Momotof

Lord of the Rings Ongoing Discussion

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

That is true but an interior like Orthanc would work well.  Obviosly the rooms wouldn't match up to wear they are in reality but given three rooms are confirmed (dungeon, armoury, chamber) then i'dsay its a safe bet it's similar to Orthanc.  I know the walls sorrowing the tower will be microscale but I think even behind the bottom section there will be an interior but obviously it would in no way make any sense for it to be there in reality but in fact just for playability.  

This is how the MOC I posted links to a few pages back was done. Microscale front, minifig compatible 'dollhouse' style back. IMO it works really well as a compromise for looks and playability. In Lego form anyway it makes a lot of sense. If I ever want a perfectly X:1 scaled model, I'll get it from somewhere other than Lego.

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Obviously I can't really tell at this level of detail but do Zelda and the elf ( the blonde non- Legolas one near the front) share a new hairpiece?

I don’t think so. It looks like all the Rivendell elves have hair coming down the front of their torso, while it doesn’t look like Zelda has any hair at the front. 

1 minute ago, Gorilla94 said:

Dual moulded hobbit legs :D

It is funny, but that is one of the most wanted minifigure parts I have for a re-release. They should hopefully be easy enough to get hold of to update existing Hobbits. The other parts I really want more of are the heads and hair of Merry and Pippin, especially as the hair parts were exclusives to the original figures. I have enough Frodo and Sam heads and hair and getting another Merry and Pippin would be good for putting them in different outfits.

2 hours ago, mtrsteve said:

This is how the MOC I posted links to a few pages back was done. Microscale front, minifig compatible 'dollhouse' style back. IMO it works really well as a compromise for looks and playability. In Lego form anyway it makes a lot of sense. If I ever want a perfectly X:1 scaled model, I'll get it from somewhere other than Lego.

It's the best of both worlds, the good thing is we don't really know what the interior was like in Barad-dur and from what I've seen there is no description of the interior either, unless you know otherwise?? Also can you tell me where I can find the Barad-dur mom that you did?

20 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Rivendell was definitely not in the survey, just to confirm.

It looks stunning though. Even with the price, it's going to be hard to dissuade myself from buying it. I hope we get clearer pictures of it soon.

5 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

The survey JeanGrey got contained many sets that are currently out on shelves as well, and they too were watermarked in the same way. So it isn't too weird.

Where was it said that Rivendell wasn't from the same source? There's so much info swirling around that it's hard to keep track now.

Did someone else get a similar survey and leak the photos? if JeanGrey didn't leak it, who did?

15 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

It's the best of both worlds, the good thing is we don't really know what the interior was like in Barad-dur and from what I've seen there is no description of the interior either, unless you know otherwise?? Also can you tell me where I can find the Barad-dur mom that you did?

Lol, "Barad-dur mom" gave me a chuckle. Imagining Saurons mom yelling at him to stop playing with those silly rings and get in here to do the dishes...

Hope this link still works (Flickr noob) https://www.flickr.com/gp/197582965@N08/8K9KCmfF99

To be clear, the MOC was designed by someone else who sold me the instructions and parts list

57 minutes ago, MAB said:

It is funny, but that is one of the most wanted minifigure parts I have for a re-release. They should hopefully be easy enough to get hold of to update existing Hobbits. The other parts I really want more of are the heads and hair of Merry and Pippin, especially as the hair parts were exclusives to the original figures. I have enough Frodo and Sam heads and hair and getting another Merry and Pippin would be good for putting them in different outfits.

Me, too :) Those and Printed Dual moulded arms for Boromir. Also a Faramir figure. That's the only stuff I can't do myself, because the custom printing services I know can't print metal colours or between the short legs. To be honest the price of those is quite irrelevant to me at this point. Spent quite some money and time to make everything perfect including 3d printed pieces for Sauron, a custom Witchking and so on. Even got custom printed minifigure hands, so Aragorn has his fingerless glove.

Edited by Gorilla94

These leaks are absolutely insane. My opinion:

The Rivendell set is basically everything it could possibly have been. Not just some minifigs, but literally every fig there possible could have been. The whole Fellowship, Bilbo, Elrond, Glóinn, Arwen, Glorfindel. We couldn't have asked for more. The set itself is also really pretty, with probably the best landscaping of any Lego set ever. The rumored price tag of 500 USD however is a bit hard to swallow, and I can't help thinking that they probably should have scaled back the set a bit, and try to keep the price tag around 350 USD.

I don't like the 'huge, black tower' type of sets, so I don't really have much of an opinion about the Barad-Dur set. But it's certainly huge.

The Medieval Village set does have a lot going for it. I generally always celebrate civilian castle/medieval sets. The Medieval Market Village and the Medieval Blacksmith are literally my two favorite sets. However, this particular set does look a bit lacking to me. It has a lot going for it, civilian figs, really nice trees, the bottom left house. But I simply dislike the design of most of the buildings. The scale is off, they look like facades rather than complete buildings, and they look more like East-Asian buildings (like in 70751) than medieval ones.

6 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

The survey JeanGrey got contained many sets that are currently out on shelves as well, and they too were watermarked in the same way. So it isn't too weird.

Where was it said that Rivendell wasn't from the same source? There's so much info swirling around that it's hard to keep track now.

Right I said it wasn't from the same "original" source since Jean never mentioned it while it did come from the same leaker. That's what makes it odd, where is the leak from exactly, another survey? That's what I'm interested in finding out

How in the brick is everyone finding all these details on the Rivendell images? 

