Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

[OL - Era II - Ch II - Cat. A] Fishing Village

fishingvillage1.png
As Emile was off in Terraversa, and Rene, Henri, and Randall were off protecting Emile and Elise's business interests. Gilbert, William, and Jean were sent to Fatu Hiva to investigate the mysterious islands. They found themselves approaching a fishing village on the white sands of the island. Oh how they wished they could dip their toes in the water and relax. But of course, duty calls.

fishingvillage2.png
William, the only man of Emile's crew from Corrington, talked to the leading fisherman of the village. "So your fishing provides a great deal for Oleon?"

"Of course," the native responded. "We bring in a great deal. But something tells me you're not here to learn about fishing."

"Your intuition is correct," William said.

"The mystery in thhe island," the fisherman said, his eyes glazing over as he remembered. "The forest is dark. The island can be dangerous."

"So we have heard."

fishingvillage3.png
"So..." Gilbert started to the tattooed man, "what's it like in there?"

"Friend," Tattoo answered, "you don't want to know. But between you and me, it's all nonsense. I think it's just some angry people. Nothing like magic."

"Do your gods hold reign there?"

"Sure, but what have they done for us? Scare and kill people?" he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "I believed we would fight back Oleon. They're not too bad if I say."

"You do realize I'm from Oleon," Gilbert said, deadpan.

"Well of course. You're not too bad. If anything, it might be wild animals killing people going in there. Maybe it's the gods, maybe it's people, maybe it's animals."

fishingvillage4.png
"Fishing then?" Jean asked thhe fishermen. "Maybe I'll join when this is all over."

"If you survive the island," the older one said.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard what he said," the one with the atrocious haircut cut in. "That's why we're going to fish. Better tobe there instead of on the island if things go sideways."

"Well at least I've got my pistol," Jean murmured to himself.

fishingvillage5.png
"Want to hear a joke?" the mustachioed soldier asked.

"Sure," the younger man shrugged.

"Corrington."

The younger soldier burst out in obnoxious laugh. "Alright, that was good. Want to hear a joke?"

"Eslandola?" mustache asked.

"Damnit how did you know?"

fishingvillage6.png

I took some insipration from the island villages in Assassin's Creed: Black FLag for this one. It's good to be building again as well.

Great village scene, I like the elevated houses and the planks beneath them, and the joke is amusing.

Nice build! Even if the village is only a scenery flat, it is well executed and really gives the feel of a small fishing village. Good minifig choice too!

Cool story variation, the story makes the build much better. The build is very good and I instantly recognized AC4 :jollyroger: good job.

Oh btw, also +1 because the soldiers don't dare to laugh about Sea Rats :devil:

23 hours ago, Bodi said:

Great village scene, I like the elevated houses and the planks beneath them, and the joke is amusing.

16 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Nice build! Even if the village is only a scenery flat, it is well executed and really gives the feel of a small fishing village. Good minifig choice too!

Thank you both!

14 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Cool story variation, the story makes the build much better. The build is very good and I instantly recognized AC4 :jollyroger: good job.

Oh btw, also +1 because the soldiers don't dare to laugh about Sea Rats :devil:

Thanks! I might try to build more like this at some point. I'm always trying to tie in Emile's story to my builds some way, even if he isn't appearing in the MOC. And Emile's men don't joke about Sea Rats for two reasons: one, storywise, Emile and co. were similar at one point before he joined his glorious nation; two, Oleon has always heard it's rude to make fun of children:tongue: