.

Welcome to EB. I don't know what you're trying to say here but it isn't a good reason to bump this thread either. So don't.