Also, still some doubt from me that it's real given its proximity to the other leaked images that may or may not be true. 

33 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

How in the brick is everyone finding all these details on the Rivendell images? 

Yes, I am also amazed on how they can see all that on this blurry picture... it must be my eyes which are not good enough :-)

Edited by Altair1

4 minutes ago, Altair1 said:

Yes, I am also amazed on how they can see all that on this blurry picture... it must be my eyes which are not good enough :-)

Zoom, enhance! Zoom! ENHANCE!

Wow that Rivendell leak looks incredible! Basically enlarged version of Council of Elrond set, hopefully this means all characters from that scene in movie will be present in this set. Although I have to agree with many of you this doesn’t loo like 500$ set. Maybe Lego could have made a version of this scene for 200$ with enough detail to look as amazing as this one.

Barad-Dur though looks like early prototype to me. And it makes sense since it’s probably late 2023/early 2024 release as previous rumors suggested, designers still have time to make it perfect. 

Rivendell is definitely from a different source than these leaks, though the fact that both share similar confidential logos and background text is telling as far as the veracity of the other pictures. 

I'm so happy with the Rivendell Design. It looks absolutely gorgeous without feeling too scattered with locations. Everything is well connected, and the minifigure lineup is perfect. It also seems rather deep, considering how the Council area is nestled in with enough spaces for everyone.

13 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Rivendell is definitely from a different source than these leaks, though the fact that both share similar confidential logos and background text is telling as far as the veracity of the other pictures. 

I'm so happy with the Rivendell Design. It looks absolutely gorgeous without feeling too scattered with locations. Everything is well connected, and the minifigure lineup is perfect. It also seems rather deep, considering how the Council area is nestled in with enough spaces for everyone.

That's what's bothering me the most. Why is it the same logo and background if it's from a different source??? If it's not from the surgery then from where? Ik I keep asking I'm just so confused 

17 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

That's what's bothering me the most. Why is it the same logo and background if it's from a different source??? If it's not from the surgery then from where? Ik I keep asking I'm just so confused 

Images from retailer preview catalogues typically have this watermark too, and often show pre-production sets, so it's either from one of those, or, given that this is more likely concepts, it's just the way that LEGO format any kind of pre-production, pre-release images. Hence looking the same, even if they're from different places.

Alternatively, they could all be from the same source, and some of those were also in the survey that was taken, but not actually leaked from the survey.

I am looking forward to the official release to se all the details (fingers crossed on an awesome narsil section).  Also do we think there are one or two more minifigs we cannot see yet?  Thinking extra elves or dwarves that might be hidden from the photo angle to round out the council scene?

It was ten years ago now that there were those leaked photos of LEGO offices where there were LOTR builds in the background and it was assumed by some that they were all genuine sets that would be produced. It is amazing that 10 years on there are similar discussions about the contents of leaked images.

9 minutes ago, MAB said:

It was ten years ago now that there were those leaked photos of LEGO offices where there were LOTR builds in the background and it was assumed by some that they were all genuine sets that would be produced. It is amazing that 10 years on there are similar discussions about the contents of leaked images.

There were? That sounds pretty interesting. Can somebody maybe them to DM me, or tell me where I could find those photos? All I've found from that time is this toy fair booth with a dude dressed as Gandalf :laugh_hard:

Lego-Lord-of-The-Rings-Sets-1.jpg

Edited by Alegrispa

15 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Images from retailer preview catalogues typically have this watermark too, and often show pre-production sets, so it's either from one of those, or, given that this is more likely concepts, it's just the way that LEGO format any kind of pre-production, pre-release images. Hence looking the same, even if they're from different places.

Alternatively, they could all be from the same source, and some of those were also in the survey that was taken, but not actually leaked from the survey.

Apparently @JeanGreyForeversaid Rivendell wasn't in the survey so different source 

1 minute ago, Alegrispa said:

There were? That sounds pretty interesting. Can somebody maybe DM me, or tell me where I could find those photos? All I've found from that time is this toy fair booth with a dude dressed as Gandalf :laugh_hard:

Lego-Lord-of-The-Rings-Sets-1.jpg

Haha started looking for them too and found this as well XD

8 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

There were? That sounds pretty interesting. Can somebody maybe them to DM me, or tell me where I could find those photos? All I've found from that time is this toy fair booth with a dude dressed as Gandalf :laugh_hard:

I only did a quick search, having remembered seeing the Bridge of Khazad-Dum and they are briefly discussed in the 2nd/3rd post but not shown here:

There might still be links to the images somewhere in that long thread but often images will have disappeared from the links anyway. There is still a link to an image including the SW Watto bust quite early on, I had forgotten about that one.

16 minutes ago, MAB said:

SW Watto bust

A WATTO BUST?!

EDIT: Found that picture. I vaguely remember seeing it a couple of years ago. Interesting to see what appears to be an early version of the UCS Slave I in the shelf, years before release, ditto for the UCS Tie and the Ewok Village, though it doesn't seem that early for those. And a probe droid as well, which we also ended up getting after a long time, albeit at a smaller scale. Really has my hopes down regarding the Deku Tree and Barad-dûr. It really could be a long time before we see those, if ever.

Do these particular offices still exist? Looks like a really fun place to work. The open floor plan, the angled shelves, the high ceiling. Getting really good vibes from that picture.

Edited by Alegrispa

I don't really care about IP but I'm a sucker for everything medieval!

Hang onto your wallets!