Momotof

Lord of the Rings Ongoing Discussion

25 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Holy moly :pir-wub: 

So far is brick heads and a D2C, what do we expect? Bag-End or the Barad Dur ( eye of sauron tower) are 2 most likely possiblitys to my guess.

I can almost guarantee with an 70-80% chance that it's going to be a minifigure scaled Bag-End. (I have no info I'm just assuming just to be clear). This would make the most sence! A beautifully detailed interior with 19 minifigures. All 13 dwarfs, young and old Bilbo, Frodo, Sam, Gandalf, and Rosie possibly. This would not only include the Fellowship of the Ring, but the Return of the King ending with Sam taking over Bag-End, and also the Hobbit and Unexpected Journey. Three films in one iconic set just makes sence. Especially after seeing the D2C Hogwarts express that just released, the D2C Back to the Future Delorean, the Ideas Dr.Who set, or even the UCS Millennium Falcon. Point being, Lego loves to do sets that can display differently based on different movies. This set will also encourage others to buy the 2 brickheadz to get a Frodo and Gandalf to put next to their Bag-End. Finally it's an iconic enough location where it may even appeal to casual Lord of the Rings fans and not just the die-hards. Obviously Lego is going to try to get as many sales as possible and I believe this location will sell the best.

Sadly the 2nd highest chance would be a remake of the Tower of Orthanc. We already saw them do this with the Dark Knight trilogy Tumbler that re-released earlier this year with minor upgrades. It would be the lazy approach but Lego does know it would sell well. Let's hope for Bag-End!

Fantastic news, and I'm pretty sure more sets will follow later!

1 minute ago, azog said:

I can almost guarantee with an 70-80% chance that it's going to be a minifigure scaled Bag-End. (I have no info I'm just assuming just to be clear). This would make the most sence! A beautifully detailed interior with 19 minifigures. All 13 dwarfs, young and old Bilbo, Frodo, Sam, Gandalf, and Rosie possibly. This would not only include the Fellowship of the Ring, but the Return of the King ending with Sam taking over Bag-End, and also the Hobbit and Unexpected Journey. Three films in one iconic set just makes sence. Especially after seeing the D2C Hogwarts express that just released, the D2C Back to the Future Delorean, the Ideas Dr.Who set, or even the UCS Millennium Falcon. Point being, Lego loves to do sets that can display differently based on different movies. This set will also encourage others to buy the 2 brickheadz to get a Frodo and Gandalf to put next to their Bag-End. Finally it's an iconic enough location where it may even appeal to casual Lord of the Rings fans and not just the die-hards. Obviously Lego is going to try to get as many sales as possible and I believe this location will sell the best.

Sadly the 2nd highest chance would be a remake of the Tower of Orthanc. We already saw them do this with the Dark Knight trilogy Tumbler that re-released earlier this year with minor upgrades. It would be the lazy approach but Lego does know it would sell well. Let's hope for Bag-End!

Agree; Lego will play it safe again so it will be probably Bag End. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the style of a Star Wars diorama with quote plates and minifigs from both books at once. Just hope the price will stay reasonable.

41 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

Agree; Lego will play it safe again so it will be probably Bag End. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the style of a Star Wars diorama with quote plates and minifigs from both books at once. Just hope the price will stay reasonable.

Diorama with "You shall not pass!" quote of Gandalf and Balrog in Moria to match the Brickheadz with the fellowship watching on. Though SW dioramas arent D2C so don't know if thats likely.

Well, I picked the perfect time to rewatch the trilogy. Super thrilled by this, LotR sets are on the top of my wishlist, so I am pretty solidly planning on getting these, even if they aren't minifig scaled. 

I was looking for this thread in the licensed forum....

"Historic Theme" is not the vibe that I get from LoTR 

Edited by Robert8

Looks like I'll have to buy some brickheadz out of support for the theme, and then hope we get a bunch of army builder sets at some point. Or a CMF series :pir-stareyes:

1 hour ago, Sir Dano said:

Well that sucks, I would have much rather had a new original Castle theme.

I really lie in-house themes but I really like LotR stuff. So I’m stuck in the middle. ;/

I’ve only just discovered Legomocloc on Instagram who’s builds are all primarily Lord of the Rings and I fell in love with his UCS Rivendell and UCS Lothlorien, which I intend to build, they made me just rewatch the first three extended edition films and I still love them. I’ve been looking at the minifigures on bricklink today too and then this news 😍 I wonder if this news might deter people from buying the Avatar theme and waiting for this one. I know when the Avatar rumour appeared I was on board as I love those films too, but the figures put me off completely. 

5 minutes ago, DocStrange said:

Am I the only one who thinks that they may remake Helm's Deep?

No, I doubt you are. I would assume it'll probably come in the first couple waves, possibly as a D2C--the first HP reboot sets were mostly remakes, or at least similar to the old ones. Even though I have the old one and expansion, I would 100% be interested in getting an updated one, which I pretty rarely do. 

In addition, Bag End and Minas Tirith are probably coming relatively around the time it does. Barad Dur and Orthanc are almost certainly on the table, and maybe something based off of the Hobbit, but in terms of flagship sets or D2Cs, I would bet 15$ we see those three relatively soon. 

Edited by Brickroll

Wow, this is crazy! Never thought this day would come again. Now, after nine years, we can finally go back to arguing about how big a Minas Tirith D2C should be! :laugh:

In all honesty, this news has me very excited. If we get remakes of LotR sets of similar quality to the current HP revival, I'll be in heaven. Especially with how much more TLG embraces large-scale sets now compared to 2013, this could have huge potential.

I agree that diorama-style sets are very likely, but I hope standard sets aren't completely out of the picture. Odd that they're starting off with Brickheadz, but whatever they think will ease people back into the brand, I guess.

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

*spits out drink*

LOTR and Indy are returning the same year?! What sorcery is this? Who sacrificed their soul for this to happen? :laugh_hard:

It was Pops down in the butler division, he truly sacrificed everything so we may have the greatest plastic toys once again.

31 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

*spits out drink*

LOTR and Indy are returning the same year?! What sorcery is this? Who sacrificed their soul for this to happen? :laugh_hard:

I'd hazard a guess it was my wallet's soul. It's crying right now as it chants in latin. Please sent help.

What if the theme will come back with only BrickHeadz and no playsets at all? Everyone here in this thread will experience the biggest blue-ball in his life...Please LEGO don't do this to us all...